• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm the #1 Mario West fan.......

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

but he has to be one of the worst basketball players on all the planets. Dude better get his game up if he wants to keep making that NBA cheddar!

Seriously I think he was a little nervous. Maybe he'll show up big in the last 2 games.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member
I think he could play an important role guarding Wade . . . . or whoever.

sorry doc but Mario is a match up nightmare (for the Hawks) until he can hit jumpers

• Premium Member

I'm a huge GA Tech fan so I'll always have love for his game. His offense wasn't this bad at Tech though. I think a lot of it has to do with the speed of the game/not having any rhythm. His defense and energy do help us at times though. It's more obvious when you are at the games but you can see the team really pick up their energy when he is in the game making his typical "Mario hustle plays".

but he has to be one of the worst basketball players on all the planets. Dude better get his game up if he wants to keep making that NBA cheddar!

Seriously I think he was a little nervous. Maybe he'll show up big in the last 2 games.

So one of the worst basketball players on the planet could pick the pocket of Lebron James and Tony Parker in the open floor?

Not to mention contain Kobe Bryant?

He will follow that act by turning water to wine and walking on water. LOL Seriously though, if he can keep whatever rhythm he has in short stretches for a longer duration then he'll be a help. I think he's great because he gives intensity off the bench. Offensive liability? Yes. But if he can keep his composure for longer periods, he'll be o.k.

• Premium Member
Even worse than the aliens in Spacejam? Are you sure about that?

close...but would have to give a slight egde to the Rio.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

sorry doc but Mario is a match up nightmare (for the Hawks) until he can hit jumpers

Good coaches, which we don't have, use guys like him who are not well rounded players. They have a skill for a certain aspect of the game and that is utilized to change the flow of the game. Like a special team player in football. He can alter the course of a game if he is used strategically.

• Premium Member
Good coaches, which we don't have, use guys like him who are not well rounded players. They have a skill for a certain aspect of the game and that is utilized to change the flow of the game. Like a special team player in football. He can alter the course of a game if he is used strategically.

Bruce Bowen was a key guy for the Spurs and the dude is a miserable ball player.

• Premium Member
Bruce Bowen was a key guy for the Spurs and the dude is a miserable ball player.

Bowen can hit open 3's

It's pretty obvious that Mario needs to work on his jumpshot-and if he can actually become a useful shooter, he could be a very Bruce Bowen-like player.

He plays defense differently than Bowen, though. Rio's feet are extremely quick, and he uses his body well, and is quick with the hands as well. Bowen is more of a physical defender who uses his strength.

Mario's got some physical tools, so it would be nice to see him really blossom. He's definitely got the work ethic.