• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thoughts on filling out the roster?

PDubATL

So currently we have 10 players on our roster: 2 PGs (Bibby, Teague), 1 PG/SG (Crawford), an all-star SG (JJ), 2 SFs (Marvin & Mo, although Mo at 6'5" is a little undersized for SF), 1 PF (Smoove), 1 PF/C (Horford), and 2 backup Cs (Zaza and Morris).

Most of these players have been mentioned elsewhere. I'd like to see the following needs filled, with my preferences in bold:

- 1 additional guard (Rio or John Lucas III - no preference here, but they have very different skillsets)

- 1 additional SF (Rodney Carney, Gerald Green, Yaroslav Korolev)

- 1 additional PF (Othello Hunter, assuming Joe Smith goes back to CLE)

- 1 bruiser C (Garret Siler)

We can leave that 15th spot open to save some money or if we need to pick someone up later into the season.

So currently we have 10 players on our roster: 2 PGs (Bibby, Teague), 1 PG/SG (Crawford), an all-star SG (JJ), 2 SFs (Marvin & Mo, although Mo at 6'5" is a little undersized for SF), 1 PF (Smoove), 1 PF/C (Horford), and 2 backup Cs (Zaza and Morris).

Most of these players have been mentioned elsewhere. I'd like to see the following needs filled, with my preferences in bold:

- 1 additional guard (Rio or John Lucas III - no preference here, but they have very different skillsets)

We can leave that 15th spot open to save some money or if we need to pick someone up later into the season.

- 1 additional guard (Von Wafer, Brevin Knight, Luther Head, Juan Dixon, Mario West)

- 1 additional SF (Ime Udoka, Bruce Bowen (if bought out), Gerald Green, Rodney Carney, Sun Yue)

- 1 additional PF (Joe Smith, Pops Mensah-Bonsu, Leon Powe, Brian Skinner, James Singleton, Michael Ruffin, Shelden Williams)

- 1 bruiser C (Garret Siler, Jason Collins, Mikki Moore, Melvin Ely)

Edited by GameTime

More than a position, I think we need one more veteran for this team that will get minutes. But at the same time we want to maximize him by finding a spot to give him minutes. That means we are probably looking at a backup PF. And their are many of them available: David Lee, Mensah Bonsu, Leon Powe, Jarron Collins, Al Harrington, Sheldon Williams, etc. This is in addition to the aforementioned Joe Smith. I have to believe that we can get one.

Obviously alot of people like Siler, so he is probably a definite. After that, we can can fill our roster with our best talent from camp. And we will definitely leave that 15th spot open...Woody just does not have a deep rotation, so there is not need for it.

• Premium Member

Not bad. I would still like to see experience in our frontcourt. That's why McDyess and Smith were such logical choices. Who knows, Maybe Ronny Sikley will make a comback?

Joe Smith, Flip, Gerald Green or Jerry Stackhouse, Ben Wallace or Siler would be my ideal

I never thought about Gerald Green but he would be a nice addition to the team, and of course I would like Joe Smith and Siler.

• Premium Member

We have 3 guys who will spend some time at PG (Bibby, Crawford, and Teague).

We have 4 guys who will get regular time at one of the two wings, regardless of whether you say they're a 2 or a 3 (Johnson, Williams*, Crawford, and Evans).

We have 3 guys who will get regular time at one of the two low post positions (Smith, Horford, Pachulia), plus 1 who won't and for all I know, could even still get cut (Morris).

To a free agent looking at us and thinking about playing time, there's really only one spot that's going to hold any attraction, and that's the 4th low-post guy. While CLE is trying to compete, word is that they've pretty much exhausted their MLE at this point, so it seems we are in a good place to land Joe Smith.

Beyond that, I don't look for us to be able to attract any of the remaining FAs who have come to expect playing time. (I'd love to be surprised that Ben Wallace would like to play close to his native Alabama and for his old coach from DET, and would be content with whatever minutes Woody would find for him... but that's just not realistic.)

Therefore, of the remaining four slots, I would expect these three additions before opening night, leaving one open slot in case someone unexpected falls through the cracks and into our lap:

- Mario West

- Othello Hunter

- Garret Siler

*knock on wood