• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wilcox Agreed to Terms with Pistons

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60662/20090718/source_wilcox_agrees_to_terms_with_pistons/

The Pistons have agreed to terms with free-agent forward Chris Wilcox, according to a source.

The deal is reportedly worth $6 million over two years.

Detroit is signing Wilcox as a replacement for Antonio McDyess, who signed a deal with San Antonio.

I would have done $3M per for Wilcox. That isn't great to see a rival getting this kind of rate for a servicable big man.

The starting C job and guaranteed playing time is what made Detroit attractive (I presume). I would assume Sund would have paid $3 mill a year for Wilcox but he would have to competed with ZaZa for just 20 minutes of playing time.

Kwame Brown would be his only competition in Detroit. Wilcox is a decent defender but does not block or alter many shots. Detroit's post defense will be their weakness this year.

Edited by coachx

The starting C job and guaranteed playing time is what made Detroit attractive (I presume). I would assume Sund would have paid $3 mill a year for Wilcox but he would have to competed with ZaZa for just 20 minutes of playing time.

Kwame Brown would be his only competition in Detroit. Wilcox is a decent defender but does not block or alter many shots. Detroit's post defense will be their weakness this year.

He wouldn't have been what we needed. Zaza is already somewhat decent. We need shotblockers, I don't know why people keep jumping at any big available. We need a shotblocker!