• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Fantasy Football question for keepers leagues

coachx

Its funny...........I beat a guy with Drew Breese and Peterson on his roster last year. (The top RB and QB in all of fantasy football.) He is currently whining about who to keep. It sounds like he has a good problem in his hands.

I am currently in a 12 team "keeper league." I won it all last year without anyone who is expected to be a top 12 pick in this years draft.

The way this keeper league works is that you get to keep 1 player off your roster as well as any players you draft as rookies forever. I picked Matt Ryan, Steve Slaton, and Kevin Smith as rookies last year who will stay on this year's roster.

Then I get to keep one player who I drafted last year who was not a rookie: My big name guys were B. Westbrook, M. Lynch, R. Brown (Dolphins), B. Farve, and A. Boldin.

I know that is not a superstar roster but I was able to field a team each week that won due to matchups. My question is which of these players would you keep if you were only allowed to keep 1 of them ?

Since I have 2 rookie RBs returning (Slaton, Smith) , and since Lynch has a 3 game suspension, Westbrook is alwayse hurt, and Brown is inconsistent...............my thinking was Boldin should be my keeper even if it trumphs "conventional fantasy football wisdom to go RB early and often."

Who would you if you were in this situation ?

Edited by coachx

Isn't Boldin playing for a contract? And wasn't he whining about a contract during last year's playoffs? If dude wants his money, then he needs to show and prove... I would go with the ultra-motivated player, especially if the Cardinals improve their running game (which will make play-action plays more effective).

• Moderators

With that setup, I would also go with Boldin. Nice work last year! I always enjoy fantasy football but the one issue I have with it is the randomness of the head to head playoffs. It seems like my team in my money league dominates the regular season every year and then hits one week where no one scores a TD and I get beat in the playoffs. Of course, if I was coming into the playoffs in 5th place instead of as the top scoring team in the league then I would probably enjoy that scenario a lot better. (The good news is that there are payouts for both the regular and playoff schedules).