Joe Cox

DrReality

Am I the only one thinking Willie Martinez is on his way out the door with the way our defense has looked this season and the last few years?

I am anxious to see how Petrino and Arkansas fair against Alabama this week

If they score 30 on Alabama's defense I will feel a little better about the Dawgs' defense. If Alabama holds them to under 20 points, then it will be a bad sign for Martinez. At least the Dawhs play ASU this week in Athens. Should be a good time to get the defensive swagger back.

Cox looked like the real deal for sure. He gets rid of the ball qickly and accurately. Most of his incompletions were catchable balls. That 6'7'' QB for Arkanasa is also the real deal. Dude can see over the line can burn the blitz with his towering vision and strong arm. Alabama has its work cut out for them. Arkansas will spread them out just like Florida does..........only their QB can throw much better then Tebow.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

That 6'7'' QB for Arkanasa is also the real deal. Dude can see over the line can burn the blitz with his towering vision and strong arm. Alabama has its work cut out for them. Arkansas will spread them out just like Florida does..........only their QB can throw much better then Tebow.

He was awesome for 3 quarters then fell apart with some really terrible throws in the fourth quarter. He didn't look like the same QB out there.

The defense under Martinez has never been anything special. I'd be surprised if he survives the season.

Don't be too surprised...Richt is loyal to a fault, and Willie is his guy.

I was laughing at the UGA blogs on AJC, as fans were still calling for Logan Gray even as Joe Cox was tying the school record for TD passes in a game.

• Moderators

I think you have to go with the vet in Cox this season unless he is hurt or significantly outplayed by a youngster.

I hope Richt isn't loyal to a fault on Martinez but that could be a continuing issue. The defense has not been good the last few years relative to its talent.