• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I Would Like to Hear What BK Thinks

khaos7

Let's get the obligatory I hate BK, he didn't draft Roy, passed on CP3 or Deron Williams stuff out of the way. We all know how people felt about him when he was there.

However, when you see Josh Smith being our highest scorer in the playoffs, JJ finally step up in a game 7, Horford play like a soldier while injured, Zaza (a player no one knew about) play tough minutes, Marvin (in game one at least) set the tone early on, and Bibby lead the young team Billy Knight put together via trade, FA, or the draft, I have to wonder how he's feeling these days.

Many people have called this mixed matched team with a bunch of redundant pieces. Now the team is growing up before our eyes. I, for one, am curious as to hear what his thoughts are about where we are now as a team.

You act as if BK had a season where he was above .500 in any of the jobs he has had.

And how did you arrive at that opinion? Not once did I mention his record or herald him as the next coming of West the NBA logo. I simply said want to know what he thinks. One thing non of us can deny is he picked the majority of the players on this team. Billy Knight made some dumb choices (Speedy, Shelden...). That said, he constructed the roster (minus Mo and Flip). Josh Smith said as much at the end of the season. Regardless of what he did in the past or how he left, I would like to know how he feels about the progress of this team, now that he's removed from the situation. We've reached goals in the past 2 years. However, he isn't around to reap the accolades for it. I just want to know how the cat feels about it. He's been silent.

And how did you arrive at that opinion? Not once did I mention his record or herald him as the next coming of West the NBA logo. I simply said want to know what he thinks. One thing non of us can deny is he picked the majority of the players on this team. Billy Knight made some dumb choices (Speedy, Shelden...). That said, he constructed the roster (minus Mo and Flip). Josh Smith said as much at the end of the season. Regardless of what he did in the past or how he left, I would like to know how he feels about the progress of this team, now that he's removed from the situation. We've reached goals in the past 2 years. However, he isn't around to reap the accolades for it. I just want to know how the cat feels about it. He's been silent.

Huge additions. There's an argument that the young guys "finally came of age" and Flip and Mo were at the right place at the right time. But, those two vets made the difference.

Trying not to be bias, if BK were looking for another GM job around the league, I'm sure his experience with the Hawks would be viewed as positive. He can take credit for getting most of the pieces here. As far as his draft choices...you can't be judged entirely on those decisions. The draft is a gamble, it's a crapshoot. Nobody knew when he drafted Marvin, Chris Paul would be as good as he is. I mean, you can look at the flip side, drafting Smoove.

I bet he would feel good about the Hawks' success. Well, everyone except Woody.

BK did some good things. He did some bad things. We all agree with that.

Hawks grew from nothing to make the playoffs under his directions. We were

still 100 % BK this time last season.

We lost Childress and gained Mo and Flip under our new GM. Our team and

our head coach continue to mature. I have to believe that every Hawk player

that was on last year's roster is better now than they were at the end of last

season. Woody too! MW still isn't great. Like the team, he had a lot of room

for improvement from the day he first stepped on the floor as head coach.

Sometimes, our players make us shake our head and say, what are they doing?

Why aren't they better? Same with Woody. Some things he does drives us nuts.

Yet, love them or hate them, they are ours. They are in the second round and

it's been a long time since we've been in this position.

If our former GM isn't proud of what this team has done, something is wrong with

his ego. We all know it was fine when he left here.

:angel19:

Its hard not to stumble across talent when you are consistently picking in the top 6.

Having said that you're going to have top 6 picks for multiple seasons when you totally strip down and revamp a roster that was going nowhere.

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Having said that you're going to have top 6 picks for multiple seasons when you totally strip down and revamp a roster that was going nowhere.

If you believe the Bible, which I do, the Chicken. It doesn't say anything about

the creation of eggs!

Multiple, high draft picks --- Improved team and record. Couldn't have one

without the other. We didn't have the funds or the drawing power in the

free agent market to do it any other way.

I would like hear what Pete Babcock and Stan Kasten think. How the hell cares?

In the context of this playoff run, his opinion does warrent some attention. After all, he's the one who stripped the team down for better or for worse. It was BK's decision to go with Joe (which led the ownership group into court). He made the most important draft picks of this decade for the team (for better or for worse), and most of the players on his roster are his players. So after watching a team go from 13 wins to 47 wins and a 2nd round berth, in this context Knight's observations would garner some interest. If you think it wouldn't, let the AJC track him down during this playoff run, get an interview and watch how many people on this blog would have some type of response. Asking what he thinks about the direction of a team he helped to big isn't a negative question. It's just one man's opinion; I think its justified to wonder. Throwing Babcok and Kasten into the conversation is irrelevant because they didn't sign Joe and Zaza, trade for Bibby, draft Horford, Smith, Marvin, Acie, and Solo. BK did. So the question becomes, is this team performing the way he thought it would and according to the timeline (if he even had one) he had.

the reason he kept picking top 6 is because his picks sucked. So did his free agent signings.