• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tiger is in real deep

HawkItus

He is the one who chose to sell his name to the highest bidders. When you are making $100 million in endorsements and doing the talk show circuit you have no business compaining about a lack of privacy when bad news (of your own making) hits.

If his privacy was so important to him he shouldn't have put his face/name on shirts/hats/clubs/sports drinks etc. He certainly wasn't compaining about the attention when he was cashing in on it.

I agree and here is a little more to add....Tiger wants it both ways and its just not going to happen. He mentions his wife and children a thousand times a season; as well as his mom and dad. He does this on tour; and also when he gives lessons and demos for his charities and foundation. Now its bad news and its not ok to talk about them. I could honestly care less about Tiger; his wife is who I feel sorry for. Hopefully by the time his kids get into school this will be a distant memory.

Tiger loved talking about his family; he potrayed himself openly, with no encouragement, as the great husband and father. He made tons of money off that false image. And now its blown up in his face; as he has proven to be anything but the opposite. I do not feel sorry for Tiger. He made his own bed; he is just going to have to weather this s*** storm he created and play in it....

Edited by Buzzard

He is the one who chose to sell his name to the highest bidders. When you are making $100 million in endorsements and doing the talk show circuit you have no business compaining about a lack of privacy when bad news (of your own making) hits.

If his privacy was so important to him he shouldn't have put his face/name on shirts/hats/clubs/sports drinks etc. He certainly wasn't compaining about the attention when he was cashing in on it.

You obviously don't follow Tiger closely. The man is a one word answer interviewer. Yes, he does some promo stuff, but that stuff is required by his sponsors and the PGA. Golf like Nascar is a sponsor driven sport. You can't compete with sponsorship money. So don't act like he had a choice. If he wants to play golf at the PGA level he needs sponsorship.

You obviously don't follow Tiger closely. The man is a one word answer interviewer. Yes, he does some promo stuff, but that stuff is required by his sponsors and the PGA. Golf like Nascar is a sponsor driven sport. You can't compete with sponsorship money. So don't act like he had a choice. If he wants to play golf at the PGA level he needs sponsorship.

LOL

I played college golf. I watched Tiger on TV when he was 16 playing in his first PGA Tour event. I watched all of his US Amateur wins. I was there in person the first time he played in Atlanta in 1996 (he won). I have watched him in person many times and followed his career pretty closely. I think it is a pretty safe bet that i know golf, and Tiger, better than you.

It is well known that Tiger shuns the media and refuses to sign autographs. Not only that but he has had a gag order on his wife and caddie for years. He wants the big money that the attention brings but he doesn't want any of the responsibilities that come with it. In contrast Phil Mickelson will sign every autograph and never dodges the press.

You can't do millions in endorsements, talk shows, and video games and then cry about lack of privacy when bad news of your own making hits.

Greg Maddux was a huge star in a major sport but he didn't do endorsements, didn't do the talk show circuit and was pretty anonymous off the field. There is a connection.

No, Uchitel's main job was to provide women for Tiger during his globetrotting excursions to various tournaments, charity functions and f***-and-run private-jet weekends with his Fortune 500 party pals that he seemed to enjoy so much. Kalika Moquin? Many Las Vegas insiders doubt that she ever slept with Tiger. But she did set him up with some sweet VIP service at The Bank or at Bare like any good hostess would: a roomful of available girls with a certain look that Tiger wanted, flown in just for the occasion.

My link

LOL

I played college golf. I watched Tiger on TV when he was 16 playing in his first PGA Tour event. I watched all of his US Amateur wins. I was there in person the first time he played in Atlanta in 1996 (he won). I have watched him in person many times and followed his career pretty closely. I think it is a pretty safe bet that i know golf, and Tiger, better than you.

It is well known that Tiger shuns the media and refuses to sign autographs. Not only that but he has had a gag order on his wife and caddie for years. He wants the big money that the attention brings but he doesn't want any of the responsibilities that come with it. In contrast Phil Mickelson will sign every autograph and never dodges the press.

You can't do millions in endorsements, talk shows, and video games and then cry about lack of privacy when bad news of your own making hits.

Greg Maddux was a huge star in a major sport but he didn't do endorsements, didn't do the talk show circuit and was pretty anonymous off the field. There is a connection.

Exactly, and he has succeeded at doing so. Why change now? Sounds to me that Mr. College golfer is jealous of Tiger. Suck it up man. His job isn't to be a good guy. As long as he hasn't transgressed the law your argument is baseless.

The first hint I got that Tiger was not exactly who he potrayed himself as was at his event a couple of years ago. When Anthony Kim called him after his win, Kim called Tiger "TDog". I thought that was a little strange at 1st, then just blew it off to Kim being young and from the streets of LA.

Kim has done some off course work with Tiger; and it now sounds like Kim may know him better than his wife does :eek:

Exactly, and he has succeeded at doing so. Why change now? Sounds to me that Mr. College golfer is jealous of Tiger. Suck it up man. His job isn't to be a good guy. As long as he hasn't transgressed the law your argument is baseless.

