• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

When we work consistently well in Woodys defensive system...

Jammin29

Do you think Woody will work hard on working out a good offensive system for us to play in, woodys a defensive coach as you know, hes not an idiot, he is capable of putting in a real offensive system. So once we become consistent at what he wants to achieve on defense, will he work on our offense ? I think we defiantly will.

In my opinion its our biggest problem and everybody on here thinks woodson is an idiot. Maybe he's just taking it one step at a time instead of trying to do to much because we are still yet to be consistently good on defense. I don't believe we should risk firing woody, much like I don't believe we should even be thinking about trading Josh Smith for the same reason; untill we have a good offensive system. Woody is the one who made us a good lock down defensive team(well its far from consistent), we dont have great man defenders on our team but once we get the defense consistent, then we work on the offense, much like the pistons.

His job is to work on BOTH facets of the game. We play well when we play consistent defense, and a lot of that credit goes to him. But, he hasn't installed an offensive identity, which bothers me. Either get someone who you will allow total control to coach up offense, or focus on both offense and defense while not shafting the other.

His job is to work on BOTH facets of the game. We play well when we play consistent defense, and a lot of that credit goes to him. But, he hasn't installed an offensive identity, which bothers me. Either get someone who you will allow total control to coach up offense, or focus on both offense and defense while not shafting the other.

He doesn't totally ignore the offence in training, hes just more focused on defence. If we can't play consistency on defense (which isnt woody's fault), how will we be able to develop an offensive and defensive identity at the same time ?

One thing he needs to do though is tell Josh Smith to play in his damn limitations and run more pick and rolls, other then small decisions like that, that are made in during the game which the players should be able to make for themselves. Im fine with him developing a defensive identity before the offense.

Edited by Jammin29

Mike Woodson is the anti-D'Antoni.

But people would rather watch offensive basketball, with bad defense . . than defensive basketball, with bad offense.

But here's the crazy part about the "bad offense"

Go to this link:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ATL/

. . and click on ORtg ( offensive rating )

When you do that, it'll list the best Hawk teams each year, based on their offensive rating.

What you'll see, is that the 08 - 09 Hawks are tied for the 7th best offensive team in Hawks history ( according to their offensive rating system ).

When you do the same thing for DRtg ( defensive rating ), the 08 - 09 Hawks are one of the bottom 10 worst teams in Hawks history ( according to their defensive rating system ).

The inconsistency of this team actually comes more on the defensive end, than it does on the offensive end. It's just that the offense is usually just average to below average. The defense fluctuates wildly, from being great . . to being flat out horrible.

The inconsistency of this team actually comes more on the defensive end, than it does on the offensive end. It's just that the offense is usually just average to below average. The defense fluctuates wildly, from being great . . to being flat out horrible.

I agree with that and when our defense is working it fuels the offense. Defense wins titles.