• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where was Teague in the second half vs. Magic?

hawks21

I am not saying Teague should have played the whole second half or replaced Bibby, but part of the reason he Hawks lost the aggressiveness is Teague wasn't in the game PUSHING THE BASKETBALL and getting into the lane. Teague is quicker than Jason Williams, Anthony Johnson and JJ Reddick and it may have kept the Hawks more balanced on the floor in regard to attacking the basket instead of shooting jumpers for the most part in the third quarter.

Teague EARNED PLAYING TIME in the 2nd quarter by playing more in the second half.. Woodson was too slow or stubborn to act.

I am not saying Teague should have played the whole second half or replaced Bibby, but part of the reason he Hawks lost the aggressiveness is Teague wasn't in the game PUSHING THE BASKETBALL and getting into the lane. Teague is quicker than Jason Williams, Anthony Johnson and JJ Reddick and it may have kept the Hawks more balanced on the floor in regard to attacking the basket instead of shooting jumpers for the most part in the third quarter.

Teague EARNED PLAYING TIME in the 2nd quarter by playing more in the second half.. Woodson was too slow or stubborn to act.

Crawful needs to lose some of his minutes.

He is playing worse by the game. Which is why teams don't want to keep him. All he does is throw up shots. He is a SLIGHTLY better passer than Murray. Good thing that his contract is short because Crawful is really overpaid.

• Moderators

Teague's last 3 games (since Bibby went down and it became obvious we need to have a backup plan at PG other than running Crawford and JJ there):

3-5 from the field, 60% FG%

4 assists

0 turnovers

2 rebounds

1 steal

total: 16 minutes

per 36 numbers are roughly:

15 points

9 assists

0 turnovers

4 rebounds

2 steals

This doesn't earn you more time when we are in a position of really, really needing some bench strength at PG?

I just don't get it. Teague doesn't get consistent play for development and doesn't seem to get recognition reflected in PT when he does play well.

I guess Woodson is counting on Bibby staying healthy all year. That is a risky plan.

Teague's last 3 games (since Bibby went down and it became obvious we need to have a backup plan at PG other than running Crawford and JJ there):

3-5 from the field, 60% FG%

4 assists

0 turnovers

2 rebounds

1 steal

total: 16 minutes

per 36 numbers are roughly:

15 points

9 assists

0 turnovers

4 rebounds

2 steals

This doesn't earn you more time when we are in a position of really, really needing some bench strength at PG?

I just don't get it. Teague doesn't get consistent play for development and doesn't seem to get recognition reflected in PT when he does play well.

I guess Woodson is counting on Bibby staying healthy all year. That is a risky plan.

I agree! Teague has not earned 15-20 mins a game, but damn, give him something! The excuses I hear and read are ridiculous and weak. Bibby won't stay healthy all year--we know this to be true. Starting Crawford at PG is not ideal AT ALL...so someone will have to step up. We don't have any other options besides Teague. Teague isn't Chris Paul, nor has he looked all that great in limited time, but damn Woodson, TEAGUE WON'T DEVELOP ON THE BENCH! What, are we gonna draft a new "PG of the future" every year?!

• Moderators

As an aside, I am not arguing the per36 numbers for his recent time are reliable indicators of what he would do with 36 minutes...just that he has made decent use of the very limited time he has had available to him and still is seeing less than 6 minutes per game over that time.

• Premium Member

As an aside, I am not arguing the per36 numbers for his recent time are reliable indicators of what he would do with 36 minutes...just that he has made decent use of the very limited time he has had available to him and still is seeing less than 6 minutes per game over that time.

Exactly. What the heck else can you be expected to do on 3 minutes a game???

You'd think when we are getting beat by one of the worst starting 5 in the NBA and one of our guards is having the worst shooting night of his life, Teague would at least get 10 minutes today.

Objectively I think it is pretty safe to give up on Teague ever having an impact this year. Like I said before, if he can't see the floor during games in November that are pretty much pressure free, how can we expect that he will get minutes when we start fighting for playoff position?

Thanks Woodson. :shake_puter:

R.I.P = Teague's 2009-2010 season.

Did we really expect anything else from Woody? I mean people can always think of an excuse to defend his horrible use of our rookies but the truth is the guys use of our rotation is beyond terrible. What does Teague have to do in his 3 mins to catch woody's eye so that he can get more time? AT LEAST GIVE THE MAN A DAMN CHANCE!!!!