• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We must beat the Magic.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I'm watching Sportscenter. We lead off Sportscenter!!! They're talking about how we have the best record in basketball. blah blah blah... How we beat Houston. Blah blah blah... How we are off to the best start in franchise history and on pace to win 50.. blah blah blah. Then they start talking about the Celtics Magic game... and it's as if they said "ON TO REAL ELITE TEAM ACTION"...

It's like everybody is expecting us to fall back to 4th maybe 5th place.

Well, I say on National TV, we have to go out and beat the Orlando. Maybe even blow them out or better yet, beat them so surely that it is no doubt who was superior.

Hawks have to go and take their respect.

• Like 1

I'm watching Sportscenter. We lead off Sportscenter!!! They're talking about how we have the best record in basketball. blah blah blah... How we beat Houston. Blah blah blah... How we are off to the best start in franchise history and on pace to win 50.. blah blah blah. Then they start talking about the Celtics Magic game... and it's as if they said "ON TO REAL ELITE TEAM ACTION"...

Well, I say on National TV, we have to go out and beat the Orlando. Maybe even blow them out or better yet, beat them so surely that it is no doubt who was superior.

Yes they do! However I'm kinda worried about the game because it's a long layoff between Saturday and next Thursday. Kinda feels like a trap game. We'll see though...I hope we smack the snot out of them!

• Premium Member

The Magic don't think they are getting the respect they deserve if you read the artice on RealGM yesterday. Jason Williams said the Celtics and Cavs get more national tv exposure than them.

I agree. Compared to Celts and Cavs, Orlando isn't getting the respect it deserves. However, they are the second best team in the East and they still get more respect than the top team in the NBA.

It's got tougher with the addition of Carter. People can debate on if Carter or Turk is better for them.... But I'd rather seem them have turk because Carter has killed the Hawks so often.

They are going to jump off our bandwagon before that game now that we don't have sole possession of best record.

Who cares what they think anyway? Media praise never earned a championship. Look at how disrespected the Magic were last year and how they proved their critics wrong in the post-season

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

The Magic are a legit contender and this one is not.

So they still have disappointing losses on the road. It was another back to back nightmare situation.

Let's not panic just yet.

You got to win some back to backs. Those have been absent so far this season it seems like. Which of course really helped to feed the winning streak. The question is how will you play when you face some adversity. Tonight the Hawks had some and they were not able to really hold on.

You got to win some back to backs. Those have been absent so far this season it seems like. Which of course really helped to feed the winning streak.

Is your memory that bad?

Portland-Sacremento back to back. We won both.

Boston-New Orleans back to back. We won both.

So no, they haven't been "absent."

You got to win some back to backs. Those have been absent so far this season it seems like. Which of course really helped to feed the winning streak. The question is how will you play when you face some adversity. Tonight the Hawks had some and they were not able to really hold on.

Our winning streak was started on the tail end of a back to back and there was another impressive back to back in the middle of it. We have overcome adversity in multiple games, including the one last night. I'm disappointed with this loss, but to act like the season is over is ridiculous. We couldn't hit any jumpers and they were on fire. The only thing tonight really proves is that Bibby is very important to our team.

It does make the Orlando game much bigger for us, though. If we win that one then everything is right back on track.

Edited by High5

Our winning streak was started on the tail end of a back to back and there was another impressive back to back in the middle of it. We have overcome adversity in multiple games, including the one last night. I'm disappointed with this loss, but to act like the season is over is ridiculous. We couldn't hit any jumpers and they were on fire. The only thing tonight really proves is that Bibby is very important to our team.

It does make the Orlando game much bigger for us, though. If we win that one then everything is right back on track.

Course the season is not over. It's just the team is slowly settling into that 4th seed type of team. The quality of play has been getting worse lately. The play against Portland was mostly mediocre... The play against Houston wasn't that great and they got killed on the offensive boards. Tonight they played horribly also. There is starting to be less ball movement than they were at the start of the season it seems to me. The team is starting to look like last years team again.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Course the season is not over. It's just the team is slowly settling into that 4th seed type of team. The quality of play has been getting worse lately. The play against Portland was mostly mediocre... The play against Houston wasn't that great and they got killed on the offensive boards. Tonight they played horribly also. There is starting to be less ball movement than they were at the start of the season it seems to me. The team is starting to look like last years team again.

Slowly settling into the 4th seed? We still have the best record in the NBA

You sure have extremely high standards for an Atlanta "fan." We fought two quality teams in Portland and Houston hard and won. Tonight was bad, but it was just one of those nights.

You sure have extremely high standards for an Atlanta "fan." We fought two quality teams in Portland and Houston hard and won. Tonight was bad, but it was just one of those nights.

Houston is NOT a quality team. They're starting 5 role players. Outside of that one winning streak Portland had (against all bad or badly hurt teams) they haven't been good so far.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/schedule?team=por

take a glance at that. Portland even got blown out by Golden State last night.

Portland is a good team, but they haven't got their act together yet. This is obviously not a bad Hawk team either. They will get 50 wins now I believe. But that's as far as it goes.

Edited by Hotlanta1981