• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tiger is in real deep

HawkItus

It is amazing this culture of ours and their idol worship. Build them up and tear them down.

Did you hear the phone message to his estranged mistress / **** tail waitress released to the media ? That really adds fuel to the fire. He basically says my wife found your number on my cell phone and she may be calling you. Please do not call and delete my name / number from you cell phone........please do this for me. Then he hangs up. I tried to post a link but Tiger has his public relations team taking them down as soon as web sites put it up.

Its not about tearing anyone down. Its just news. Anything about Tiger, in his hey day, will be front page...........just as it was with Michael Jordan, Brett Farve, Barry Bonds, Alex Rodriguez, etc.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/woods-says-he-lets-221961.html

Woods says he lets family down. By DOUG FERGUSON

The Associated Press

Tiger Woods says he has let his family down and regrets "those transgressions with all of my heart."

In a statement Wednesday on his Web site, Woods says he has not been "true to my values and the behavior my family deserves."

He offered his "profound apology" to his supporters.

His comments came after Us Weekly magazine published a cover story alleging that a Los Angeles cocktail waitress had a 31-month affair with the world's No. 1 golfer.

Jaimee Grubbs told the magazine she met Woods at a Las Vegas nightclub the week after the 2007 Masters — two months before Woods' wife, Elin Nordegren, gave birth to their first child. Grubbs claims to have proof in 300 text messages.

Wednesday morning, the magazine published what it said was a voicemail provided by Grubbs that she said was left by Woods on Nov. 24, three days before his early morning car crash outside his home near Orlando.

In his statement, Woods did not offer details of any alleged relationship.

"I will strive to be abetter person and the husband and father that my family deserves," he said.

He also said he has been "dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means."

Edited by coachx

I agree that it isn't tearing anybody down. You put yourself into the public spotlight. If you decide to cheat and have affairs, you should get called out by the media. There is an easy solution to this...just don't cheat.

Easily said, but they guy never claimed to be perfect. He didn't ask to be a public figure he just became really good at hitting a golf ball. He has since released a statement basically admitting he cheated, but as he says in his apology, it is a private matter. The divorce rate is is more than 30% in this country and people commit adultery all the time. It is what it is. But, the person who also committed adultery with him making $100,000 and being flashed on the TV screens like they are a hero is sad. I stand by my previous statement. Adulterer or not the guy can hit a golf ball better than anyone in the world. And that's all he ever asked anyone to acknowledge. He hasn't stood on a bully pulpit and claimed to be a saint.

• Moderators

The media does love to tear people down and build them up. No question about it.

Why? It isn't so much because they are evil people as because the fall of a big name person sells. Hence, they troll to dig up whatever they can and catch the latest celebrity scandal.

The predictability of the media's desperation to run with such a story has been exploited by some savvy people in recent years who deliberately do scandalous things or release scandalous media to create a story and more coverage of themselves. Obviously, that is not the case with Tiger but it is part of our media industry culture that they care more about reporting on whether an actress has a drug problem or on an athlete who is cheating than they do about our the details of healthcare proposals or other critically important issues.

Edited by AHF

I would be shocked if his wife does not take him to the cleaners. A 3 year affair with 300 text messages and starting the affair while she was pregnant. Divorce lawyers are blowing her cell phone up right now. She could be almost as rich as Oprah when she is done with him. If she stays with Tiger, with all that $$$ involved, it would show she is a heck of a woman and that their is some serious true love there.

This may be the only thing that can stop Tiger from breaking the record for all time Major Tour victories. The stress and pain of losing his family and 1/2 his estate.

What ever he was paying that Vegas bar-witch not to talk was not enough.

• Moderators

Easily said, but they guy never claimed to be perfect. He didn't ask to be a public figure he just became really good at hitting a golf ball. He has since released a statement basically admitting he cheated, but as he says in his apology, it is a private matter. The divorce rate is is more than 30% in this country and people commit adultery all the time. It is what it is. But, the person who also committed adultery with him making $100,000 and being flashed on the TV screens like they are a hero is sad. I stand by my previous statement. Adulterer or not the guy can hit a golf ball better than anyone in the world. And that's all he ever asked anyone to acknowledge. He hasn't stood on a bully pulpit and claimed to be a saint.

I agree all the coverage is ridiculous but i disagree with the statement that he didn't ask to be a public figure. He doesn't have to be a pro golfer. That's a choice. And accepting huge sponsorship money from Nike, GM and countless other companies comes some responsibility. I don't think he was forced into being a celebrity spokesman.

• Like 1

I agree all the coverage is ridiculous but i disagree with the statement that he didn't ask to be a public figure. He doesn't have to be a pro golfer. That's a choice. And accepting huge sponsorship money from Nike, GM and countless other companies comes some responsibility. I don't think he was forced into being a celebrity spokesman.

He took money to sponsor equipment and automobiles. He didn't take money as a marriage counselor. He didn't take money to give opinions or claim he was a "good" guy. He lose his sponsorships. People who have issues with him won't be his fans. Fine. But, raking the man through coals and putting his family life into public press for profit is detestable. He had a private wedding. Has kept his marriage and family out of the press for the most part. He didn't ask for this.

He took money to sponsor equipment and automobiles. He didn't take money as a marriage counselor. He didn't take money to give opinions or claim he was a "good" guy. He lose his sponsorships. People who have issues with him won't be his fans. Fine. But, raking the man through coals and putting his family life into public press for profit is detestable. He had a private wedding. Has kept his marriage and family out of the press for the most part. He didn't ask for this.

