• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Chillz on Twitter

mattlanta

http://twitter.com/JChillin

not sure if this is in the right forum, if it isn't, i apologize.

anyways, i sent him a message saying "@JChillin Yo we're missin' you in ATL, man! Hopefully we can see you back in the NBA in the near future... good luck in Europe for now." and he said "JChillin@Libid21 thanks alot. I appreciate the support" lol... idk... i thought it was kinda cool.

i get star struck easily... people i've had similar very small talks with:

jordan schafer

jeff Adreian from CT

lol idk

I've gotten the hang of twitter for the most part, but in my line of work we kinda use it to get people out to events and promote ourselves

its like a big message board for everyone to read... it works the best when u have a couple of people following you and actually replies to your tweets

check mines out http://twitter.com/I_AM_SoFA_KiNG

Turner Sports to Integrate Twitter Into NBA Playoff Coverage

Posted Apr 09, 2009 3:40AM By Nate Jones (RSS feed)

Filed Under: NBA Media Watch, NBA Twitter

Another day, another NBA Twitter story. This time, it's not a story about a player on Twitter, but the league and its broadcast partners utilizing Twitter to promote this year's NBA playoffs. According to a report on Mashable.com on Wednesday, Turner Sports (TNT and NBA TV) plans to have its team of commentators start tweeting throughout the playoffs.

I know what you're thinking...Charles Barkley on Twitter. Well, not quite. Kenny Smith, Craig Sager and Ernie Johnson will all be tweeting, but there's no mention of the mention of the Chuckster on the list of Turner personalities getting Twitter accounts. Turrable!

The Mashable report notes that the Turner commentators' tweets will also be integrated into a NBA on TNT Facebook fan page. The Facebook integration is nice and all, but to really make an impact the Turner team is going to need to figure out away to integrate Twitter into their broadcasts.

ESPN's Lisa Salters did an excellent job tweeting from the arena during an NBA on ABC broadcast this Sunday. Throughout the broadcast, she would give the viewers an update of what fans were tweeting about. On Twitter, she would give her followers updates on what was going on in the arena during the game.

It will be interesting to see how this promotion turns out for Turner. But more than anything, it's just cool to see how much the NBA -- its players, teams, and broadcast partners -- have embraced Twitter. I think this embrace has allowed Twitter to gain a ton of traction (say thank you to @The_Real_Shaq, Twitter investors), and also allowed the NBA to get tons of publicity (Tweeting from the locker room became national news). Let's see if both entities can continue to benefit from this unexpectedly awesome relationship.

Chillz messaged someone else saying "hahahahaha. You're funny man. The Hawks are doing very well. I don't think they need me." So I guess he's probably convinced himself that he won't be coming back to Atlanta next year.

How is Chillz doing overseas btw? I've always wanted to watch him, Brandon Jennings, and Ricky Rubio, but I don't really know how.

I don't see why Twitter is so huge now. It's the exact same thing as the Facebook status update, except FB has a lot more features.

It's so much easier to use. And that's just it... the features of Facebook get in the way of the status messages when they show Person A writing on Person B's wall, or if that person commented on this person's photo, and all those other useless applications. Twitter is just simple.