• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Updated Twitter Feeds

TheTrueSiete

EXTRA LARGE Twitter Feed!!! BRACE YOURSELVES!!!!!

sekousmith01 “Blue and White back at it this morning in the Hawks’ mini-camp.”

sekousmith01 “Teague with a slick assist and a steal and layup for Frank Robinson. This thing is starting the same way as last night.”

atlanta_hawks “Scrimmaging just getting underway at Philips Arena for the morning session.”

atlanta_hawks “Yaroslav Korolev getting it going early on with a few buckets inside and out”

sekousmith01 “Randolph with a nice block. Korolev working inside today. Nice bank shot, too. He’s looking good again.”

sekousmith01 “Teague is directing traffic nicely, Christmas with the finish.”

sekousmith01 “Siler is at the line again. He’s attacking around the basket for the White team. Teague goes wherever he wants on the floor.”

sekousmith01 “Subs on the floor. White up 8-7.”

sekousmith01 “Brian Hamilton dtains a nice jumper at the shot clock buzzer for Blue.”

sekousmith01 “That was supposed to be “drains.” Typing without looking is killing me right now. Ha.”

atlanta_hawks “Lewis Clinch for 3!”

sekousmith01 “Taggart with the dunk on a nice feed from Hamilton. Clinch for 3!”

sekousmith01 “Earl Barron is struggling with his shot. I think everyone expected him to come in here and standout more.”

sekousmith01 “Huertas with another 3!”

sekousmith01 “Clemente Martin with the finish. He’s been a pleasant surprise.”

sekousmith01 “Subs out, Blue up 23-13.”

sekousmith01 “Teague with a nice drive but the floater bounces out. He got fouled, though.”

sekousmith01 “Randy with the nice spin move and jumper.”

sekousmith01 “Teague with a charge on Homicide. Nice pass from Homicide to Ivan Harris for a jumper.”

atlanta_hawks “Nice pass from Homicide gets Ivan Harris an easy jumper. Harris has shot pretty well the past couple days.”

sekousmith01 “Great pass from Teague on a drive but Hunter blows the finish. Robinson makes up for with a fast break dunk. Teague with a nice steal.”

sekousmith01 “Christmas bails Teague out with a nice drive and finish plus the foul, but he blew the free throw.”

sekousmith01 “Blue up 32-20 at the end of the first period.”

atlanta_hawks “First 20 minutes of play done with - Teague’s team leading 32-20″

atlanta_hawks “John Lucas III opens the second half scoring by going coast to coast.”

sekousmith01 “Subs in to start the second 20. Joe Smith not expected until later this afternoon, after the afternoon session.”

sekousmith01 “John Lucas III with back-to-back buckets. A third rims out but he was fouled.”

sekousmith01 “Hamilton with another strong finish over the much bigger Chris Ellis, who answers with a nice jumper on the other end.”

sekousmith01 “Sundiata Gaines with a spot up 3!”

sekousmith01 “Barron with a strong finish inside over Taggart.”

sekousmith01 “Gaines with a pretty reverse layup and the foul.”

sekousmith01 “Hall of Famer Dominique Wilkins and NBA TVs Eric Snow in the building.”

sekousmith01 “Barron has suddenly come alive. Another strong finish at the rim.”

sekousmith01 “Teague swishes the jumper!”

atlanta_hawks “Othello Hunter shows off a nice dribble drive as he scores against his old OSU teammate, Ivan Harris”

sekousmith01 “Hunter over Harris. Where is the Buckeye love? Both have played well thus far.”

sekousmith01 “Teague with another slick pass underneath to Hunter, who blew the layup.”

sekousmith01 “Siler doesn’t have any pep in his step today. Strange. He was the most active big last night.”

sekousmith01 “Korolev with a 3. And Teague with another strong drive and the foul. White team is complaining that he’s pushing off. Not really.”

sekousmith01 “Randolph with the finish.”

hawksPRman “The current JT (Jeff Teague) reminds me a lot of 1 of our other JT’s (Jason Terry), but one difference is that Teague is a true point guard.”

sekousmith01 “Christmas with a 3 on a sweet feed from Teague.”

sekousmith01 “Lucas with a big 3 over Teague to cut Blue’s lead to 10 (62-52).”

sekousmith01 “Homicide with the crazy drive and finish. Streetball works!”

sekousmith01 “Teague with the drive, finish and foul. Nails the FT!”

sekousmith01 “Korolev knocks down another 3! He looks much better in a scrimmage than in drills.”

