• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does Jon Barry have a beef with Woody?

AtlHomer

Before the series, I heard Barry on the radio saying if the Hawks didn't win this series, this has been a "dismal" season. I was like WTF? They won ten more games than last year and finished 4th in the conference. If they lost to Miami, it would be very disappointing, sure, but "dismal"? It's not like we were the 1 seed against an 8, or a team like Orlando that flirted with being in the upper echelon. It was a 4-5 matchup. So why was Barry so strident about this?

That performance yesterday and now reading about his brief time here under Woody kind of clears things up. He was dripping with contempt yesterday over this team for no apparent reason and it was frankly unprofessional. This guy has a beef with the organization, fine. But don't carry it into your analysis. (The fact that Atlanta was missing two starters on the road and every call went Dwyane Wade's way in game 6 might have had something to do with why it took Atlanta 7 games to beat Miami, Jon.) Dude made zero insightful comments, gave a team that I'm pretty sure he picked to lose this series no respect, and basically crapped all over the city he lives in.

And Woody is right. What has Jon Barry done to deserve to be called an expert on anything? The guy was a scrub living off the name of his father. Seriously, why does he have a job talking about basketball on ABC and ESPN?

Woody is not right. Ever think about the possibility that his beef is legitimate? It's obvious to me that it is. It's also obvious that he knew more about basketball as a child than Woody does now. The fact that you called Barry a scrub shows me you have no respect or understanding of the game of basketball. There is a reason his teams always went to the playoffs. All he did was make all of his teammates better. Woody doesn't understand that, that's why he's an idiot.

Also, the fact that you don't think Barry has any insight into what kind of disaster Mike Woodson is as a coach, is alarmingly ignorant. The verdict has been in on Woodson for some time.

This isn't news to me. His situation with Barry years ago, was one of the first indicators to me that he was clueless about winning.

By the way, regardless of average. Barry was 10x the player Woodson was. Losers don't make good coaches. How could they? All they know is how to lose. Mike Woodson was a garbage scorer on some of the worst teams in history. But it's just a coincidence that he sucks, huh?

Edited by TroyMcClure