• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All-Star Games

jy23

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just wondered if everyone felt the same way I did about these pointless all star games!

Basketball's is the best no doubt. It's not really interesting when Football players aren't trying to kill each other in a game, but I can still enjoy watching Basketball players goof off and dunk. Shaq shooting a 3 pointer is always entertaining.

I think basketball has the best all-star weekends, because they have a lot of events that include: the T-Mobile Rookie Challenge & Youth Jam, Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout, PlayStation Skills Challenge, Haier Shooting Stars, McDonald's NBA All-Star Celebrity Game, NBA All-Star Jam Session, and the NBA All-Star Game. That's a lot of different things to watch.

I totally agree that basketball has the best weekend by far!!!!!!! I think the pro bowl is just totally pointless and the baseball all star weekend may be the most overrated thing in sports. The homerun derby is beyond boring and the all star game means WAY to much to be an all star game. Does anyone even know when the nhl has their all star game? lol

They all blow !

NBA has the best festivities but the game itself sucks and means nothing.

The NFL's Pro Bowl is a joke............the season is already over when they do it and most of the guys have put on 20 extra pounds.

Even though MLB is my 3rd favorite sport, (behind both football and basketball), their All Star Game actually means something.

So I had to vote baseball b/c of that reason.

They all blow !

NBA has the best festivities but the game itself sucks and means nothing.

The NFL's Pro Bowl is a joke............the season is already over when they do it and most of the guys have put on 20 extra pounds.

Even though MLB is my 3rd favorite sport, (behind both football and basketball), their All Star Game actually means something.

So I had to vote baseball b/c of that reason.

ok, lets just say that the hawks make it to the finals but the east lost the all star game, we're playing a team that had a record that was worse than ours and we go to a game 7. The other team has homecourt because of a freaking all star game, would you still like the all star game because it means something? Or what if that crap happens with the braves this year? Their system sucks, you can't put something SO important on a freaking all star game!

ok, lets just say that the hawks make it to the finals but the east lost the all star game, we're playing a team that had a record that was worse than ours and we go to a game 7. The other team has homecourt because of a freaking all star game, would you still like the all star game because it means something? Or what if that crap happens with the braves this year? Their system sucks, you can't put something SO important on a freaking all star game!

I agree. I think giving any team a home field advantage in the finals of a sport because of an exhibition game is nuts. How about letting each team choose a charity, with the winner taking the majority...like 85% of the revenue generated during the all star weekend? Be meaningful, the players would play hard...makes more sense to me than dictating the Series...

• Moderators

It may suck and be totally unfair for the finals, but it still makes the All-Star game more interesting, IMO. The fact that something is on the line makes me more interested in the MLB All-Star game than I would be otherwise. The fact that it is unfair and that it is more entertaining are not mutually exclusive.

It may suck and be totally unfair for the finals, but it still makes the All-Star game more interesting, IMO. The fact that something is on the line makes me more interested in the MLB All-Star game than I would be otherwise. The fact that it is unfair and that it is more entertaining are not mutually exclusive.

I agree that it makes you more interested in the outcome but it still sucks, buckeye that sounds like a pretty decent idea!