• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This team is not going to land good big men in FA..

Plainview1981

Sorry, it's not going to happen. Everybody worth a d@mn is going to sign with LA, Boston, Orlando, SA or Cleveland. Unless you want pieces of crap like Allen Iverson the team will be left with David Anderson at the start of next season. Today's players want everything handed to them. They want to jump on a team, do the minimal and win a title. Stomaching today's players gets harder and harder every season. It looks like the team will have to settle for keeping their own FA's and getting ran out of the building by Cleveland again next year. I'm sure Dice will sign with Boston also.

Yes, the rich keep getting richer :no-no:

Apparently, to land big free agents, you have to be in a big city and/or already have stars on the team to woo players to the dark side.

Atlanta is projected to be the 5th largest U.S. city within the next 2 decades, so maybe we'll get some FA love by then, unless the FA's of the future are even more high-maintenance than you correctly described :helpsmilie:

Yes, the rich keep getting richer :no-no:

Apparently, to land big free agents, you have to be in a big city and/or already have stars on the team to woo players to the dark side.

Atlanta is projected to be the 5th largest U.S. city within the next 2 decades, so maybe we'll get some FA love by then, unless the FA's of the future are even more high-maintenance than you correctly described :helpsmilie:

Agreed Hotlanta, every year the Celtic's Lakers etc reload and what are we talking about for the Hawks,resigning Bibby? :no-no: The teams that go for championships not only keep their core players but add to it and until the Hawks do that they will be spinning their wheels. I don't want Bibby back but the Hawks need to get the point guard situation resolved fast to get a big man.

Sorry, it's not going to happen. Everybody worth a d@mn is going to sign with LA, Boston, Orlando, SA or Cleveland. Unless you want pieces of crap like Allen Iverson the team will be left with David Anderson at the start of next season. Today's players want everything handed to them. They want to jump on a team, do the minimal and win a title. Stomaching today's players gets harder and harder every season. It looks like the team will have to settle for keeping their own FA's and getting ran out of the building by Cleveland again next year. I'm sure Dice will sign with Boston also.

We're not going to win a tug of war battle in regards landing free agents versus those five teams mentioned. Boston and LA deserve any player they can get because they've earned it by having a history of a committment of winning. The spurs are in the same class in the last decade, dominance. LeBron is the best player on the planet, Dwight the best big man... Who wouldn't want to play with those two? Sure it sucks... But of course were going to lose out to that handful. No use worrying about it.

We're not going to win a tug of war battle in regards landing free agents versus those five teams mentioned. Boston and LA deserve any player they can get because they've earned it by having a history of a committment of winning. The spurs are in the same class in the last decade, dominance. LeBron is the best player on the planet, Dwight the best big man... Who wouldn't want to play with those two? Sure it sucks... But of course were going to lose out to that handful. No use worrying about it.

This is why drafting the bust over Paul has really hurt this team. Even if they want to spend money, this is not an attractive team to want to sign with if your an experienced vet..

I really hope its not the case...if it is...lets just hope and pray ALOT that the Hawks show that we can beat the talented teams even with the squad we have now. Thus, making us more of a popular team and more free agents will be attracted next summer.

This is why drafting the bust over Paul has really hurt this team. Even if they want to spend money, this is not an attractive team to want to sign with if your an experienced vet..

How many notable free agents have signed with NOLA? Mo Pete? James Posey? I think Peja was the only FA allstar to go play with the best pg in the league and they only had to over pay all three to get them. Guess grass is always greener.

How many notable free agents have signed with NOLA? Mo Pete? James Posey? I think Peja was the only FA allstar to go play with the best pg in the league and they only had to over pay all three to get them. Guess grass is always greener.

NO seems like a fairly cheap franchise to me. Aren't they kept also? They didn't even keep Jannaro Pargo last offseason.

NO seems like a fairly cheap franchise to me. Aren't they kept also? They didn't even keep Jannaro Pargo last offseason.

Yea they can't seem to hold onto guys like Pargo because they spend full MLE on impact players like Morris Peterson and James Posey. Now they are in luxury tax land with a horrible team, go figure.

My fingers are crossed that our draft this year might help that. As far as attractiveness.. Were not there, I agree. But were on the right path. Still really young, and the last couple of years have helped. In reality, IMO, despite the playoffs... Were still fighting an uphill battle. Our ownership.. Who wants in that mess? I don't think players are sold on our coach... AJC says he's respected around the league, I just don't buy that. We just can't compete with the Celts or Spurs in FAcy... We just can't! It's that simple.

My fingers are crossed that our draft this year might help that. As far as attractiveness.. Were not there, I agree. But were on the right path. Still really young, and the last couple of years have helped. In reality, IMO, despite the playoffs... Were still fighting an uphill battle. Our ownership.. Who wants in that mess? I don't think players are sold on our coach... AJC says he's respected around the league, I just don't buy that. We just can't compete with the Celts or Spurs in FAcy... We just can't! It's that simple.

An undersized SG is not going to help attractive FA's here. I like what I read about the Teague kid, but there is no reason to believe he will be that type of player.

Unless you want pieces of crap like Allen Iverson the team will be left with David Anderson at the start of next season.

Apparently you missed the memo, and until you learn to appreciate that we should at least learn how to spell our own players/prospects names there will be a lot of confusion. Thank you for your time.

Apparently you missed the memo, and until you learn to appreciate that we should at least learn how to spell our own players/prospects names there will be a lot of confusion. Thank you for your time.

How many minutes has David Anderson played with the Hawks? Dude doesn't even basically count as part of the team. So who cares if it's Anderson or Andersen?

High 5: " As far as I'm concerned his name is spelled "Santa Claus" cause that MFer ain't real to me."

That sums up how I view it. I typed his name incorrectly on purpose. Even if they EVER bring him over he will probably suck.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I still believe Sund is going to work something out to make our frontcourt better. He didn't give us any reason to doubt him...

In real world, making our frontcourt better and deeper actualy means:

1. Re-signing Zaza &

2. Signin' Dice or Joe Smith or maybe DA

P.S. Knowing the situation on the market and all the circumstances (already layed out), I'd be happy with mentioned outcome!

Yep. Gotta agree.

The rich - hottest teams will always have their choice of players.

What great player wants to play in Atlanta when they can go to

one of the top teams, as noted? Correct answer: No one.

That's just the facts of life in all professional sports. Either you are

a hot city / team / destination or you're not. Atlanta is not.

Still. Not all plyers can go to these desired destinations. They can

have just so many players on each team. The rest of us poor slobs

get to pick over the remainder of the players.

Therefore, there will be some pretty good players left. Not all stars.

They are going to the before mentioned cities. Check it out. When there

is an all star team, where do the majority of the players come from?

Yep. We all know that answer, don't we.

Picking thru the leftovers - That's us. But, we're not alone. All those NBA

teams not mentioned are right there with us. We gotta fight them for

whoever is left.

:sad:

That's why I wanted to use Speedy + whomever, to bring in Camby. We'll get someone though. It'll be a reserve type big that's more talented than Morris, but less talented than Zaza.

Damn . . we already possibly have that in Solo.

Solo is our big FA signing. Put him on some HGH and have him gain 10 - 15 lbs.

It's either Solo . . . or Shelden.