• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks take a step forward but leave questions behind

DrReality

Joe Johnson for Luol Deng and a first round pick.

Joe Johnson for Jerryd Bayless and Lefrentz and 2010 1st? I don't know if Lefentrz is expiring this offseason though.

Joe Johnson for Rudy Gay and Milicic?

Just throwing some ideas against the wall. I just think we're better off keeping Joe and either signing a co-star in '10 or trading Chillz, Speedy and a pick for something of quality.

Totally agree with Shulz. Horford is a solid player who is still improving and he is RELIABLE. He will eventually give you 15 ppg and 10 rebs EVERY NIGHT. We have TWO POWER FORWARDS. DEAL ONE!

Smoove will never improve under Woodson, so if you are going to get rid of Woodson...keep Smoove, but if Woodson's staying, trade Smoove for a real big man and move Al to the #4. I PROMISE you he will outproduce Smoove on a nightly basis and Horford won't make you want to rip your hair out. Smoove was STILL taking jumpers and STILL trying to lead the fast break last night and fumbling his way down the court. He doesn't realize his strengths and seems uncoachable. Let him be someone else's nightmare.

Joe is another story. He has zero leadership qualitites and seemed to accept losing even before last night's game began. Joe still plays like he did when he first got here...he dribbles too much and tries to do too much.

It slows our development as a TEAM. Joe is milar to Smoove in the way that he doesn't realize his own capabilities.

In summary, I would trade Josh & Joe and possibly Bibby and or Zaza and build around Horford, Marvin & Acie.

I would also LOVE to see a new coach for this team, but I don't see that happening. Unless some big name expresses interest, change just for change sake won't help. Getting blown out on the road in Miami isn unacceptable for this team, if we are truly better than last year. How do we go from taking Boston to 7 to letting Miami take us to 7?

Edited by JackB1

if we are truly better than last year. How do we go from taking Boston to 7 to letting Miami take us to 7?

Just to be fair..............both Horford and Marvin were 100% for the Boston series. That makes a big difference.

We were not the same team in the playoffs that we were during the regular season in 08-09 due to those injuries. What team could beat Cleveland with both their starting SF and C injured ?

In 07-08 we were far better in the playoffs then we were in the regualr season. Probaby due to the addition of Bibby and time to develop chemistry with Bibby and the rest of the roster that was established once the playoffs began.

On trading Smoove for a starter quality center. I would prefer to trade him for a young allstar PF like Stoudemire or Bosh and leave Horford pat at center. I just think that when Horford is healthy, that he has a matchup advantage 3/4 of the time. Just get that mid range jumper down and keep using your speed to run those slower centers up and down the court.

Edited by coachx

Totally agree with Shulz. Horford is a solid player who is still improving and he is RELIABLE. He will eventually give you 15 ppg and 10 rebs EVERY NIGHT. We have TWO POWER FORWARDS. DEAL ONE!

Funny how you say this as if it was a fact. His offense sure is reliable though just not in a good way. We can certainly rely on him to be virtually invisible in the half court.

I just think that when Horford is healthy, that he has a matchup advantage 3/4 of the time.

Why don't you point out the times Horford was a matchup advantage for us this year? He certainly wasn't against JO.