• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Lobby for a Championship/Leverage Now!

sillent

Our Atlanta Hawks are as fine tuned as I seen in years and I been with the Hawks since Dominique days. I've seen the promises of Priest Lauderdale, Willie Burton's, Ed Gray's. I was there for the Mookie Blaylock,Steve Smith,Christian Laetner(forgot spelling),Al Henderson, Dikembe Mutombo, Chris Crawford, Tyron Corbin, Stacy Augmon days. I was there for the Jr. Rider, Jim Jackson and company days. I was there for the Jason Terry, Stephen Jackson, Glenn Robinson, Shareef Abdul Rahim, Theo Ratliff days. The Toni Kukok's, Bob Sura's, Joel Prizbilla's. The Al Harrington/Antione Walker, Tony Delks and so on.

Maybe a Smith or 2 and a Al is exactly what we need to win a title with the right help. This is the most exciting and young Hawks team I have seen since my tenure and they truly have the ability to get over the top. They can have the best off season in history (if not already)with 2 more quiet but impacting moves. Basketball is a game f skills and athletics. We already punish teams most nights with our athleticism and our skills are progressing steady as the years past. Add another young athletic sg/sf and you become that much more deadlier(Gerald Green).At worst he does not learn how to be as disciplined as his 23 year old peers and becomes more of a rental or trade commodity. At best he could be pushing Joe Johnson to the bench/trade block to have a more reserve role as age becomes a factor (He could also challenge Marvin's spot). Even if he was a horrible locker room guy it would not have a big enough effect on the locker room because he is not yet a vital piece.

Gerald Green

Same goes for Stromile Swift. Josh and Al could be much more productive if they had another shot blocker on the floor with them and that would benefit Joe Smith and Zaza As well. On offense they would also be a good fit While Joe,Zaza,Al,Josh are settling for the jump shot Stromile can still be an inside rebounding presence. If Josh Smith/Al Horford had to guard a Rasheed Wallace, Dirk Nowitski, Charlie Villanueva, Rashard Lewis or someone with their height/skills they would feel more comfortable playing good man to man defense knowing they had someone to watch their backs and defend the post. Alot of people talk about Josh's man defense but he has not had a Dikembe Mutombo or a Theo Ratliff to have his back.

Stromile Swift

Our Atlanta Hawks are as fine tuned as I seen in years and I been with the Hawks since Dominique days. I've seen the promises of Priest Lauderdale, Willie Burton's, Ed Gray's. I was there for the Mookie Blaylock,Steve Smith,Christian Laetner(forgot spelling),Al Henderson, Dikembe Mutombo, Chris Crawford, Tyron Corbin, Stacy Augmon days. I was there for the Jr. Rider, Jim Jackson and company days. I was there for the Jason Terry, Stephen Jackson, Glenn Robinson, Shareef Abdul Rahim, Theo Ratliff days. The Toni Kukok's, Bob Sura's, Joel Prizbilla's. The Al Harrington/Antione Walker, Tony Delks and so on.

Maybe a Smith or 2 and a Al is exactly what we need to win a title with the right help. This is the most exciting and young Hawks team I have seen since my tenure and they truly have the ability to get over the top. They can have the best off season in history (if not already)with 2 more quiet but impacting moves. Basketball is a game f skills and athletics. We already punish teams most nights with our athleticism and our skills are progressing steady as the years past. Add another young athletic sg/sf and you become that much more deadlier(Gerald Green).At worst he does not learn how to be as disciplined as his 23 year old peers and becomes more of a rental or trade commodity. At best he could be pushing Joe Johnson to the bench/trade block to have a more reserve role as age becomes a factor (He could also challenge Marvin's spot). Even if he was a horrible locker room guy it would not have a big enough effect on the locker room because he is not yet a vital piece.

Gerald Green

Same goes for Stromile Swift. Josh and Al could be much more productive if they had another shot blocker on the floor with them and that would benefit Joe Smith and Zaza As well. On offense they would also be a good fit While Joe,Zaza,Al,Josh are settling for the jump shot Stromile can still be an inside rebounding presence. If Josh Smith/Al Horford had to guard a Rasheed Wallace, Dirk Nowitski, Charlie Villanueva, Rashard Lewis or someone with their height/skills they would feel more comfortable playing good man to man defense knowing they had someone to watch their backs and defend the post. Alot of people talk about Josh's man defense but he has not had a Dikembe Mutombo or a Theo Ratliff to have his back.

Stromile Swift

We've all said that Green would be a welcomed addition here before but Swift is so useless that I'm just gonna stop talking about him right..................................................................................................................................

Ok back to Green, he's not going to challenge ANYONE for pt. He scores and thats about it, he really doesn't do that that well but he would be good coming off the bench. To say that he would challenge marvin for ANYTHING is ust plain crazy :nono: I mean anyone can look good on a highlite tape but he doesn't bring a whole lot to a team besides athleticism which we already have plenty of. But like i said he would be welcome as a role player

• Like 1

We've all said that Green would be a welcomed addition here before but Swift is so useless that I'm just gonna stop talking about him right..................................................................................................................................

Ok back to Green, he's not going to challenge ANYONE for pt. He scores and thats about it, he really doesn't do that that well but he would be good coming off the bench. To say that he would challenge marvin for ANYTHING is ust plain crazy :nono: I mean anyone can look good on a highlite tape but he doesn't bring a whole lot to a team besides athleticism which we already have plenty of. But like i said he would be welcome as a role player

I meant challenging JJ/Marvin after developing with the team/system. Of course he would be on the bench for now and so would Stromile but if certain injuries were to occur or JJ decides to go test the waters else where, we would have insurance. Example Bucks Ray Allen having a guy come off the bench for him by the name of Michael Redd. When Ray Allen left there was no major drop off talent wise.

