• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jeff Teague

Hawk88

Why is this guy not getting much love? Is he a guy teams aren't talking about so that they can get him or are their issues. As much as I don't want us drafting a PG this guy looks very good. What am I missing?

Hawk88

Recent Minny Workout:

Teague had the purest stroke and hit his jumper most consistently in the drills and during the scrimmage (which I'll get to in a moment). But it was obvious that he's a level behind and had trouble keeping up with his peers. In an extremely guard heavy draft, I imagine it's going to be tough for him to turn many heads.

here

Teague's stock in this draft is likely wavering because he's the epitome of a combo guard. I think scouts hesitate to evaluate him as a potential starter down the road. Rather, he's looked at more as a potential 6th man type that will give a team instant offense off the bench. Defensively, he is probably a liability at this point.

Jeff Teague is a guy that can score in a variety of ways, and everything at Wake Forest played off him this past year. He gets to the basket as good as any guard in this draft, and he also has one of the higher free throw rates of any guard in this draft. I consider this to be a good thing, because I like it when guards attack the basket rather than settle for jump shots on the perimeter. Jeff Teague is also very good at the pull up jumper. He shoots a high percentage from the three point line, but only 26% of his shot attempts were three pointers. He was below average when it came to catch and shoot situations and situations where he was ran off the pick or screen. As a point guard, his assist rate is low, turnover rate is high, and assist to turnover ratio is almost 1.00.

Overall, this is a guy that will probably struggle being a point guard in the NBA in the traditional sense. I think he's a better fit as a 6th/7th man type coming off the bench as a scorer. In some situations, he might be able to start. Even alongside someone like Joe Johnson though, I think Jeff Teague will have to improve his assist rate and overall defense significantly.

Rumeal Robinson? Travis Mays? Are these far comparisons? Maybe not because Teague is very fast. Draftexpress has us taking him in their mock at 19 now.

Edited by NJHAWK

Sounds a lot like what was said about Acie . . . . .

I think Eric Maynor of Virginia Commonwealth is more like Acie. They are both point guards that slow the pace down, get to the rim at will, and are relatively weak as perimeter shooters.

Rumeal Robinson? Travis Mays? Are these far comparisons? Maybe not because Teague is very fast. Draftexpress has us taking him in their mock at 19 now.

I think he's similar to Jason Terry, though I think Terry was more of a three point shooter coming out than Jeff Teague is.

I think Eric Maynor of Virginia Commonwealth is more like Acie. They are both point guards that slow the pace down, get to the rim at will, and are relatively weak as perimeter shooters.

I think he's similar to Jason Terry, though I think Terry was more of a three point shooter coming out than Jeff Teague is.

Acie wasn't close to a weak perimeter shooter coming out,that was one of his strengths.

Acie wasn't close to a weak perimeter shooter coming out,that was one of his strengths.

Was not close. Now his three point shot looks terrible. Maybe it's because of Woodson crushing his confidence. Either way, Acie does not look like he will be a PG for us in the future.