Mavs Happy to Assist Bass in Sign-and-Trade

Posted: 7/10/2009 9:13:00 AM

Source: Eddie Sefko of The Dallas Morning News

While Thursday was a red-letter day in Mavericks' history it may have also been the end of Brandon Bass' time with the organization.

President of basketball operations Donnie Nelson said Bass is likely to sign elsewhere, perhaps choosing among Portland, Orlando and Detroit.

"We have nothing but love for Brandon and if there's any way we can help him get somewhere in the form of a sign-and-trade, we'll be happy to do it," Nelson said. "From a purely financial standpoint, it just looks like he will end up elsewhere

Posted: 7/10/2009 9:13:00 AM

Source: Eddie Sefko of The Dallas Morning News

While Thursday was a red-letter day in Mavericks' history it may have also been the end of Brandon Bass' time with the organization.

President of basketball operations Donnie Nelson said Bass is likely to sign elsewhere, perhaps choosing among Portland, Orlando and Detroit.

"We have nothing but love for Brandon and if there's any way we can help him get somewhere in the form of a sign-and-trade, we'll be happy to do it," Nelson said. "From a purely financial standpoint, it just looks like he will end up elsewhere

I'd love it if we could find a way to get Bass for Chillz but it seems like it would be difficult unless they are both willing to accept salaries that will keep them from being BYC players.

I'd love it if we could find a way to get Bass for Chillz but it seems like it would be difficult unless they are both willing to accept salaries that will keep them from being BYC players.

I would love to get a guy as good as Bass for Chillz.

The problem is that Chillz will cry if he does not get to start and wants a salary that will make him BYC. His head is the size of his fro.

With Howard and Marion it would be tough to find a place for him in Dallas.

I would do about anything to keep Bass out of Orlando. That guy is just what they need.

Edited by coachx