I meant challenging JJ/Marvin after developing with the team/system. Of course he would be on the bench for now and so would Stromile but if certain injuries were to occur or JJ decides to go test the waters else where, we would have insurance. Example Bucks Ray Allen having a guy come off the bench for him by the name of Michael Redd. When Ray Allen left there was no major drop off talent wise.

That's a bad example. The Bucks drafted Redd in the 2nd round after a great career at The Ohio State and due to him actually showing adequate talent and skill by his 2nd season as a key bench player that was part of the reason why they traded Ray Allen because it was hard to have two 6'5" shooting guards sharing the court at the same time and he was cheaper. Gerald Green has been on what 4 teams now? And he hasn't challenged lesser talent than we have on our roster despite being in the league for 4 years already. Stromile.................well we will leave it at that but expecting these guys to be better than bottom of the barrel role players is a little far fetched. Green could maybe have a Jamario Moon type career if he can just get that athleticism to translate to his defense but as far as him being a replacement for Joe or challenging Marvin........ it's just not going to happen no matter how long he spends in our system.

• Like 1

That's a bad example. The Bucks drafted Redd in the 2nd round after a great career at The Ohio State and due to him actually showing adequate talent and skill by his 2nd season as a key bench player that was part of the reason why they traded Ray Allen because it was hard to have two 6'5" shooting guards sharing the court at the same time and he was cheaper. Gerald Green has been on what 4 teams now? And he hasn't challenged lesser talent than we have on our roster despite being in the league for 4 years already. Stromile.................well we will leave it at that but expecting these guys to be better than bottom of the barrel role players is a little far fetched. Green could maybe have a Jamario Moon type career if he can just get that athleticism to translate to his defense but as far as him being a replacement for Joe or challenging Marvin........ it's just not going to happen no matter how long he spends in our system.

How long was Tracy McGrady in the league before he really took off in Orlando. What about Jermaine Oneal after going to the Pacers from staying on the bench for the blazers. What about Kevin Garnett and Kobe Bryant who have been with the same team for most of their careers. Point is players coming straight out of high school (with Lebron being one of the lone exceptions) take time to develop. If teams do not allow you the chance to develop you may take a little more time but the lucky teams that pick you up when you are ready to blossom (Orlando/McGrady ,Indiana/Oneal) get rewarded. We see the potential in a current high school draftee of our own in Josh Smith and we also understand he has a long way to go to reach his greatest potential. Potential is the key word and Gerald Green at 23 still has plenty of it and might vibe with peers his age that are excelling (Al Horford, Marvin Williams, Josh Smith who is a former slam dunk champ him self trying to prove he is a baller and not just an athlete). Maybe I'm a little too optimistic about Gerald Green being able to excel being around peers his age and that have traveled a similar but had a more successful path than one of his own but you never know.

How long was Tracy McGrady in the league before he really took off in Orlando. What about Jermaine Oneal after going to the Pacers from staying on the bench for the blazers. What about Kevin Garnett and Kobe Bryant who have been with the same team for most of their careers. Point is players coming straight out of high school (with Lebron being one of the lone exceptions) take time to develop. If teams do not allow you the chance to develop you may take a little more time but the lucky teams that pick you up when you are ready to blossom (Orlando/McGrady ,Indiana/Oneal) get rewarded. We see the potential in a current high school draftee of our own in Josh Smith and we also understand he has a long way to go to reach his greatest potential. Potential is the key word and Gerald Green at 23 still has plenty of it and might vibe with peers his age that are excelling (Al Horford, Marvin Williams, Josh Smith who is a former slam dunk champ him self trying to prove he is a baller and not just an athlete). Maybe I'm a little too optimistic about Gerald Green being able to excel being around peers his age and that have traveled a similar but had a more successful path than one of his own but you never know.

You are too optimistic about Green and continue to use poor examples. TMac blew up in Toronto thus the big contract in Orlando as a FA. Jermaine was a good player but was stuck behind a bevy of high paid veterans on a contending team before the trade to Indiana. Both Kobe and KG were Allstars in just their 2nd seasons...........

It's not an issue of him being a drafted out of highschool it's just an issue of him not being that good of a basketball player despite the athleticism. He's struggled through two rebuilding situations, one in Boston where he barely impressed with PT and then barely playing for post KG Minny. His hometown team took a flyer on him for a bit before cutting him and by all intents and purposes many scouts and analysts have said that his stint in Dallas would be his last chance to prove that he was worthy of being an NBA player. To remind you, he couldn't get time over Antoine Wright and now we notice that he has not gotten much interest as FA either from Dallas or even us. Just because you were drafted out of highschool does not exempt you from scouting during your first couple seasons, if you haven't show the potential to be anything more than just an athlete who can score some inefficiently while not applying effort to the other side and showing overall low basketball IQ then why should any of us believe that you would become an allstar or above average starter?

Like I said he can be a good role player but you should really temper your hopes of him being an outstanding starter.

Nothing more needs to be said! Lol

Exactly we won't know unless they make the roster and something is proved. My theory was about the positive affects of a newly found chemistry which will be negated to what he has proven in the league so far so you got it until.