• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith and Andrew Bynum

Wurider05

I was just reading on realgm that Bynum and Jackson aren't even speaking. Just based on my observation and the fact that they are in a win now mindset. If he was out there would a Smoove for Bynum trade help our team. Kobe doesn't have too much time left and would probably mean that Gasol would have to play center (which he has done in the past). I don't think that Bynum can handle the pressure of playing in LA.

Lakers

Fisher

Kobe

Smoove/Odom

Odom/Smoove

Gasol

Hawks

Pg

JJ

Marvin or Chillz

AL

Bynum

Makes sense to me. I wonder how we would play with Chillz instead of Marvin with that lineup. We would probably lead the league in field goal % since everything would be near the basket pretty much or keep Marvin and let Horf/Bynum work the post!

If this trade was possible would it make Bibby less of a liability on defense?? I am not completely sold on Bynum but would you guys pull the trigger on this?? I am not sure of the salaries and I know Bynum is injury prone!!

Edited by Wurider05

While I think this idea is closer in terms of the relative value of the players than some of the others discussed here, I don't think it would work for either.

I mean, why trade a player whose main downside is not committing to the system the coach implemented for another player who has the same issues?

Bynum approaching Kwame status- No and HELL NO. I will rather deal with Smoove everyday including Leap year.

Sure he's averaging one knee surgery per year but he would really help our team. Phil takes him out because he's a boss of a coach that won't stand for his players dogging it on the floor. I mean Phil even called Kobe out in his book, you think he's going to think twice about pulling a guy who missed his assignment out of a game and benching him?

Woody on the other hand would just feed Bynum the ball and minutes all day every day. It will make Bynum happy and Woody happy that he doesn't have to break a sweat drawing up a play. We'd go from iso Joe to Iso Joe/post up Drew. That's a whopping two plays now! Already our offense is more dynamic.

The Lakers would have to throw in Farmar, then I'd consider it. For Horford or for Smoove, it'd change our team around for sure. I'm more sure the Lakers would do the deal if it was for Horford, he complements Gasol very nicely.

Bynum, Farmar, Laker 1st for Horford...I'd still pass due to injury concerns but it'd be a solid deal for both teams.

• Premium Member
HELL NO..they can keep Bynum

Joe Jonson and Bynum on the same team :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

Hawks don't need any more passive players if they plan to compete with the upper tier teams in the east. Yeah... good job of team building BK. Your obsession with choir boys have turned my Hawks into the Braves of Basketball.

I wouldn't trade for Bynum at all...definitely not for Smoove or Horford. I mean maybe a 1st round round pick but now way the Lakers go for that..throw in Solo maybe. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The Lakers would have to throw in Farmar, then I'd consider it. For Horford or for Smoove, it'd change our team around for sure. I'm more sure the Lakers would do the deal if it was for Horford, he complements Gasol very nicely.

Bynum, Farmar, Laker 1st for Horford...I'd still pass due to injury concerns but it'd be a solid deal for both teams.

From what I have seen of Farmar he isn't worth making a trade for. He has talent but it seems like he struggles with confidence. I would be willing to make the trade of Bynum for Horford though even though his glass knees worry me a bit.