• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm Sick of The BS Coming From The Hawks Org!

Traceman

They keep feeding us all this BS but I don't believe they have a CLUE as to what they are going to do! I think they are literally hoping and praying that a miracle happens to get them out of this mess. They claim that they traded Dog for nothing so that they would have the money to resign JT. Then, they claim that signing JT is their first priority and that everything is on hold until they get that done. I don't believe either of those things for a second.

I think they traded Dog so that they wouldn't have to pay the luxury tax. PERIOD. If they were so anxious to sign JT, wouldn't they have AT LEAST made him an offer by now? JT has not even received ONE offer from another team. If the Hawks offered him even a 7 yr /$45 million deal, he would have to at least CONSIDER it. But as far as I can tell, they haven't offered him ANYTHING yet. The question is WHY?

In addition, the Hawks claim that EVERYTHING else is on hold until they resign JT. Let me get this straight. Right now, a 19 year-old rookie who has proven NOTHING appears to be slated to start at either SG or SF and we sit idly by and watch teams like Denver and Utah decide what players they want at those positions and then we take the leftovers? It looks like Denver will sign Barry to a 1 year deal for around $2 million, choosing him over Glover and Stehpen Jackson (probably a money issue with Jackson). You meran to tell me that we can't even offer a SG (or SF) a $2 million deal until we resign JT? What the heck? The sadder part is that even if we do get Glover back, we are getting back a Nuggets' reject. As fans, we are PRAYING that we get back a player in Glover who was rejected by the team with the worst record in basketball last year! A team that had the great Junior Harrington as it's starting SG last year. How pathetic have we become if that is the best thing we can hope for this year?

We are also PRAYING that we can resign a player coming off a BROKEN NECK (DJ) that few, if any, teams are expressing any interest in. I LOVE DJ and I'd be very excited to have him back in a Hawks' uniform but lets be real. It's not like other teams are dying for his services right now.

Then there is Stephen Jackson. We may actually end up signing him to a 2 year deal because apparently, neither Denver nor Utah is willing to offer him a long term deal at the money he's looking for. You know why? Because he's not worth it. He is a solid role player but he has not done enough to prove he's worth a long term commitment. But we as Hawks' fans are PRAYING that we can get him. Wow, how desperate we've become.

The Hawks keep saying not to judge them until they put a team on the floor in October but they want me to renew my season tickets NOW, when if the season started today, we would lineup:

Theo/Nazr (IF healthy)

Reef/Hendu

CC (IF healthy)

Diaw/Hansen

DD

HAAAAAAAAAA! PLEASE! There is no way in [censored] I will renew my tickets until I find out what team are putting on the floor. I don't trust this franchise to do JACK! I wouldn't go watch the team above play for FREE, let alone drop two grand for the privelege of doing so.

Even if they resign JT, so what? I'll go to some games but I won't by the full season package. If they resign JT, DG AND DJ, I MIGHT renew my package just because I like DJ and I'd like to be there every night to root him on in his recovery effort.

The bottom line is that this franchise had better show me SOMETHING if they want me to renew my tickets. I have my season ticket money sitting in a savings account but I can think of SEVERAL things I would rather do with that money at the moment.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

I think they traded Dog so that they wouldn't have to pay the luxury tax. PERIOD. If they were so anxious to sign JT, wouldn't they have AT LEAST made him an offer by now? JT has not even received ONE offer from another team. If the Hawks offered him even a 7 yr /$45 million deal, he would have to at least CONSIDER it. But as far as I can tell, they haven't offered him ANYTHING yet. The question is WHY?

Welcome. Is really good to see you using your noodle and not believing everything that is being fed to you by Knight. Of all the things about Babcock I will say this... I tried to remain honest even though he was very "political" at times... That's in comparison to Knight/Kasten... I think these guys Do stuff and they do it because they have their commands from the higher ups and then they try to come up with reasons why...

Like when Knight said:

"We're in a position to go after Odom, Jackson, and or Glover "...

That was the biggest bunch of Malarkie i have heard in a while.

They don't do what they say.

I believe that in their hearts, Knight and Kasten might believe what they are saying. If it were their world, they would do what they say.... However, it's not and they don't.

• Premium Member

The signs are saying that we might be in the midst of a massive rebuild. It's hard not to dismiss the claims that SAR is on the blocks...

Knight traded him one time already. I think he'd do it again for financial security.

And that's what the rebuild will be about.

Like I have said...

We will probably low ball JT... Get him to take an offer where he's making no more than 5.5 next year.

Sell of Theo and SAR for Picks and Cap Space... So that we can start over.

I don't have enough faith in FAcy to say that we can draw good free agents... Only guys like Jackson and this C out of Seattle who will not be worth what we will have to spend to get them...

So, we might as well focus on Picks ala Chicago and let the FAs fall were they will....

Maybe we can get the next Lebron James...

was made. I NEVER bought the BS that the deal was done ONLY to give the team room to sign JT or ONLY for chemistry reasons. I think the team was going to trade SOMEONE to avoid paying the luxury tax and Dog made the most sense.

As for the demands from higher ups, I'm sure that has played a significant role in the personnel decisions made by Kasten and Kinght.

• Premium Member

Well you've hit the nail on the head! I preached last year that this was a BS organization especially after they didn't go after West to oversee the operations.

They don't want to spend any money on this franchise and maybe car man does not have the cash to buy the team.

It's really sad.......................................

