• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just watched the Terminator movies again for the first time in a while

Plainview1981

I think I prefer the first round. It doesn't have the creativity action that T2 has. But I prefer the man against Robot over the Robot vs. Robot scenario. Really it's almost like a horror film with great action and some dark humor. The second one is great also, but closer to just an action level. But the father/son like relationship that John and Terminator develop gives the movie alot of humanity. It's amazing how well it's held up as an action movie also.

The 3rd one... Well, it's not as good as the first two. It lacks the intensity of the first two movies and I don't think the characters ever really gel together like they did in the first two movies. But it's still a fun thrill ride. If you don't expect it to be as good as the first two, I don't understand how you couldn't enjoy it as a good action movie.

The Terminator:10/10

Terminator 2:10/10

Terminator 3:7/10

Really, your shocked that I'm not interested in seeing a Terminator movie made without it's Icon and made by the guy that made Charlie's Angels? That surprises you? Oh yeah, it's got Stale Bale. I forgot. I should jump on seeing this one.

No I'm shocked that you're not looking forward to something ...

And how long ago was it that Bale was your boy and you were talking about him in such high regard?

To Cap, I am really looking forward to this as well since it should be very different from the other movies ... and that's even with me not really caring for Bale all that much.

• Admin
Really, your shocked that I'm not interested in seeing a Terminator movie made without it's Icon and made by the guy that made Charlie's Angels? That surprises you? Oh yeah, it's got Stale Bale. I forgot. I should jump on seeing this one.

It does not need the 'icon'. Arnold is only one model of Terminator. The terminator world is much bigger then just him.

No I'm shocked that you're not looking forward to something ...

And how long ago was it that Bale was your boy and you were talking about him in such high regard?

To Cap, I am really looking forward to this as well since it should be very different from the other movies ... and that's even with me not really caring for Bale all that much.

My opinion has be lowered after TDK. He hasn't gave a quality performance since 2003. I admire his ability to pick out decent-good scripts most of the time, but he needs to show some range. American Psycho was 10 years ago. His performances have gone stale since he has starting doing big budget movies.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Moderators

I still like Bale as an actor but TDK was definitely a disappointing role for him.

On the Terminator movies, I agree with your assessment of the original two movies. Both the Aliens and Terminator movies are classic. Both started with a tense, horror movie and were followed by more action oriented but equally excellent sequels. Both then jumped the shark after the first two entries in the series.

The first two terminators are definitely classics. I think T2 holds up better than the original Terminator for those who didn't see them when they were still new movies.

I still like Bale as an actor but TDK was definitely a disappointing role for him.

On the Terminator movies, I agree with your assessment of the original two movies. Both the Aliens and Terminator movies are classic. Both started with a tense, horror movie and were followed by more action oriented but equally excellent sequels. Both then jumped the shark after the first two entries in the series.

The first two terminators are definitely classics. I think T2 holds up better than the original Terminator for those who didn't see them when they were still new movies.

As good as T2 is... The horror vibe and Biehn is what wins me over for the first one. I realize the 3rd one has zero depth, but I think it's fun on an action movie scale and I'm not a big action movie fan. Also, I like Alien 3 better than most... But I have the best version as I have that 9 disc Alien set. Honestly, my opinion of the first goes down a tad the more I've seen it.

Maybe it's because I didn't see it when it first came out. The more I watch it, the slower and more standard it feels. The characters aren't all that interesting either to be honest with you. I wouldn't mind the slower pace if the characters were interesting, but they're not. I like Stanton and Kotto as supporting actors, but they're not really given anything to worth with here.

Aliens also takes awhile to get to the action, but I feel it's a better movie and it flows much better despite it's long running time. Depending on the mood I'm in, I can take or leave some of the character. Sometimes it feels like Bill Paxton was annoying and other times I watch the movie he adds fun. But boy, wasn't he obnoxious when he was younger... ESP in Weird Science.

For the Alien series I would go:

Alien:7.5/10

Aliens:9/10

Alien 3:6.5/10

Alien Resurrection:6/10

Edited by Hotlanta1981

It does not need the 'icon'. Arnold is only one model of Terminator. The terminator world is much bigger then just him.

I could accept that if there was an actor in this movie with some sort screen presence. This is alteast partly an action movie. I've watched these movies over and over since I was kid. Adjusting to these movies without him doesn't go over easy for me. It's not like he was the greatest actor, but like Sly in Rambo... He just fits the part. I don't see anybody in this cast right now that I believe can hold the movie up that way.

In terms of the Terminator movies, I think 1 is the best of the series. I agree with Hots in that #1 really has that great horror movie tension in it. Plus its the introduction of the story and cyclical nature of time travel. E.g., you don't get the rise of machines without the first Terminator going back in time to kill the machines killer's mother. Then, of course, the first movie's events start the events that culminate in the holocost and the humanity/machine war. Necessitating the time travel that starts the events, again. That is some cool stuff.

For the Alien series I would go:

Alien:7.5/10

Aliens:9/10

Alien 3:6.5/10

Alien Resurrection:6/10

I would score Alien 8.5

Aliens 10

The other 2 are garbage in my book. I still remember feeling completely ripped off coming out of the theator after 3. I waited for cable on Resurection.

Just curious if anybody here has watched Terminator, the Sarah Connor Chronicles. I watched it for a while but found the plot to drag a bit too slowly. The acting isn't that good either. I'm considering moving it off my dvr series record. Perhaps the fact that it was moved from Monday night to Friday night means it is about to get dumped anyway. Any opinions?

• Moderators
Just curious if anybody here has watched Terminator, the Sarah Connor Chronicles. I watched it for a while but found the plot to drag a bit too slowly. The acting isn't that good either. I'm considering moving it off my dvr series record. Perhaps the fact that it was moved from Monday night to Friday night means it is about to get dumped anyway. Any opinions?

It is mediocre. The plot is moving faster now but the overall level of the show is about the same. For me, it will probably be the first show I drop when I drop a show that I watch.

In terms of the Terminator movies, I think 1 is the best of the series. I agree with Hots in that #1 really has that great horror movie tension in it. Plus its the introduction of the story and cyclical nature of time travel. E.g., you don't get the rise of machines without the first Terminator going back in time to kill the machines killer's mother. Then, of course, the first movie's events start the events that culminate in the holocost and the humanity/machine war. Necessitating the time travel that starts the events, again. That is some cool stuff.

I would score Alien 8.5

Aliens 10

The other 2 are garbage in my book. I still remember feeling completely ripped off coming out of the theator after 3. I waited for cable on Resurection.

Have you see the directors cut of Alien 3? I haven't seen the theater cut, but most say the

directors cut improves the movie some. I've watched the best cut of the movie from the Alien Quadrilogy and it's not that bad of a movie.

Have you see the directors cut of Alien 3? I haven't seen the theater cut, but most say the

directors cut improves the movie some. I've watched the best cut of the movie from the Alien Quadrilogy and it's not that bad of a movie.

No, I was so ticked off at the theatrical release that I didn't even consider a director's cut.