• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official "Atta-Boy" Hawks Win in Big D Thread

jhay610

Northcyde is the only one to address the big win in big D last night. The board lights up after a bad home loss to the Knicks but barely a peep after the team makes up for it with a gritty win in Dallas on the second night of a back to back (maybe everyone was watching college football??).

It was beautifully ugly, with the "Go Joe" offense in full effect. Defensive effort was on point, and that made the difference.

Only downside is Joe logged heavy minutes in both games.

Queue Hotlanta to remind us that the win was meaningless and that the Hawks are pretenders and Joe sucks (31 last night on 13-24 shooting)...

Edited by jhay610

Northcyde is the only one to address the big win in big D last night. The board lights up after a bad home loss to the Knicks but barely a peep after the team makes up for it with a gritty win in Dallas on the second night of a back to back (maybe everyone was watching college football??).

It was beautifully ugly, with the "Go Joe" offense in full effect. Defensive effort was on point, and that made the difference.

Queue Hotlanta to remind us that the win was meaningless and that the Hawks are pretenders and Joe sucks (31 last night on 13-24 shooting)...

I was ticked about the NY game and decided to not even watch the game last night. I decided to take a nap instead. 13-24 shooting is rare for JJ though.

• Premium Member

Other than the 10-12 minute stretch between second and third quarters where we had zero field goals we played well enough to win. Our defensive effort was great. Both teams played great defense. Joe was the man last night, there's just no way we would have won that game without him.

I also think we should send d*ck Bavetta a christmas cake for that last call of the game where we got the ball back :blow out candles:

lol

Go Hawks!

• Premium Member

I was ticked about the NY game and decided to not even watch the game last night. I decided to take a nap instead. 13-24 shooting is rare for JJ though.

He shot 50% or better when taking 20+ shots 10 times last year. And he scored 30+ points 12 times last year. And he hit 10 FGs while shooting 50% or better from the floor 17 times last year. There were 21 games where at least 1 of those 3 happened.

So...how is that rare? And how many perimeter players in the NBA have nights like that more often than JJ?

He shot 50% or better when taking 20+ shots 10 times last year. And he scored 30+ points 12 times last year. And he hit 10 FGs while shooting 50% or better from the floor 17 times last year. There were 21 games where at least 1 of those 3 happened.

So...how is that rare? And how many perimeter players in the NBA have nights like that more often than JJ?

I'm talking about this year. But to me fair, he has had better shooting nights than I thought. I guess it's his very spotty 3pt shooting that makes it seem that way. Sort of like we get on Josh about his 3pt shooting, but yet he managed to shoot 49% overall last season.

As for last year: Here are some of the other SG/SF 50% +20 shot efforts:

Wade: 28 times

Granger:11 times (67 games)

James: 21 times

Kobe: 22 times

Durant: 17 times (74 games)

Roy: 7 Times (Ouch!)

Carter: 9 times

Pierce: 8 times eve though he only attempted 20 or more shots in a game 12 times

Carter and JJ have very similar numbers last year. They seem to be the most comparable players at this point. I didn't include Ben Gordon since scoring is pretty much all he does. He doesn't have as much weight on his shoulders as the other 20PPG type of guards do. JJ had 33 games in where he attempted 20 shots or more last season. But he is pretty comparable to players that are near him such as Granger, Durant, Carter, PP and Roy. PP was extremely efficient when he took 20 shots or more.

Edited by Hotlanta1981