• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we didn't get Crawford...

JJFAN4LF

Let's just say that we never did the trade for Crawford and we still have Acie Law and Speedy Claxton and have Bibby and Flip in the market.

Who would you have wanted the Hawks to sign back? Bibby or Flip?

Personally, I would still be wanting Bibby to sign rather than Flip because I really think Flip is a player that can easily be replaced. That's just my opinion.

Let's just say that we never did the trade for Crawford and we still have Acie Law and Speedy Claxton and have Bibby and Flip in the market.

Who would you have wanted the Hawks to sign back? Bibby or Flip?

Personally, I would still be wanting Bibby to sign rather than Flip because I really think Flip is a player that can easily be replaced. That's just my opinion.

Can we not? I don't even like hypothesizing our roster with Acie Law and Speedy Claxton back on....

But I'll play. Mike Bibby hands down. His track record speaks for itself, let alone the impact he's had as a Hawk.

If the choice was strictly between Bibby and Flip, I'd sign Bibby first, strictly off of his performance in the playoffs. Flip, while he had a great 2nd half of the season, completely sold us out in the playoffs. That being said, Bibby may have been in a little better position to get more money out of the Hawks, if Crawford wasn't here.

Howeva . . .

My contention was to go after Marcus Camby with a sign and trade involving Speedy and Evans ( or Law ). But seeing that almost no activity was even rumored for Camby, I guess that wouldn't be possible.

The other option, was to go after Andre Miller, who I think would be a better fit for this team. Portland got Miller for a 3 yr - 21 mill or so deal. I would've liked the Hawks to go after him, for his ability to go to the hole and score in the post on PGs. He's a penetrating PG that could take some of the playmaking responsibilities off of JJ, and have JJ get more open looks as a scorer.

So if Miller ( or Bibby ) and Law are the PGs, do we still go after Flip? I think so. With 3 small guards projected on the roster, plus SPEEDY'S useless azz, I also thinks that changes our draft strategy.

I think the only reason we went after Teague, was because of the decision early on NOT to bring Flip back. I think the Hawks also gave more value to having Zaza play minutes at center, than they did Flip being the scoring spark plug off the bench. So Flip, in the numbers game, was expendible.

Either that, or Teague served as the Plan C, if we somehow lost both Bibby and Flip to free agency, and we had to roll with a Law - Teague - Speedy combo at PG.

So if we didn't make the Crawford trade:

1) draft Dejuan Blair or Tyler Hansbrough ( because rebounding would be still a need )

2) re-sign Bibby

3) re-sign Zaza

4) re-sign Flip ( only if enough money is left over to adequately do a deal for Marvin that keeps us under the luxury tax )

5) re-sign Marvin

( I doubt we'd have enough money left over to sign a Joe Smith or a Jason Collins )

14 man roster:

PG: Bibby ( or Miller ) - Law - Speedy

G: Johnson - Flip - West

F: Marvin - Evans - Koralev

PF: Smith - ( Blair or Hansbrough )

C: Horford - Zaza - Siler

It'll be a lineup of less experience but with young guys with "potential". It's also a lineup that I believe that Woody wouldn't go more than 9-deep at. So that means that Law or Evans and either Blair or Hansbrough wouldn't play every night.

Edited by northcyde