• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is there any shot of having this lineup?

mattlanta

PG: Bibby / Teague

SG: Johnson / Crawford

SF: Childress / Evans

PF: Smith / Horford

C: Horford / Pachulia / Andersen

Is there any shot we make those signings and re-signings or is there simply not enough money?

1. $14,976,754 Joe Jonhson

2. $10,800,000 Josh Smith

3. $9,360,000 Jamal Crawford

4. $7,000,000 Mike Bibby

5. $6,000,000 Josh Childress

6. $6,000,000 ZaZa Pauchulia

7. $4,307,640 Al Horford

8. $2,500,000 Maurice Evans

9. $1,373,880 Jeff Teague

10. $855,189 Randolph Morris

11. $457,588 Min salary player

12. $457,588 Min salary player

Total $64,088,639

That is above the cap but beneath the assumed luxury tax mark.

It could work. Now David Anderson may push us into the luxury tax though.

Good because I would love nothing more than to have this rotation!

Thanks for that coachx.

No prob.

I like that rotation too.

We may not be able to sign get Anderson, due to MLE pushing us into the luxury tax. Under that scenerio, I would like to spend $1.5 mill more on Marvin rather then Chillz for the simple fact that Marvin is a better defensive rebounder and can play PF at times. I think Marvin would have more value for what the roster is lacking (long front cout depth and rebounding.)

Now if the choice some how came down to (Marvin) or (Chillz and Anderson)..........then I take Chillz and Anderson all day.

Is there any shot we make those signings and re-signings or is there simply not enough money?

And let Marvin walk for nothing?

If we can Sign-and-trade UFA's, I'm curious if Portland would go for Bibby for Blake/Outlaw as previously mentioned on here. That would give us a little leverage when dealing with Marvin/Childress. Outlaw can shoot the 3-ball as well as either of them and he is definitely every bit the athlete. Both of them are in the last year of their deals so it would keep our bench deep for now while maintaining the flexibility for next summer. If we could find a 3-way deal with the Clippers that nets us Camby/2010 1st for Marvin that would be pretty heavenly if the Portland deal went through.

I'm just not comfortable giving Bibby more than a 1-2 year deal. He certainly would help us a lot more than a guy like Blake (he's obviously not a starter but more a solid BU) but at the expense of hurting our financial flexibility a year or two from now?

Blake/Crawford/Teague

Johnson/Crawford

-FA-/Outlaw/Evans

Smith/{Zaza}

Horford/Camby

12th - Alade Aminu

13th - Mario West

What is it looking like Lamar Odom and Ron Artest will command on the open market? Any chance the MLE could nab Odom or is he still going to command closer to $10M? Childress could be brought back to fill in that SF spot. We could definitely use Zaza if the price is right. Is Jason Kidd a legitimate option for us? If that were the case, Joe could play some 3, Crawford the 2 and Blake become the backup PG that he really is.

These aren't the best talent for talent trades out there but the purpose of them was to keep talent on the bench (Crawford/Outlaw/Camby/Teague) while maintaining Summer of 2010 flexibility. We could go after any player we wanted in the summer of 2010 if we chose to and would feel good about extending Horford. We'd also have our own 1st and hopefully someone else's 1st next year to fill in the holes possibly left by Blake/Outlaw/Camby.

After looking back over that, Blake can't be our starter. So if Crawford is a 6th man and not a starter, a starting PG (maybe even Bibby) would have to be attained.

Edited by jezmund

Cheaper and Chillz is not garbs. ASK DIESEL

Cheaper but it not like were breaking the bank on marv... so to save a some dollars were gonna give ourselves a lesser chance to win. I'm sorry but if were going against the lebrons and Rashard Lewis of the east id rather Have Marv stretching there D and using his size to Defend... Letting Marv walk for nothing would be a :no-no: moment.

and chill and garbage.... but he does have a garbage mans game

Childress is a nice bench player but thats all he is. To be a starter in this league you actually have to have a jumpshot especially when you play the 3.

Childress is a nice bench player but thats all he is. To be a starter in this league you actually have to have a jumpshot especially when you play the 3.

I don't think that's always the case. If you put Childress on a team where the PG, SG, and either the PF or C can be weapons from outside then you can get by with a guy like Childress as far as his outside shooting is concerned and then you can reap the benefits of what he does which is get hustle points, offensive rebounds, solid defense, etc. Plus he can hit a wide open 3 so if you put him on a team like Cleveland or Utah I could see him being very useful.

But with the Hawks lack of outside shooting ability from the 4-5 positions he's definitely not a good fit as a starter.

• Admin
I don't think that's always the case. If you put Childress on a team where the PG, SG, and either the PF or C can be weapons from outside then you can get by with a guy like Childress as far as his outside shooting is concerned and then you can reap the benefits of what he does which is get hustle points, offensive rebounds, solid defense, etc. Plus he can hit a wide open 3 so if you put him on a team like Cleveland or Utah I could see him being very useful.

But with the Hawks lack of outside shooting ability from the 4-5 positions he's definitely not a good fit as a starter.

I like Chill and his game was missed last year but I like Marvin more. If one of these guys walks then we better not lose him for anything.