• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I feel cheated by that ending

NJHAWK

Coming back and winning that game could have got us out of our funk. We could have had a game winning dunk if our guys would have hustled. Its almost like we waited for the Denver d to get back. Joe has to take that shot. Flip has to be ready to shoot no matter what. Marv kind of hid behind the Denver defender hopeing he didnt get the ball.

Im not a Marv basher at all. Im telling you though watch him on that last play. He wanted no part of a pass from Joe.

I just wish Joe could've taken that shot....

Back to back deep 3's, great leadership, and then a game winner in the 4th would defiantly bring him out of his slump.

Yeah Marvin didn't want to shoot the final shot like he didn't want to shoot that 3 point shot in Boston earlier this season!

I didnt say anything about Boston or him scoring 31 and playing great last night. All I said was he wanted no part of the last shot even though he was the closest Hawk to the basket on the run out. Im just calling it like it is and Im talking about one specific play. Deal with it.

It wouldn't have come down to the last play if the Hawks had bothered to box out Anderson who had 7 offensive rebounds even though Denver shot 50%. Until the Hawks start taking care of the glass they are going to lose tight games they could easily win.

On the season the Hawks are getting outrebounded by 2.6 rebounds per game.

It wouldn't have come down to the last play if the Hawks had bothered to box out Anderson who had 7 offensive rebounds even though Denver shot 50%. Until the Hawks start taking care of the glass they are going to lose tight games they could easily win.

On the season the Hawks are getting outrebounded by 2.6 rebounds per game.

To me, our inability to rebound on the defensive end is our biggest problem right now. Second shot opportunities for our opponents are demoralizing, particularly after we play good D and force them into a bad shot and then they get the offensive rebound. In addition, people want us to play more uptempo but we can't run because we can't get the rebound. VERY frustrating.

That said, I see no reason why Smoove can't be a monster on the glass ala Dennis Rodman. He is such a great athlete and leaper and he has enough size and strength that he should be a 10 reb per game guy EASILY. We don't need his offense, we need him on the glass and blocking shots. Once someone gets him to realize that, he and we will be a lot better.

To me, our inability to rebound on the defensive end is our biggest problem right now. Second shot opportunities for our opponents are demoralizing, particularly after we play good D and force them into a bad shot and then they get the offensive rebound. In addition, people want us to play more uptempo but we can't run because we can't get the rebound. VERY frustrating.

That said, I see no reason why Smoove can't be a monster on the glass ala Dennis Rodman. He is such a great athlete and leaper and he has enough size and strength that he should be a 10 reb per game guy EASILY. We don't need his offense, we need him on the glass and blocking shots. Once someone gets him to realize that, he and we will be a lot better.

It isn't just the interior guys who don't box out. The guards don't either. If a guard takes a jumper on the wing you never see the Hawks guarding him box him out. that lets guys frequently follow their own shots.

It is clear that boxing out isn't taken seriously in Hawks practices.