Oh I have a feeling that Gatorade, NIKE, and the PGA might strongly disagree with you there. For a sport that is supposed to be a gentleman's game I'd bet that there are rules written into his contracts about what he does away from the game.

Oh I have a feeling that Gatorade, NIKE, and the PGA might strongly disagree with you there. For a sport that is supposed to be a gentleman's game I'd bet that there are rules written into his contracts about what he does away from the game.

Nah, Gatorade and Nike are just risk adverse, as are all corporate sponsors. The risk is too great to wholly stand behind Tiger right now. As things blow over they will return as Nike did with Vick. Give it about this time next year. The PGA? They need Tiger. His absence do to injury proved that. People will pay and tune in to see this guy love or hate him. He is that kind of draw.

Nah, Gatorade and Nike are just risk adverse, as are all corporate sponsors. The risk is too great to wholly stand behind Tiger right now. As things blow over they will return as Nike did with Vick. Give it about this time next year. The PGA? They need Tiger. His absence do to injury proved that. People will pay and tune in to see this guy love or hate him. He is that kind of draw.

I didn't say that he wouldn't get sponsorship from them again, I'm saying that I'd be willing to bet that he signed something saying he would represent the brand in a positive manner or something like that and in that regard it is his job to be a good guy.

Jealous? You are even more clueless than i thought. I have been a fan if his from the beginning. I understand the difficulty of what he has done. He was trying to achieve something (breaking Jack's record) that i didn't think was possible and he is well on his way. He won the Slam which i never thought i would see. I turned a blind eye to his on course behavior, his disrespect of the fans and the media because of the enormity of his accomplishments.

You obviously don't understand my argument at all which is he has no right to complain about a lack of privacy since he contributed so heavily to it. His "apology" was basically blaming the media for his problems as if the media is what caused him to be a frequent visitor to Ho's-R-Us.

As far as transgressing the law it certainly appears as if he is guilty of soliciting prostitues, and if he transported them across state lines the penalty can get severe. He was also admitted to the hospital as an overdose and there may yet be charges of driving while impaired. As we speak the police are trying to get ahold of his blood tests.

The first hint I got that Tiger was not exactly who he potrayed himself as was at his event a couple of years ago. When Anthony Kim called him after his win, Kim called Tiger "TDog". I thought that was a little strange at 1st, then just blew it off to Kim being young and from the streets of LA.

Kim has done some off course work with Tiger; and it now sounds like Kim may know him better than his wife does :eek:

The players knew no doubt. Their conspicuous silence tells me that they were either

-aware but turned a blind eye because they didn't want to upset the cash cow

-enablers who helped Tiger cover things up

-guilty of their own misadventures which they want to keep quiet

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah ex...I played High School golf and could have played college had I wanted to go to a smaller school. I know the game pretty good - maybe not as well as you - but pretty good. I've always been a Tiger fan just because of the amazing things he can do. Tiger is not Tiger due solely to his distance. He is easily the best pressure putter since Nicklaus...maybe ever.

One thing I do remember about Tiger though (I've followed him a few times) was the Tour Championship a few years back at Eastlake. I walked the front nine in reverse to see the contenders - then had a sandwich and a drink and followed Tiger the whole back nine. I was totally impressed. He hit a left handed three iron off the fence off 10 from 200 yards right in front of the green. Next hole he smashed a driver so far that I couldn't really understand it (much less see it land).

Anyway...he missed some putts and came in a couple strokes behind Vijay Singh. It was over after Tiger putted out so I figured I'd walk over to the boy's room before watching Vijay's finishing putts. Sure enough my route took me directly by where Tiger was storming into the clubhouse...I didn't care in the least (I've never been an autograph guy and I figured he's just another golfer). Suddenly all these kids came running across towards me to get to Tiger for an autograph. I could hear that he was cussing and pissed so I kinda held up my hands and said that it might not be a good time. He looked back at everybody with a kinda evil eye - slammed his hat against the wall - cussed again - and went into the clubhouse. I took a piss, watched Vijay win, and went home.

P.S. - when I was watching the other guys I would say stuff like (after a good drive) "great drive Davis" and give a thumbs up...and Davis Love would look back with a smile and say "yeah man - smoked it" and give me a thumbs up back. Of course he was 10 shots behind the leaders at the time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, like I said....

My link

and the PGA can't wait to get him back..

Tiger lost the sponsor that just got finished hosting a tournament this past week, Accenture. He also got dropped from the sponsor of his own tournament that he hosts in DC with AT&T. Gatorade has dropped his drink and appears to be renegotiating his deal. Gillette has stopped running his ads. Buick dropped him. Tiger's approval rating has fallen off a cliff.

And since you wouldn't know I should mention that even if Tiger was playing a full schedule this year he would have only played two tournaments by now.

Edited by exodus

(future news)

Tiger to kids: "I think you are old enough now so I have something to confess. A few years back I did some things that were very bad. I brought shame upon myself and embarrassed your mother very much. It put a terrible strain on our marriage. All I can say is that I am deeply sorry for my behavior back then."

"Oh...by the way...I am a billionaire and neither of you will ever want for anything for your entire lives"

Kids to Tiger: "Wow...COOL!"