• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks are where we hope'd they'd be

gsuteke

3-1 with W's against playoff caliber teams in Washington and Portland.

Tonight @ Sacramento

Friday @ Charlotte

Saturday (HS NIGHT) Denver

If the Hawks beat the teams they should we're looking at a 5-1 team hosting Denver on a Saturday Night. So far so good in 2009.

Edited by gsuteke

I wouldn't say that the wizards are a playoff caliber team but the Portland win was great. I still feel like it's the same situation as last year though. When they play well, the hawks can beat anyone on any night but there's a lack of consistency still. I wonder what we need to do to fix that?

3-1 with W's against playoff caliber teams in Washington and Portland.

Tonight @ Sacramento

Friday @ Charlotte

Saturday (HS NIGHT) Denver

If the Hawks beat the teams they should we're looking at a 5-1 team hosting Denver on a Saturday Night. So far so good in 2009.

Got to love the way the season has started !

We got 4 games in 5 nights..............so the depth Sund added is needed right now.

If we can start the season 3-1 on the road it would show that this Hawks team is a new animal !

I agree. We all didn't like how we lost to the Lakers, but I don't think anybody expected a Hawk win in that game either. So winning @ Portland and being 3 - 1 is exactly where we want to be. Just have to avoid the upset at Sacramento tonight. If we drop that game, the Portland win is somewhat tarnished.

I think the Charlotte game, after having to travel all the way back cross country, may be a far tougher game for us. Damn . . I wish I could be at the Denver game on Saturday. Hopefully, the fans will show up and have Philips rocking that night.

You know that Hawks are probably better than we'd thought they'd be right now.

Crawford can play. Woodson needs to use him appropriately, which is as a stopper on the offensive end when Joe leaves the game or he's struggling and the offense used to get stagnant.

And Marvin - if they would only use him appropriately the Hawks will be dangerous.

Marvin should be playing the post with his body - not hanging out on the 3 point line all game.

This team is going to be much better than last year's squad.

You know that Hawks are probably better than we'd thought they'd be right now.

Crawford can play. Woodson needs to use him appropriately, which is as a stopper on the offensive end when Joe leaves the game or he's struggling and the offense used to get stagnant.

And Marvin - if they would only use him appropriately the Hawks will be dangerous.

Marvin should be playing the post with his body - not hanging out on the 3 point line all game.

This team is going to be much better than last year's squad.

Crawford should be getting the type of minutes Chilz did, 25 to 35 a night every night. Marvin in a shooting slump but we are still winning. ZaZa came through last night and I really think he has been underused a little this season. Horford is playing like a rebounding beast. Smoove is showing great signs of a solid all around game. Our guard play has been oustanding except for the 2nd half of the Laker game. And Joe Smith is exactly what we needed.

Marvin is a decent banger and garbage player but Woody only uses him like that if another starter is out. Guess he is just too important extending the defense for ISO Joe? We can be tough every night as long as Woody uses the depth he has appropriately. 5 and 1, Denver at home...go Hawks!

Edited by Buzzard

Marvin is a decent banger and garbage player but Woody only uses him like that if another starter is out. Guess he is just too important extending the defense for ISO Joe? We can be tough every night as long as Woody uses the depth he has appropriately. 5 and 1, Denver at home...go Hawks!

I was thinking about this earlier.

I was thinking about this earlier.

Its Woodys team, his offense, his defense, and his rotations. Time will tell but so far this season the results are pretty good. One loss to the defending champions on their home court; and really just one bad quarter. Can't complain to much about that.

Its Woodys team, his offense, his defense, and his rotations. Time will tell but so far this season the results are pretty good. One loss to the defending champions on their home court; and really just one bad quarter. Can't complain to much about that.

I really was thinking about that earlier in respect to Marvin.

I'm going to be branded a lunatic for my take on Marvin in the thread I just started but I believe it makes for a pretty compelling argument.

Edited by gsuteke