• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

IF AND WHEN WE GET MIAMI IN THE PLAYOFFS

plskeepbibby

• Premium Member
I don't see any reason why the NBA would ever want a series to be uncompetitive. I think Stern & Co. would have to have been completely thrilled at the outcome of that series. It was a) 3 extra games which means more room for ads b) compelling ball which meant more room for watching and c) set up more compelling ball for the future as ATL gained exposure and the Celts-Hawks game on nat'l tv this season got HUGE ratings.

As far as whether a team can beat a superstar. The same great defensive team beat Lebron and Kobe this past offseason. As annoying as it will inevitivably be to see DWade get star calls all game, he is legitimately a takeover player who we should be more concerned about than the refs.

Well, it's like this.... NBA wanted Celtics vs. Lakers last year and they got it. Us taking Boston to 7 was a plus, but best believe that had we been in game 7.. i.e. not being blown up by 34, the ref whistles would have helped the hometeam. The NBA was pleased with our coming out. It awoke a fan base that had been asleep. It helped create a new market to replace dying Markets. etc. They love that... and the fact that we lost game 7 was even better.

Well, this year... The possibility of having Lebron vs. Wade after the MVP voting is done is too great. There will be pivotal whistles in our series with the Heat. If the ref have opportunity to turn homecourt during games 1 or 2, they will. Otherwise, they will wait.

I just hope that we're able to do just what we did to Roy to Wade. Let him get his points, but we not stop scoring.

• Premium Member
Well, it's like this.... NBA wanted Celtics vs. Lakers last year and they got it. Us taking Boston to 7 was a plus, but best believe that had we been in game 7.. i.e. not being blown up by 34, the ref whistles would have helped the hometeam. The NBA was pleased with our coming out. It awoke a fan base that had been asleep. It helped create a new market to replace dying Markets. etc. They love that... and the fact that we lost game 7 was even better.

Well, this year... The possibility of having Lebron vs. Wade after the MVP voting is done is too great. There will be pivotal whistles in our series with the Heat. If the ref have opportunity to turn homecourt during games 1 or 2, they will. Otherwise, they will wait.I just hope that we're able to do just what we did to Roy to Wade. Let him get his points, but we not stop scoring.

We shouldn't even give them the opportunity. I never believed in conspiracies, but I know that certain Playoff matchups guarantee a certain amount of revenue/TV ratings and that games can be (and have been) influenced to get those matchups. But if we play well enough at home, all the influence in the world won't mean a thing. We have the type of team that can be competitive against any team in the league and I just want to see us get the chance to compete just like any other team without the silly smoke and mirrors that are used to get the "best" matchups.

Wade will definitely get some BS calls, there's no doubting that. He constantly drives to the basket so it's just going to happen anyway.

I'd actually like to play Wade like the Pistons played Shaq in the finals that season. Let him get his points but shut down the rest of the team. It's hard enough to double Wade anyway, but if he starts driving and kicking to open three point shooters they could beat us if someone gets hot.

Well if i was the coach and they were going to give Wade touchy calls. Id put in someone to give a hard *ss foul in the lane. If the refs gonna call that crap. Might as well earn our fouls.

Im telling you guys. Even if they didnt give him the touchy calls. We should foul Wade hard in the paint anyways just to set the tone and show Wade the Atlanta Hawks mean business and we own this paint. I bet it would change his whole game.

• Premium Member
Im telling you guys. Even if they didnt give him the touchy calls. We should foul Wade hard in the paint anyways just to set the tone and show Wade the Atlanta Hawks mean business and we own this paint. I bet it would change his whole game.

Agreed. There's nothing wrong with a good old fashioned physical game during the Playoffs. It's sad when the college game is more physical than the pro game.