atlanta_hawks “Yaroslav Korolev is a guy who looks much better in a game than he does in drills. He has continued his hot shooting today”

sekousmith01 “Blue wins 65-54. But Woody told ‘em to shoot FTs and get water before going one extra period.”

sekousmith01 “Siler has been working out for months and playing non-stop for a couple weeks. Looks like the grind might have caught up to him.”

sekousmith01 “Another 20 on the clock. Here we go again.”

atlanta_hawks “Second 20-minute scrimmage comes to an end, 65-54 Teague. Looks like Woody’s going to have them go one more 20″

sekousmith01 “Chris Ellis with the donkey kong jam!”

atlanta_hawks “Oooh! Chris Eliis starts the third scrimmage off with a filthy dunk inside.”

sekousmith01 “Ellis with a baby hook. Big fella is starting to heat up.”

sekousmith01 “Akyol with the finish on the break from Gaines.”

sekousmith01 “Ellis with a lefty hook. Goodness!”

sekousmith01 “Gaines goes coast to coast. White team is on fire. 68-69.”

sekousmith01 “Akyol with a 3!”

sekousmith01 “Hamilton goes high for a block on Harris.”

sekousmith01 “Hunter with a nice spot up jumper. Blue starters come back and immediately regain the lead.”

atlanta_hawks “Othello Hunter said yesterday he’s been working on his jumper all summer - the work is paying off today so far”

sekousmith01 “Korolev with another huge 3!”

sekousmith01 “Randmo with a tip. Siler answers with a dunk on the other end.”

atlanta_hawks “Randolph Morris has been relatively quiet today, but just tossed in an offensive rebound and a turnaround J.”

sekousmith01 “Siler with a great finish on offense and a huge block on Teague. Maybe he’s not as winded as he looked earlier.”

sekousmith01 “Siler has his second wind, finishes with a nice up and under layup.”

sekousmith01 “Homicide with the spot up 3.”

atlanta_hawks “2 minutes left, and Teagues are down 5. Can they pull off the comeback?”

atlanta_hawks “Homicide! Nice drive and-1 opportunity”

sekousmith01 “Teague with a great feed to Hunter for a layup. Blue down 3.”

atlanta_hawks “Teague back the other way draws the defense then leaves it for Hunter for the lay-in. Down to three 93-90″

atlanta_hawks “Homicide misses on one end, and Randolph scores on the other to cut it to 1″

sekousmith01 “RandMo hits a jumper to make it 93-92. Korolev hita a layup to make it 3 again. Scramble on the other end Teague finds Hunter for dunk.95-94″

atlanta_hawks “Heating up in here! Korolev lay-in puts his team up 3, then after a scramble for a loose ball on the other end Teague finds Big O for 2.”

atlanta_hawks “95-94, 22 ticks left. John Lucas III at the line”

atlanta_hawks “Hits em both. Christmas misses a 3 and Randolph is forced to foul. Chris Ellis heading to the line”

sekousmith01 “Christmas misses a 3 that could have tied it. Ellis drains second of two FTs for a 98-94 lead for the White team”

atlanta_hawks “Ellis makes 1-2, gives his team a 98-94 lead with 8 secs left. Could be over…”

sekousmith01 “8 seconds left. RandMo putback cuts it to 2. Game over. White wins”

atlanta_hawks “Randolph scores on a tip-in but it’s too late, the Teagues fall 98-96″

hawksPRman “Hawks guard Jeff Teague will speak with the 2 Live Stews today at 1:45 pm on Atlanta’s WQXI 790the Zone.”

• Like 1

Korolev does sound intriguing. He's the perfect example of not being brought along propperly and was unable to develop.

Who is Homicide?

Homicide is an AND 1 player Corey Williams, he's like a 6'3 220 lbs

Korolev was hot stuff when he was drafted, but the Clips might not have been a good fit.

The European Junior (U-18) Championships: The Small Forwards

August 23, 2005

One year ago Korolev disappointed in the European Junior Championship played in Zaragoza, looking extremely inconsistent. One year, several spectacular performances in watered down junior tournaments dominated by his team CSKA and a lottery selection later, many people were expecting a dominant showing in this year’s edition of the European tournament. But it didn’t happen, at least not with enough consistency to live up to the expectations created. Although had we not seen him last summer, or had he not declared for the draft, we probably would be celebrating his performance and potential.

For certain stretches we could see a superior player, a guy whose combination of athleticism, physical set and array of skills was unmatched by any player in Belgrade. But still, he rarely could find the proper rhythm to extend the dominance for longer periods, committing mistakes, particularly in the form of silly personal fouls, not being focused enough and looking even frustrated at times. Right now, his mental strength remains a question mark, not being clear at all how he will react playing at a higher level of competition.

