• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

They Shoot Horses, Don't They?

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

NO glue-making, at least for now, as this whacko was arrested early this morning. Zoning-reg grievances and related grandstanding always "bring out the best" in people, but I just found this dude's story to be over-the-top...

News Link

LOCHBUIE, Colo. - Trenton Parker is looking for individuals willing to help gun down 24 horses on his property.

(Flier: "PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT: Public Execution of 24 Registered Horses to Protest Weld County Zoning Codes")

The Weld County Sheriff’s Office says Parker, 64, is distributing fliers seeking executioners because he is upset that he faces a 90-day jail sentence for contempt of court for failing to clean up his property.

Parker was first ordered to remove converted mobile homes, which violate county zoning codes, from his property on Dec. 31, 2007.

On the flier, Parker says he’s looking for riflemen to publicly execute 24 registered horses as a way to protest the zoning codes. He says the shootings will happen at high noon on Sept. 5.

“I’ve never seen anything like this before in my experience in law enforcement,” Shane Scofield with the Weld County Sheriff’s Office said.

According to an incident report, Parker said, ”It would be done in public, he would kill one every day for a week on the front steps of the court house, at (nearby Colorado State University) and other public places.

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-horse-executions-082609,0,2156880.story

Weld County Sheriff's investigators might have written the fliers off as a prank. Except that Parker called the county zoning office in July threatening to do the same thing.

"We're going to shoot the mares in the belly four or five times with a bow and arrow," the recorded phone call said. "Then we're going to take a sledge hammer because the mare will probably be on the ground and we're going to bash her brains out."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/20561214/detail.html

"The first horse that we're gonna kill is a beautiful gray stallion by the name of Independence,” Parker told the Greeley Tribune on Tuesday. "When we shoot him with one shot, make no mistake about it, it will be the first shot of the second American Revolution. You think I'm kidding? You just sit by and watch what happens."

~lw3

Wierd stuff fo' sure !

I got some buddies in in Colorodo near Denver and Pike's Peak. I got to call them tonight to get the local's scoop.

It sounds like its out of a Tarantino movie.

My wife is actually working on a similar case to this...........some crazy dude who is breaking county ordinances and is terrorizing the citizens who turned him in. (No horse shooting though !)

There are kinds of wierd and crazy things being prosecuted that never make it to the papers.

Edited by coachx