He certainly did lie about it to his zillions of fans. Well until the proof was produced that changed his tune. . Thats a real cool thing to do with little ones and home and your wife pregnant.

I think the coverage that he gets in general is ridiculous. Golf isnt a real sport. George Carlin said it best, lol

When he endorses a product, it's not because "hey, Im great at golf, buy this." It's because "hey, look at me and my perfect life, emulate me by buying what Im selling." As such, yes, he has put himself in the spot light.

I don't particularly care about this story or Tiger. But it is undeniable that this celebrity obsessed culture that tears down someone like tiger is the same culture that allows them to rake in the millions in endorsements. These two things are linked, and celebrities can't have one without the other. The moment you accept money to appear in public is the moment that you lose control over what gets out there.

The media does love to tear people down and build them up. No question about it.

Why? It isn't so much because they are evil people as because the fall of a big name person sells. Hence, they troll to dig up whatever they can and catch the latest celebrity scandal.

The predictability of the media's desperation to run with such a story has been exploited by some savvy people in recent years who deliberately do scandalous things or release scandalous media to create a story and more coverage of themselves. Obviously, that is not the case with Tiger but it is part of our media industry culture that they care more about reporting on whether an actress has a drug problem or on an athlete who is cheating than they do about our the details of healthcare proposals or other critically important issues.

Everyone sit back, get your popcorn and watch 2 Mods go at it.

AHF athletes like Tiger Woods get married while they are young and wealthy because they want that sense of stability when they get "home"

Kids, the wife that is taking care of the house and the kids, etc. etc.

Well at the same time you stroll into the lobby at a hotel in LA and there are 10 women in the lobby that are a 10 that want to show you their panties. OK....... what do you do next?

Well I can tell you Tiger and I share one thing in common. We both have children.

There is no way in hell I am going to comprimise my ability to see my children any week, any day, and hour, any minute, or any second of any day.

That's what you do when you go astray though, you comprimise your ability to do just that.

Tiger may be used to not seeing his kids for a week at a time but I can assure you while perhaps I'm being a bit of a "simpleton" here I'll share the same advice I share with an employee of mine earlier this year right before he got married.

You can look around and hook up while you're engaged.

You can look around and hook up while you're married while you don't have of a bank account.

You can look around while you're married and while you have kids - but you can't do anything.

You are officially attached to that woman because you can't be in a position to not father your children on a daily basis.

• Moderators

Everyone sit back, get your popcorn and watch 2 Mods go at it.

AHF athletes like Tiger Woods get married while they are young and wealthy because they want that sense of stability when they get "home"

Kids, the wife that is taking care of the house and the kids, etc. etc.

Well at the same time you stroll into the lobby at a hotel in LA and there are 10 women in the lobby that are a 10 that want to show you their panties. OK....... what do you do next?

Well I can tell you Tiger and I share one thing in common. We both have children.

There is no way in hell I am going to comprimise my ability to see my children any week, any day, and hour, any minute, or any second of any day.

That's what you do when you go astray though, you comprimise your ability to do just that.

Tiger may be used to not seeing his kids for a week at a time but I can assure you while perhaps I'm being a bit of a "simpleton" here I'll share the same advice I share with an employee of mine earlier this year right before he got married.

You can look around and hook up while you're engaged.

You can look around and hook up while you're married while you don't have of a bank account.

You can look around while you're married and while you have kids - but you can't do anything.

You are officially attached to that woman because you can't be in a position to not father your children on a daily basis.

No argument here. I agree with this 100% (other than the hooking up while you are engaged part).

I just think that it is a poor mark on our culture that we spend more time and attention on sordid stories like this or whether Paris Hilton is wearing panties, etc. when we have massive unemployment, are spending ourselves into record deficits, and have about 1,000 other items that should be more newsworthy than whether Tiger cheated on his wife.

My post was not excusing Tiger's conduct -- it was intended to slam our culture where we know more about Lindsey Lohan's rehab issues than about the contents of unprecedented healthcare legislation.

I think there is a huge difference between a "mistake" and cold calculated " transgressions" over a long period of time that hurt your wife and children really for the rest of they're lives. Look none of us will ver know what it is like to have grupies throwing themselves at you every single day of your life everywhere you go BUT YOU EITHER LOVE YOUR FAMILY OR YOU DONT.

• Moderators

I think there is a huge difference between a "mistake" and cold calculated " transgressions" over a long period of time that hurt your wife and children really for the rest of they're lives. Look none of us will ver know what it is like to have grupies throwing themselves at you every single day of your life everywhere you go BUT YOU EITHER LOVE YOUR FAMILY OR YOU DONT.

If you want the groupies, etc. go live the bachelor life like Derek Jeter. He can nail everything walking and no one will care (well, I am sure there will be broken hearts but that isn't so significant compared to adultery).

• Moderators

What does the scorecard read now?

Woods has 3 women up to this point that have stepped forward?

"Sleeping with Tiger Woods" is that too racy for a book title?

How about..."A Tiger Driving Deep In My Woods"

He is the one who chose to sell his name to the highest bidders. When you are making $100 million in endorsements and doing the talk show circuit you have no business compaining about a lack of privacy when bad news (of your own making) hits.

If his privacy was so important to him he shouldn't have put his face/name on shirts/hats/clubs/sports drinks etc. He certainly wasn't compaining about the attention when he was cashing in on it.

• Like 1