We could start enumerating his wonderful abilities, but it would be redundant from what we have said in his scouting report. He showed them all in Belgrade. If anything, just to mention that he looked rather comfortable shooting mid-rangers off the dribble over his defenders, although perhaps he was less prolific regarding his playmaking skills, while his defense could have been a little bit more intense, even if he showed quick hands stealing the ball.

Amazing tools, amazing skills, amazing potential but sill doubts about his game. That’s the current status of Yaroslav Korolev. In a perfect world, a kid like him wouldn’t be thrown into the NBA so early. In the real world, money talks. Nevertheless, he looked like the best NBA prospect at the tournament with the only possible competition coming from Ante Tomic.

Good grief I am as winded as Siler just reading all of that. I wonder if Korolev might have a shot at making this team?

Thanks for the update!

Amen to that! hahaha. Sekou loves his twitter! It's all good though, never had this much info on the Hawks in July.

Afternoon Scrimmage is getting underway!!!!

LOOK OUT BELOW!!!!!!

atlanta_hawks “Afternoon scrimmage gets underway with a nice alley-oop from Teague to Hunter”

atlanta_hawks “Chris Ellis has had by far the best dunks of the camp so far.”

sekousmith01 “Chris Ellis donkey kongs another one to wake up this afternoon session. Players have better nrg than those of us watching.”

atlanta_hawks “Just as I said that I jinxed him as he stuffed himself on the rim…waitn he got it back. WHAP!”

sekousmith01 “Ellis with another nasty dunk after missing one seconds earlier.”

sekousmith01 “Huertas drains another 3. His shot from deep has been consistently on the money.”

sekousmith01 “Hunter’s jumper works just as good in the afternoon as it did in the morning.”

sekousmith01 “Teague with the drive and dish to Robinson for the finish and foul over Homicide. These guys would have been fun to watch in summer league.”

sekousmith01 “Barron with a nice block. Lucas with a pull up jumper and then another steal. Good stuff from mini-man.”

atlanta_hawks “John Lucas III making his presence felt, scores on the picknroll with time winding down in 1st half, then steals the inbounds for another 2″

sekousmith01 “Blue team has resorted hack-a-Ellis trying to slow big boy down.”

sekousmith01 “Zaza Pachulia was on the floor working out before mini-camp started. He wanted in. Ellis with a nice turnaround hook. He is the MVP so far.”

sekousmith01 “Ellis with a face up jumper over Taggart. He cannot be stopped right now.”

sekousmith01 “Akyol with a nice 3 from the edge of the floor, stumbles over Woodson after he made the shot.”

sekousmith01 “Korolev with a strong finish in traffic over RandMo and Robinson.”

sekousmith01 “RandMo with a jumper over Siler.”

sekousmith01 “Teague with a great drop off to Hunter. He’s a much better passer than he gets credit for.”

sekousmith01 “Siler working hard unerneath. Grabs offensive rebound, scores on putback. Fouled and makes the FT.”

hawksPRman “Jeff Teague’s interview w/the 2 Live Stews didn’t mess him up…HA! As Clyde Frazier would say, “he’s still moving & grooving out there”!”

sekousmith01 “Teague with a smooth steal on Lucas under the bucket. But White team is giving them fits right now.”

atlanta_hawks “Coming down to the wire again. 62-62 with 1:30 left”

atlanta_hawks “Wow - Lucas with a vet move, he lulls Teague to sleep then blows past him for and-1.”

sekousmith01 “Lucas with a nice blow by and layup over Teague.”

atlanta_hawks “Teague to the line with a chance to ice it, up 66-64 with 4 ticks left. Hits ‘em both.”

atlanta_hawks “A Lucas 3 at the buzzer cuts it to 68-67, and the White team gets a repreive as Woody calls for 15 more minutes of scrimmage

Ariose

July 22nd, 2009

5:21 pm

FEED THE NEEED!!!!! THE TWITTER FEED, THAT IS!!!!!!

sekousmith01 “Woody is calling for 15 more good minutes. He’s prodding both teams into playing at a fever pitch.”

sekousmith01 “Chris Ellis with another dunk and a scream for good measure.”

atlanta_hawks “Is it wrong that I’m cheering for Sundiata Gaines and Ivan Harris cause their both balding?”

hawksPRman “Chris Ellis is starting to turn it loose…yelling after an emphatic dunk!”

sekousmith01 “Chris Ellis is clearly a night practice guy. He’s still on fire. Baseline jumper is good.”

sekousmith01 “Siler does whatever he wants inside. He doesn’t always finish but he owns that real estate.”

