• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Our DBs

jy23

I'm going to the game 2ma so hopefully I can get a better look at where that unit is. We really don't get to see how they perform on tv so now we can actually get a look at how they cover. I know that will be pretty much the only thing I"ll be watching at the game.

Please give us an update after the game.

You can never see the secondary pass coverage on TV b/c the camera zooms in on the ball. I gave my pre-season tickets away but look foward to a report from a person at the game who can actaully see the secondary.

Edited by coachx

Please give us an update after the game.

You can never see the secondary pass coverage on TV b/c the camera zooms in on the ball. I gave my pre-season tickets away but look foward to a report from a person at the game who can actaully see the secondary.

Exactly, i know I haven't really been able to judge this group because you can't really see what they're doing on tv but I'll definately come back with an update.

I think he'll only be average. He's a good athlete, but doesn't have good instincts. He follows the receiver too much, and doesn't have the recognition to turn around and make a play on the ball. Plus he's on the short side, and gets abused by bigger receivers a la Brent Grimes.

I think he'll only be average. He's a good athlete, but doesn't have good instincts. He follows the receiver too much, and doesn't have the recognition to turn around and make a play on the ball. Plus he's on the short side, and gets abused by bigger receivers a la Brent Grimes.

I agree

well........grimes looked pretty helpless out there against jackson (jackson is a pretty physical reciever but it still looked bad) I mean REAL BAD!!! Houston didn't look much better. The front 7 did a good job but our dbs kept allowing major gains, I mean everytime we had them at 3 and long they would complete a big pass. They looked pretty good covering the run, especially coleman, sproiles has alot of movement in his running and i liked the way we stayed with him. It really doesn't look like our secondary is going to be able to keep up with teams that have even a decent receivng core. Looks like they might hold back our d, which besides them looks pretty good. Lofton looks more than ready to be the leader of this defense, he was all over the field. We didn't get enough pressure (in my opinion), we sacked him once but i would have loved to see us get him a couple more times (is it just me or can you not help but HATE Rivers!) Offense looked good of course so I'm not really worried about them its our secondary that troubles me, hopefully they can get it together.

Yeah i saw that as well, looks pretty quick. being at the game just really let me see what our dbs look like and I'm really REALLY not liking what i see. I had such high hopes going into the season and maybe we can still do some damage but we really need some help back there, ASAP!!!!!!!

Every team in the league will have the tape on that game and the ones with a passing game will be licking their chops.

The AJC said we played a 3-3-5 a couple times. What is that?

3 linemen (2 DEs and a T), 3 LBs, and 5 DBs.

3 linemen (2 DEs and a T), 3 LBs, and 5 DBs.

I think it's called a quarter.