• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DirectTV HD channels worth it?

mattlanta

I'm thinking of getting HD channels for my 40" HDTV in my room. I'm paying for it all myself. The reason I'm thinking of doing it or not is because obviously it looks good (and I'm also buying the NBA league pass) but I'm thinking not to because next year I will be going to college... I don't watch too much TV, but my older brother does and he often watches in my room. I'm just wondering if you guys think HD channels will be worth it. I'm happy enough with the NBA League pass but from everyone that has HD channels, I hear it's definitely worth it.

HD is great and well worth the $10 a month that it costs or whatever it is. The downside is that you'll never appreciate SD again.

Exactly. I only watch SD if I have to and fortunately that isn't very often. HD is really worth it. If you live near a major city, you can pull in uncompressed HD which is even better than what you'll get with the tv providers. I can do this where I live but it's a little annoying having to switch from antenna to cable and tinkering with the antenna.

HD is great, especially for sports. But keep in mind that a lot of the channels that claim to be hd are just upsampled sd and look almost exactly like the sd version. Syfy, myatltv, etc. all look almost exactly the same in hd and sd.

Now, sports in HD is an entirely different thing, and well worth it if you watch a lot of sports.

What is the final price do you guys think of HD Channels + NBA League pass for DirectTV?

I'm just wondeirng because I might be getting laid off at work so I don't know if I should be spending my money on too much TV or not.

Its so good it makes you realize why many people would rather watch the game at home then spend tons of money to go to a game.

Its worth it IF you can afford it but don't over extend yourself if your job situation is in question.

You can alwayse have them take it off IF the account if the job situation takes a turn for the worst.

Maybe big brother ought to chip in..........its your TV, your room............if he watches more TV in there then you do then maybe he should spend the $10 - $20 a month to get it.

Edited by coachx