• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question to the board.

Swatguy

• Premium Member
edit: correction Crawford was 7th in western guard voting with 665,038 votes finishing 1,469,760 votes behind 2nd highest voted guard Chris Paul.

Yi Jianlian was 3rd in eastern forward voting with 1,813,829 votes finishing 253,004 votes behind second highest voted forward Kevin Garnett.

Joe Johnson was 10th in eastern guard voting with 420,210 votes finishing 619,692 votes behind 5th place voted east guard Luke Ridnour

Oh yea Diesel, go ahead and put your eggs in that allstar snub basket. :hush:

http://www.nba.com/2009/allstar2009/01/22/...0122/index.html

So do you think that China is voting for Crawford?

Point is... Crawford was voted for amoungst all of those other big names... and 6th place? AND.. Crawford didn't have China voting for him.

The point is that somebody thought that Crawford was worthy of being on the ballot and many people felt that Crawford was worthy of being on the team. BTW, all the eggs are not in the Allstar basket. The fact that he's a 20 point player that can create for himself speaks for itself.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So do you think that China is voting for Crawford?

Point is... Crawford was voted for amoungst all of those other big names... and 6th place? AND.. Crawford didn't have China voting for him.

The point is that somebody thought that Crawford was worthy of being on the ballot and many people felt that Crawford was worthy of being on the team. BTW, all the eggs are not in the Allstar basket. The fact that he's a 20 point player that can create for himself speaks for itself.

How does the fact he was the best player in the largest media market? Yea he was traded during the season but folks around here haven't forgoten who Jamal was. Hell we even tried voting Eddy Curry in that one good year that he had.

I will give you the truth because you will probably get a lot of people crying about you asking the question..

But the truth is that Joe is MILES better than Marvin at the three.

Defensively.

Joe has the ability to play better defense than Marvin at the 3. When we played Cleveland in the playoffs, you could tell that Lebron was guarded when Joe was on him.

I think that Joe has an advantage guarding Sfs because he doesn't have to chase them around like he chases 2s. At 6'7 240, Joe is strong enough to handle anybody. Rarely do you see anybody post Joe up, Rarely do you see anybody shoot over Joe.

Offensively.

Joe's offense doesn't miss a step at Sf. He plays the same way weather he's at the 2 or 3. That being the case, the real question is IS Marvin better than Crawford at the 2?

I don't think so. Crawford has been mentioned in Allstar circles as a starter at the 2. I've never heard anybody saying Marvin got snubbed.

Intangibles.

Marvin used to go to the line a lot. NO longer. Two things have happened. Marvin stopped driving and Refs stopped giving Marvin calls. The Whole league now knows that Marvin is clumsy and he clumsily falls towards the rim when he drives. I've seen Marvin picking himself up off the floor (with no call) last year more times than he has in the previous three years.

When you talk about Crawford, Crawford drives. Crawford averaged 5.1 FTA per 36 to Marvin's 4.7 & Flip 4.2 per 36.

When it comes down to it its not about player versus player because I think we can all agree that Joe is better than Marvin but what really matters is whats best for the team. I'm not a big marvin fan but I can't say that moving him and putting Joe at the 3 helps this team WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!