• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

braves win. Charlie Manuel should be fired.

Plainview1981

How can you throw the awful Brad Lidge out there with a 7.33era in this type of game late in the season? You would hope a manager would have wised up by now that Lidge just don't got it.

Hotlanta 1981,

Do you usually see the glass as half full or half empty?...just curious.

I'm not a Phillies fan. It's just stupid to throw a pitcher out there with a 7+ era in that situation.

No, I understand that, however I'm just curious as to how you would react if the Hawks won the NBA finals this year...could we get a smile, cheer or anything out of you? What would it take?

Edited by Spud2Nique

How can you throw the awful Brad Lidge out there with a 7.33era in this type of game late in the season? You would hope a manager would have wised up by now that Lidge just don't got it.

lidge gets it, but only every other year. last year he was lights-out, nearly perfect in save opportunities. the year before, he was awful and got demoted/traded, but the year before that he was great, taking the closer's job from some other established closer on the astros. next year he'll be great again.

Im a die hard Phillies fan and I would love to know whom you suggest Charlie should throw out there in the 9th if not Lidge? Jamie Moyer? lol Unless Brett Myers comes back healthy soon ( which is a big if considering his last episode ) our only option is to hope Lidge comes around. Actually today it was the fielding that killed us in the 9th not really his pitching.

Yes!!! Bobby should be fired too! Soriano sucks too!!!!!

/sracasm off

Sorinao doesn't have an era of 7, does he?

Your cheap sarcasm failed. If a dude has an era of 7+ 2/3 of the way through the season, you might not want to put him into the game in critical games that could cost you the division down the line.

So the Braves won and you're not a Philly fan Hots?

Damn - if that's true you really can't think of anything nice to say.

I don't have a favorite baseball team.

Im a die hard Phillies fan and I would love to know whom you suggest Charlie should throw out there in the 9th if not Lidge? Jamie Moyer? lol Unless Brett Myers comes back healthy soon ( which is a big if considering his last episode ) our only option is to hope Lidge comes around. Actually today it was the fielding that killed us in the 9th not really his pitching.

The cameraman.... A guy in the front row..... The hotdog guy? Moe or larry?

Leaving Madison out there one more inning is better than throwing Lidge out there with the way he has pitched this year.

I know there was an error... But just the idea of keeping putting Lidge out there is retarded. If they blow the division (And they just might do that) games like last night is a game to look back on. I mean, I understand players struggle, but from what I can see he has struggled the whole year.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I think the Phillies should not have a closer with a high era pitching in the 9th inning, but as long as the Braves win, I really don't care who the Phillies throw out there.

Sorinao doesn't have an era of 7, does he?

Your cheap sarcasm failed. If a dude has an era of 7+ 2/3 of the way through the season, you might not want to put him into the game in critical games that could cost you the division down the line.

Well let's see. Soriano has blown three saves in about 3 weeks. Even though up until yesterday he finally said his shoulder is bother him. And Lidge saved the game on Friday and was succesful so why not put him in on staurday?

Well let's see. Soriano has blown three saves in about 3 weeks. Even though up until yesterday he finally said his shoulder is bother him. And Lidge saved the game on Friday and was succesful so why not put him in on staurday?

He was successful but looked shaky like usual. There is a difference between struggling a bit and struggling for 2/3 of a season.