• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Billy Knight haters

Sasquatch

• Moderators
"It was also during McHale's reign that the Timberwolves were punished by the NBA for making a secret deal with free agent forward Joe Smith to circumvent the league's salary cap rules. Before the 1998-1999 season, Smith agreed in secret to sign three one-year contracts with the Timberwolves for less than his market value. In return, Smith received a promise that the Timberwolves would give him a multi-year, multi-million dollar contract before the 2001-2002 season.

In 2000, after word of the secret agreement got out, NBA commissioner David Stern voided Smith's final one-year contract with the Timberwolves, making Smith a free agent. Stern also took away three of the Timberwolves' next five first-round draft picks and fined the team $3.5 million. Smith signed with Detroit for one season, but came back to Minnesota before the 2001-2002 season as a free agent."

Tell me again about the bright future that Kevin Mchale gave the Timberwolves?

And you are a moderator?

Some slight of hand.

Great job Billy Knight!

By the way...

I guess, given this latest development, I would be remiss if I did not site outstanding character as another one of your attributes.

McHale is a god awful GM.

By your standard, he was great though.

Here was the future McHale led the T-Wolves to (or that was achieved in spite of him):

2001 - 47-35

2002 - 50-32

2003 - 51-31

2004 - 58-24

If you are basing Billy Knight being a great GM because the team won 13, 26, 30, 37 and might hit 50 wins over the last 5 years, then you have to agree that McHale was an even greater GM using that standard when his team averages more than 50 wins over 5 consecutive seasons.

Now, I will look at the decisions McHale made and tell you he was awful by how much better the team would have been had McHale not made so many mistakes. I will tell you that Knight was a better GM but that he also whiffed on way too many important decisions and is not by any reasonable standard a great GM.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic