• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best Available Player (FA)

Swatguy

Knowing we need a big and who knows us (big or not), I say Big Baby.

We should sign Big Baby and roll with it. He came along last season and played like a first rounder. In fact, he outplayed Al those last two games between the Hawks and Boston. Al could not handle him at all.

Come to think of it, Al played better as a rookie.

I say sign Big Baby and Flip.

Knowing we need a big and who knows us (big or not), I say Big Baby.

We should sign Big Baby and roll with it. He came along last season and played like a first rounder. In fact, he outplayed Al those last two games between the Hawks and Boston. Al could not handle him at all.

Come to think of it, Al played better as a rookie.

I say sign Big Baby and Flip.

Certainly Big Baby would be an option and a nice fit potentially for the Hawks, however would Davis be looking for a team where he'd get more PT like Wilcox was?

I honestly see no fit for Murray on the Hawks as his PT would be severely limited.

Mark him off the list.

Back to what I said - Sund better get his tail in gear. Siler isn't the answer. We need a skilled Big man that can play the 4.

At this point Sund may have to look at trading Mo for a Sean Williams, Josh Boone or more likely a Kris Humphries and fill out the backup swingman spot with a minimum salary guy.

At this point Sund may have to look at trading Mo for a Sean Williams, Josh Boone or more likely a Kris Humphries and fill out the backup swingman spot with a minimum salary guy.

Getting a backup swingman would be easier and in fact there might have been a candidate or two in mini camp? With the kind of minutes that is going to be given to them the guys you mentionsed might be realistic.

I say we just snag Powe right now and wait until he does get healthy. If Powe doesn't sign with a team this offseason, we all know that when it comes near the time when he''ll be in full health, a lot of teams(especially contending ones) will try to sign him. Atlanta's chances on getting Powe when a lot of teams will be looking at him is slim.

I really think Powe will come back from his injury and actually contribute the same way he did in Boston. Whoever gets Powe will get a steal in my opinion. Powe was probably the only Celtic I like this past two years.

I say we just snag Powe right now and wait until he does get healthy. If Powe doesn't sign with a team this offseason, we all know that when it comes near the time when he''ll be in full health, a lot of teams(especially contending ones) will try to sign him. Atlanta's chances on getting Powe when a lot of teams will be looking at him is slim.

I really think Powe will come back from his injury and actually contribute the same way he did in Boston. Whoever gets Powe will get a steal in my opinion. Powe was probably the only Celtic I like this past two years.

The only problem with that thinking is that he would only be worthwhile to a team with capable depth already where they can afford to wait for him. We have very litle depth so far and are in need of a player coming in and being able to contribute right away. In the dire situation where one of our frontcourt players go down early in the season we would need to sign another replacement(s) and Powe would already be eating up a roster spot.

The only problem with that thinking is that he would only be worthwhile to a team with capable depth already where they can afford to wait for him. We have very litle depth so far and are in need of a player coming in and being able to contribute right away. In the dire situation where one of our frontcourt players go down early in the season we would need to sign another replacement(s) and Powe would already be eating up a roster spot.

*Hopefully I don't jinx him* but if Al Horford does get injured, Sund isn't gonna go sign another big man. He'll just rely on Woody to play the guys we have rotting on the bench whether it be Randolph, Othello (if brought back), or Siler(if signed). Powe being just a fill in for the roster until he recovers is fine with me. It's potentially a low risk high reward deal.

*Hopefully I don't jinx him* but if Al Horford does get injured, Sund isn't gonna go sign another big man. He'll just rely on Woody to play the guys we have rotting on the bench whether it be Randolph, Othello (if brought back), or Siler(if signed). Powe being just a fill in for the roster until he recovers is fine with me. It's potentially a low risk high reward deal.

Well at that point Powe will be useless because we sure wont be making the playoffs with 3 guys who shouldn't even be in the NBA playing heavy minutes as our only capable backups. I mean as bad as Solo was all three of those guys are worse and we'll fall back into the one part we were trying to avoid which is overplay our starters.

Well at that point Powe will be useless because we sure wont be making the playoffs with 3 guys who shouldn't even be in the NBA playing heavy minutes as our only capable backups. I mean as bad as Solo was all three of those guys are worse and we'll fall back into the one part we were trying to avoid which is overplay our starters.

They won't play heavy minutes if Horford isn't injured. Boston's frontcourt was still solid even when KG and Powe went down. We also survived last year when Josh Smith and Al Horford went out. Solo was a good prospect, but it's not like he was so much better than Othello who seems to have improved a lot this offseason. If you don't look at it in a worst case scenario, I don't see any reason why Powe would be a bad signing.

I think Powe would be a nice signing but I do agree with Crawful about needing someone to play immediately. I seriously doubt that Big Baby comes here but I just hope we hurry up and get something done. If we don't get it done before the season starts hopefully we can make a trade with someone like Mo and get a decent backup big.

They won't play heavy minutes if Horford isn't injured. Boston's frontcourt was still solid even when KG and Powe went down. We also survived last year when Josh Smith and Al Horford went out. Solo was a good prospect, but it's not like he was so much better than Othello who seems to have improved a lot this offseason. If you don't look at it in a worst case scenario, I don't see any reason why Powe would be a bad signing.

The whole purpose of finding capable backups is so our starters don't have to play so many minutes anymore and thus avoid injuries and the sporadic play that we've been known for. Going into the next season with the same idea of just playing everyone 40 minutes a night is going to lead to the same problems that a team tries to avoid when they have any hope of improving. You are are suggesting that we just hope we "survive" another season without making any improvements and when most the team is burnt out from playing the long season, hope a guy who missed the whole year comes back from his knee injury for the playoffs without any rust and contributes tremendously.....just doesn't seem likely, we need depth now not later.