• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's bring our boy back home in 2013!

Diesel

• Premium Member

After reading this warm and feel good piece, I said to myself... Orlando won't live up to that commitment. I think they are just as sometimy as anybody else. This is what Shaq noticed. This is what Howard will see over the next 2 years. The time is now for us to start making overtures to our home-boy and get him back in the ATL.

There was a story on ESPN today about Dwight. They showed footage of 18 year old Dwight and Smoove before they were drafted at Dwight's house. If only we got that #1 pick in 04. Imagine us with Dwight/Jameer or Smoove.

• Premium Member
Just like Orlando would never be stupid enough to let a young Shaq leave....... :cant believe:

I heard Howard say that I will stay in Orlando if they want me. Those are the same fans that Booed Howard most of this year and in the first game of their Philly series. This is the same team that almost self destructed against the Celtics.

Here's some commentary after the beantown meltdown....

I don't understand why this guy thinks he's dominant? He's dominant on the defensive end but definitely not on the offensive end. He has no moves what so ever and when you put bodies in there that can bang with him he has NOTHING. All the guy does is hook shots from the free throw line. It's like throwing the ball into a black hole when you post the guy up.

He should watch game film and practice a jumpshot instead of twittering. Forget "Superman", the guy is now "Tin Man"...no heart and needs lots of oil on his post moves.

-Greg

Howard is a punk-- I am sick of his smirking and whining. He is not a winner and the true "big baby" of this series. he will have the whole offseason to find some ba*ls

Posted by: Don

Dwight doesnt get the shots because he cannot consistently make them. He messes up the offense running fluidly. They throw the ball down to him and he holds the ball to long and either makes a bad pass or bad shot..a forced shot. Also i have noticed all series long dwight shoots and turns and runs back, not realizing he needs to follow up and get the rebound, heck i have seen him turn and run back when another player shoots and ball is in the air and he is already running the other way. Dwight needs to grow up, realize he is paid alot of money and if he truly gave 110% effort and hustle he would really be dominate. In my opinion he truly lacks the hustle. Hey Dwight, roll up your sleeves and get dirty, it's time to earn that paycheck!

Posted by: kevin

I agree, Dwight is not an offensive threat! Van Gundy is absolutely 110% accurate by not giving the ball to Dwight to take bad shots. If the game is on the line, would you want Dwight taking the shots? Hell No! He has no offensive game whatsoever! It seems to me that when Dwight is out and Gortat is in (not that he is great), but the offense flows better, they are not focusing on getting the ball to their superstar Dwight! He misses way too many shots!!!

Posted by: kevin

Dwight is a boy among men! For a player to be the defensive player of the year - and not "foul hard" when he does foul, instead he gets called for "touch" fouls. Come on Dwight, show your critics your not a "boy" make a statement! When you foul, make sure everyone and their brother knows it's a foul. Give them something to think about next time. Offensively, Dwight you have shown 2 moves, do you think you can be a little more creative??? Who doesn't know your going to the middle when you get the ball?

Posted by: The Pastor

I am no fan of Stan Van Gundy... but Howard has shown an incredible lack of character here. A 'superstar" questions the coach to his face as the game is going on... or to his face after the game. You don't go to the media to blame the coach after a tough loss... especially after you... the supposed Defensive Player of the Year... disappeared on the defensive end during the Celt's run (where were the key blocked shots, steals, or even key harassments from this defensive stalwart when they needed them. A lot of focus on the offensive problems, but a key stop would have won this game for the Magic just as easily. A guy like Kevin Garnett would have gotten into his teammates' faces as they imploded... AND upped his defensive intensity... because he IS a superstarHow about a little look in the mirror, Mr. Howard. Again... this is no defense on Van Gundy... he should be fired. But this is the NBA... and star players are supposed to take control, not whine about their coach.

Posted by: Cardinal Bill

Dwight is showing his true colors. Dwight is soft. Dwight chokes under pressure. Dwight can't shoot free throws. Dwights defense leaves much to be desired-except for his goal tending ability. Dwight is not a leader, just a spoiled brat. And most of all Dwight is a punk thug who should be traded because he is not worth the money he is being paid. However in this age of millionaire punk thugs like Howard the only one going anywhere is SVG and that is a shame because now we will become the same old perrennial losers we have always been. I have been saying it all along, Boston in 6 unless the NBA tells the refs to make it a 7 game series for the ratings, then it will be Celtics vs Cavs as I have been saying all along.

Posted by: A E Banks

You think these fair weather fans are going to stay with Dwight Howard through thick and thin??

Next year, KG and Boston will come lumbering back. Hedu might not be a magic. The Magic might not surround Howard with what he needs to be where he is now. This may be their last trip to the mountaintop. Those fans will once again turn on Howard. I say this is our time to start making overtures to our boy that he can always come home. We can build a team around him and Smoove!