• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gordon, Villanueva to Pistons

Frenzy

link

The Detroit Pistons made the biggest early splash in free agency on Wednesday, agreeing to terms with Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva.

Former Bulls guard Gordon will receive a five-year, $55 million deal, while former Bucks forward Villanueva gets a five-year deal for $35 million, sources told ESPN.com's Chris Broussard.

Gordon rejected deals from Chicago in excess of $50 million each of the past two seasons.

The Associated Press first reported the Villanueva signing.

Free agents can't officially sign with new teams until July 8.

Gordon, who was taken third in the 2004 draft by Chicago, led the Bulls in scoring each of the past four seasons. He averaged 20.4 points per game on 45.5 percent shooting last year. For his career, he has a 21.3 points per game average.

Villanueva, the seventh overall pick by Toronto in 2006 who has played the past three seasons with the Bucks, averaged 16.2 points and 6.7 rebounds per game last season.

And somebody had the nerve to say that Joe messed up by trading Billups for Iverson.

Joe Dumars just reloaded the gun.

Buh Bye Rip.

I wouldn't say he reloaded the gun...I'm still thinking Detroit will be a below .500 team for sure. Ben Gordon and Charlie V won't be enough to get them anywhere close to the playoffs. But your right Rip is gone for sure now.

Looks like the hard nosed defensive culture in the D just flew out the window along with the factory jobs.

um Gordon can defend..dont let the instand offense fool you. he gets down and plays D. Better then most of our guards do anyway. Villanueva..he isnt a known defender but sometimes guys decide to play D when they are on a team that stresses it so we'll see what happens. I think this is a good move for the Pistons..Rasheed is gone most likely. Magic and Celtics are interested i heard

Edited by r3drumNYNJ

um Gordon can defend..dont let the instand offense fool you. he gets down and plays D. Better then most of our guards do anyway. Villanueva..he isnt a known defender but sometimes guys decide to play D when they are on a team that stresses it so we'll see what happens. I think this is a good move for the Pistons..Rasheed is gone most likely. Magic and Celtics are interested i heard

Uhhh say what??

I'm very happy that the Pistons made these moves as it should guarantee that they remain below us in the standings for quite some time.

• Admin

That is hilarious...Gordon is considered one of the worst defensive guards in the league. He has the Barkley Ole move.

The Pistons just threw away any success with these moves. Charlie V sucks and Gordon can score and shoot but he is one dimensional.

I have never liked the Pistons since I started watching basketball. They are in for a big fall this season as they dismantled a quality squad over the last 2 seasons and replaced it with slop.

This team will be on the bottom of the standings.

• Premium Member
I wouldn't say he reloaded the gun...I'm still thinking Detroit will be a below .500 team for sure. Ben Gordon and Charlie V won't be enough to get them anywhere close to the playoffs. But your right Rip is gone for sure now.

Uhm?? Did you watch Ben Gordon in the playoffs? VIllanueva is versatile. Detroit will be a playoff team.. Plus, they're getting Avery Johnson.

I still can't believe that Detroit was clearing cap for this. I also can't see Gordon and Rip playing well together. Rip and Iverson did not play all that well together and where do the assists come from on this team? Also, where does the defensive inside presence come from?

I still can't believe that Detroit was clearing cap for this. I also can't see Gordon and Rip playing well together. Rip and Iverson did not play all that well together and where do the assists come from on this team? Also, where does the defensive inside presence come from?

Yea I imagine Charlie V, Austin Daye and Ben Gordon getting Swiss cheesed out there.

• Admin
Uhm?? Did you watch Ben Gordon in the playoffs? VIllanueva is versatile. Detroit will be a playoff team.. Plus, they're getting Avery Johnson.

THe Pistons just spent a lot of money on two average players that do not play a lick of defense.

This is not making them better. These guys are not players that you build a team around.

• Moderators
THe Pistons just spent a lot of money on two average players that do not play a lick of defense.

This is not making them better. These guys are not players that you build a team around.

That is also my view. I understand clearing cap for Bosh or someone like that. For Charlie "The Bucks Have Too Much Talent to Want Me Back" V and Ben "the shorter Jamal Crawford" Gordon? Yikes.