• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Magic match Mavs offer to Gortat

• Admin

Okay now I will officially say that the Magic have at least broken even this off-season and perhaps gotten better.

I did not think they were going to match and figured that was why they picked up Bass from Dallas. However, now since they matched Dallas I have a hunch that Dallas will match Orlando for Bass.

If not they were plenty deep at the big man position.

Yeah, Dol. Before this I didn't think the Magic had gotten any better, but now that they have added Bass and retained Gortat, I'd say they're at least slightly better. I still am unsure if Carter is any kind of upgrade over Turk, though.

I did not think they were going to match and figured that was why they picked up Bass from Dallas. However, now since they matched Dallas I have a hunch that Dallas will match Orlando for Bass.

If not they were plenty deep at the big man position.

Oh, so Bass isn't officially on Orlando yet? Didn't realize he was restricted. In that case, I guess Orlando's strength still remains to be seen.

Using Sham's salaries site I just calculated the Magic's total salary next year at around 78 million. And that's with only 10 players. Maybe I did it wrong, but geez.

holy crap!...i hope somebody has some deep pockets over there

I dont recall ORL being a top money earning team or anything like that

i still dont know if that gets them back to the Finals...unpredicatable Hedo got them to the finals IMHO...Jameer threw the whole thing off

Go Hawks!

• Admin

wow

a) Orlando has a freaking nasty frontcourt

b) the Mavs just got played, they lost what looked to be their starting C and they lost their top backup big last season with nothing to show for it -- they're gonna have to make a trade, no?

They do have some nice bangers now. It will be interesting to see if Lewis moves over to the SF and Bass becomes the PF or Howard moves to PF and Gortat starts at Center.

They do have some nice bangers now. It will be interesting to see if Lewis moves over to the SF and Bass becomes the PF or Howard moves to PF and Gortat starts at Center.

I think Howard/Gortat would be monstrous on the board, but both those guys are strictly low post players and they would screw eachother up on offense. I'd imagine that Shard will stay at the 4 for most of his minutes just because it worked so well last season.

Jameer/AJ

Pietrus/Reddick

VC/Shard

Shard/Bass

Dwight/Polish Hammer

Will be the primary rotation I'd imagine. That is a very very very solid 9-man rotation.

The Magic have really deep team now. Don't forget Ryan Anderson who was a "throw in" on the VC trade. Everything that I've heard about him is very positive and he's killing it in the SL. I really find it hard to find a better team than the Magic in the EC ...on paper anyway.

I think their lineup will be:

Nelson/AJ

Carter/Reddick

Lewis/??

Anderson/Bass

Howard/Gortat

With Anderson, they have a shooter, so their offense can still run similar to the way it did last year. I still don't think they'll be as good as they were last year, although that's just a hunch. They do have a very good frontline, though.

The Mavs aren't going to make the playoffs next year. I think Cuban is a failure as an owner.

Edited by EazyRoc

I think their lineup will be:

Nelson/AJ

Carter/Reddick

Lewis/??

Anderson/Bass

Howard/Gortat

With Anderson, they have a shooter, so their offense can still run similar to the way it did last year. I still don't think they'll be as good as they were last year, although that's just a hunch. They do have a very good frontline, though.

The Mavs aren't going to make the playoffs next year. I think Cuban is a failure as an owner.

You forgot about Pietrus, he would most likely be the main backup at both sg and sf and yes I do agree that Cuban is a failure. Between the fines and the amount of money he's paid in salary for mediocrity I don't see why he doesn't realize that that team will never win a championship and just rebuild.