Be honest: What do the Hawks have that you would actually build around? Shareef puts up numbers, but he has no heart and he has the worst winning percentage of any active NBA player. He is not a franchise player. Ratliff has played one good half season, and all he's done since he got here was whine about being a Hawk. Terry has no position, and, while it's nice that he scores 20 ppg, he is not a franchise player. He's not even a star player. This franchise needs two things: cap room and lottery picks. It is that simple. And all of you people who think one or two trades or free agent signings will fix things are out of your minds. Denver has shown the blueprint, and the Hawks need to follow it. Either that, or offer Kevin Garnett $200 million next summer.

P.S.:The big dog trade was hopefully the first step of this plan, because they got the exact thing they needed in that deal: cap space. And please, you people have got to let it go with Dermar Johnson. He was a bust before the accident, and he will be a bust after it. He will never be the type of guy you have to have on your team. Let it go.

You're assuming they picked Barry over Glover because he's the player they wanted. Glover may be asking too much. It's a game of chicken at this point in the season as these guy's prices can only go down. Kinda like scalpers tickets close to showtime.

But yes, aol can play hardball because they're not going to own the team down the road, so they don't care about the fans.

deflation is coming to the NBA too, and it wil hit the weakest teams first, which is us.

Several teams have expressed significant interest in Barry. For instance, Indy wanted to sign him but couldn't due to the fact that they needed to resign Miller and remain under the luxury tax. Other than Denver, name a team that has even CONSIDERED adding Glover. If that's not enough, after signing Barry, the Denver Post reports that Kiki still may sign another SG and it goes on to say that Stephen Jackson and Voshon Lenard are the 2 best SGs left. Notice the conspicuous absence of Glover's name when best available SGs left is mentioned.

We all obviously know more about Glover than the national press but the fact is that nationally, he is not exactly a hot item. If he signs anywhere for more than Barry, I'll be shocked.

I have to take a knee and give you credit on this one. I really think that's the sentiment of everyone on this board. For years, I've called this franchise the Demi Moore of professional sports because they've done little to nothing since arriving in this city in 1968 but 'striptease' the fans every year into believing that they finally have their [censored] together, knowing full well that they don't. Even when they were winning with 'Nique in the '80s and Lenny and Co. in the mid-90's, the front office sat on their hands, cried about how the salary cap and their position in the draft are the sole reasons behind the lack of depth and the hideous draft picks, all while watching other teams pass them by in the standings. The fact that Jerry West is running the show in Memphis and not here should say it all when it comes to the lack of status and respect this franchise should merit. If they couldn't convince him to come here and turn this mess around, why in the world should ANYONE with a straight face expect them to acquire top-level free agents? Let's be REAL honest here; given this team's track record of signing free agents that other teams actually WANT, do you expect them to land Kobe or KG? I'm not betting my checking account on it happening anytime soon. Why would they want to leave their current situations to play on a team that in all likelihood have missed the playoffs FIVE YEARS IN A ROW???

• Premium Member

Glover's about 7 years younger.

Glover is more atheletic.

Glover can play 2 or 3.

Glover scores more.

Glover rebounds better.

Barry is a better three point shooter.

Barry has experience.

Barry score 9, 3.3 apg, and a few rebounds this past season all career highs.

Barry should be cheaper because of his age.

I think all things considered... Barry had more suitors because it was known that his asking price was low and he wouldn't play for Long and that he can shoot.

However, Glover is almost starter quality if he can build on what he started last year. However, he will want a longer contract, will play more minutes, and will demand more money.

It comes down to what you want!

What can he possibly DEMAND? He may "demand" himself right to Europe or the CBA. If he's lucky, someone will give him a 2 year deal at something above $1.5 million/season. He might end up with a one year deal with a team option for the 2nd. I won't be surprised to see him end up back here for a 2 yr/$3 million deal.

• Premium Member

I think the thing that you miss is that Glover can actually be a Starter for a few teams in this league. Barry and Ira are really Back Up Quality. I qualify that by saying if Glover builds on what he finished off last season. I wouldn't give him Bowen type money, but I believe (injury history aside) he has much potential and might be worth more of an investment than 3 million over 2 years.

Ira got more because he is worth more defensively and

his scoring improved all the time that he was here.

He wasn't too much when he got here but he had become

a pretty fair point getter when he left. He hit some shots,

got some put back scores and did a good job from the

line while continuing to play good defense.

DerMarr Johnson should be given an opportunity to play

for the Hawks again. He shouldn't want or expect a

huge contract. We need 12 players. He should be one

of them {Providing the price is right }.

Hawks have two centers and that seems to be something

that other teams are looking for right now. Someone

may make us an offer we just can't refuse for one or

the other of them {Well, I can dream, can't I ?? }

Ira had offers on the table from Memphis, Chicago and Cleveland AT A MINIMUM! Those teams were bidding against each other for Ira's services. What teams are bidding against each other for Dion's services? Denver is the ONLY team that has been linked to POSSIBLY signing Glover and now, since they signed Barry, he appears to be out of the loop there. They signed Barry over Glover despite not having a SG and they signed Barry for around $2 million. The HAWKS haven't even made a bid for Glover. If they offered 2 yrs/$3 million right now, I think he'd jump on it. What better option does he have?

Your mentality about players' values is amazing to me. You wanted to give Jacque Vaughn, who can't find a job now, a 3 yr, $12 million deal. You wanted to give the same deal to Kevin Willis. There is NO need to over pay for these guys.

Just wait. Dion will likely be back because no one else wants him and we likely won't be able to find anyone better. When he comes back, he'll be playing for NO MORE than 2 yrs/$4 million and probably significantly less.