• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What do you think about this?

TheTruth

Capstone made an intriguing post earlier after the game: Have Collins be the one wearing the suits and dress Othello Hunter. My response: Why not?

Collins looks terrible out there and won't get any minutes unless A) blowout or B) 2 out of Zaza, Randmo and Joe Smith go down or get into terrible foul trouble.

Call me crazy, but Randolph Morris looked decent out there tonight, and he looked decent in the last game he played in as well--and I'm talking about on both ends of the court. If Zaza goes back to playing like he did earlier in the year, maybe just maybe Morris needs to steal a few minutes. I'm not saying he will be great, but I like what I've seen from him LATELY.

As for the Othello Hunter idea, I know he won't get many minutes at all, especially since he has both Smiths in front of him (and Al when moved to play minutes at PF), but man, he would certainly contribute more than Collins would.

What are your thoughts guys?

• Premium Member

Capstone made an intriguing post earlier after the game: Have Collins be the one wearing the suits and dress Othello Hunter. My response: Why not?

Collins looks terrible out there and won't get any minutes unless A) blowout or B) 2 out of Zaza, Randmo and Joe Smith go down or get into terrible foul trouble.

Call me crazy, but Randolph Morris looked decent out there tonight, and he looked decent in the last game he played in as well--and I'm talking about on both ends of the court. If Zaza goes back to playing like he did earlier in the year, maybe just maybe Morris needs to steal a few minutes. I'm not saying he will be great, but I like what I've seen from him LATELY.

As for the Othello Hunter idea, I know he won't get many minutes at all, especially since he has both Smiths in front of him (and Al when moved to play minutes at PF), but man, he would certainly contribute more than Collins would.

I agree with you 25%. Morris has looked pretty good but, dude, you have to take into account his minutes came when there was 6 minutes left in a 30+ point blow out. No way he steals minutes from Zaza just yet, especially since Zaza was playing like God tonight (did you see that crossover and pull up jumpshot from the baseline lol!) In any case, it is good to see that Morris actually looks like an NBA player now. On the other hand Collins is ridiculously awful, I mean, really. I've seen some godawful player in my day, but damn Collins takes the cake. How is this guy still in the NBA??? The shape he is in is also totally embarrassing, the dude looks COMPLETELY out of place on an NBA court.

• Premium Member

By the same token re: Collins, Morris looks like a totally different player out there than he did in years past. I understand they have been token minutes...but he still looks a lot better.

Yeah, definitely. Still just no better than an 11th man IMHO, but at least he looks like a very decent 11th man this year.

I was thinking the same thing. We don't need Collins on the court most nights any way(unless we are facing marquee bigs) actually. Hunter would give us more of a balance and hustle in blow out win/losses and could learn/earn more from being able to play. He would be another young athletic big out there and we already have Joe Smith and Zaza as our vet depth.