atlanta_hawks “Garrett Siler has a funky FT-shooting motion, but he’s been making em more than he misses em”

hawksPRman “Zaza Pachulia just walked in, maybe he would like to give Randolph Morris a rest…”

sekousmith01 “RandMo with a clutch block of Siler. Both teams look a bit gassed. Teague with a floater and Zaza is out here with Woody.”

atlanta_hawks “Still a close game - Randy hits a baseline J to put the blue team up 85-84 with 1:17 left”

atlanta_hawks “Homicide puts White up 1 with 2 FTs, Teague responds with a pair of his ownm 87-86 Blue”

sekousmith01 “Blue up 87-86 after two Teague FTs.”

atlanta_hawks “Teague with a shotclock beater, Ellis responds with a J on the other end. 7.6 secs left, Blue with ball and an 89-88 lead”

sekousmith01 “Blue up 89-88, Teague drains a floater to beat the shot clock buzzer and Ellis answers with a jumper to make it a one point game, 7.6 left.”

atlanta_hawks “It’ll be Othello Hunter at the line. First one rattles in. Second does the same. 91-88 with 6.3 on the clock”

sekousmith01 “Frank Robinson just earled into a trash can during the timeout and went back in. Dude’s a gamer! Two FTs from Hunter make it 91-88.”

sekousmith01 “Lucas misses a 3 at the buzzer that would have tied the game. Time to get outta here. Ellis did work. Teague did as well. I need a nap.”

I can stomach Twitter in this type of thread.

Some of those twitter threads started about Childress though were just plain dumb.

I like this one because it's a perfect venue to basically give a play by play of the scrimmages to those of us who aren't able to see them.

I want Siler, Homicide (if no Flip), and Hunter (if no Solo) to fill out our roster.

Siler - with the right development and consistent discipline could become as good as a 17/11 starter or a 11/6 backup who will clog up the paint defensively and provide a strong low post threat...

Homicide - appears to have natural offensive ability ala Flip Murray that can be unstoppable once he adjust to the pro level / if we're not going to hang on to Flip, I say let's let this compete for scrap minutes and maybe play some D-league while we keep a close eye on him...

Hunter - is a very hard working hustle big that can always be used but can Woody wise up and use guys like him in spot minutes? Few people around the mini camp are singing praises about work Hunter has put in and the improvement he's made this offseason (including a consistent jumper)...

I'n loving what I'm hearing about Teague's passing. SOUNDS GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Out of all these guys I'm the most interested in Korolev and Siler.

i'd have to agree on that. othello, too. seems korolev could have some skills if he could just get over some mental issues and just let the game come to him. siler seems like he would be a good beast to have on the bench someday, playing 10-15 hard minutes a game. i don't think he'll ever be a starter, but you don't find too many brick walls playing basketball, and the hawks definately could use more size. he just seems like you could put him out there and let him do his job and not worry too much about how bad he will f*** up a game. othello and the hawks are already familiar with each other well enough, and it sounds as if he's considerably stepping up his game, which is an honorable attribute considering if he even makes the team, he'll just be a dnp-cd for 80% of the games.

homi's story is nice, but i don't see any way he makes this team. he's a 6'2" point (granted, a strong 6'2) and we are already pretty set in the backcourt, plus dude is already 32 years old. he hasn't played one regular season game in the nba, and 32 is not the age when you start to get vastly better. i watched that youtube of him, and was fairly unimpressed. those are his highlights, and i don't think i saw where he ever got more than 12" off the ground--seriously (okay, MAYBE 14', tops).

any of the players picked up here would be the 13, 14, and 15th players on the depth chart. more than likely the best thing for them would be to spend a good deal of time in the nbdl until players get injured to stay in game shape.

does anyone know if randolph morris' contract this year is guarenteed? one site i looked at said it wasn't (hoopsworld i think), but i haven't seen it mentioned on any other site i looked up. i think siler could be the biggest thing to get randmo off his lazy *ss and work on his game. he's in the last year of his contract and if there's this kid from augusta state pushing him around, he'd better step up or lose his place in the league.

does anyone know if randolph morris' contract this year is guarenteed? one site i looked at said it wasn't (hoopsworld i think), but i haven't seen it mentioned on any other site i looked up. i think siler could be the biggest thing to get randmo off his lazy *ss and work on his game. he's in the last year of his contract and if there's this kid from augusta state pushing him around, he'd better step up or lose his place in the league.

Sham shows it as guranteed: http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/hawks.jsp

His site is usually pretty accurate, but I suppose he could be wrong about someone as random as Randolph Morris.