• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ok how bad does that loss to Orlando hurt now?

HawkItus

Looking at the standings we would look so much better with that win against Orlando at home. Yes we have some other hiccups, but these team would be super confident if they could look and be a game and a half down to a team they already beat. Now that 2 1/2 looks like a gulf because the pressure is squarely on us next time we play. I know only the playoffs really matter but I think the regular season sets the tone for the playoffs.

That loss hurt, but the loss to the Knicks and Pistons hurt more because those are teams we should have beaten. If you look at the top teams they all have streaks of 5 plus games going right now and that happens alot, but teams don't often put together double digit win streaks. These team are bound to drop one before they start their streak again. The hawks can gain a game soon just by putting together a win streak and not losing to any bozo teams. Also look at the last ten games for each team. The top teams records are usually 9-1,8-2,7-3. When they hit 6-4 in their last ten like the Hawks are now, they usually go into must win emergency mode and reel off 7 or 8 in a row. If the hawks have that in them they are legit, if they lose to a bozo team before they play on the road in Denver, maybe not.

The season is young and so is our team. We are also deep. Once a few injuries hit we should have a good chance to move up in the standings.

It's hard for me to even decide which player it would hurt us most to lose to injury. I guess it would go by which player is best (JJ), but losing Bibby would expose our lack of pg's, Horford would cause Morris or Collins to get too many minutes. If we lost JJ, Crawford would fill in fine and Marvin and Mo would take more shots. As long as Crawford wasn't on a cold streak, losing JJ might hurt us less than losing a different starter.

That loss hurt, but the loss to the Knicks and Pistons hurt more because those are teams we should have beaten. If you look at the top teams they all have streaks of 5 plus games going right now and that happens alot, but teams don't often put together double digit win streaks. These team are bound to drop one before they start their streak again. The hawks can gain a game soon just by putting together a win streak and not losing to any bozo teams. Also look at the last ten games for each team. The top teams records are usually 9-1,8-2,7-3. When they hit 6-4 in their last ten like the Hawks are now, they usually go into must win emergency mode and reel off 7 or 8 in a row. If the hawks have that in them they are legit, if they lose to a bozo team before they play on the road in Denver, maybe not.

Yeah Woody said the same thing. We need another 6 or 7 game win streak. I just hate that we got lambasted by Orlando at home. It just plays in my mind that we let that one go.

What has been our most impressive win this season? I put it between the Mavs and that win over Portland on the road.

Yeah Woody said the same thing. We need another 6 or 7 game win streak. I just hate that we got lambasted by Orlando at home. It just plays in my mind that we let that one go.

What has been our most impressive win this season? I put it between the Mavs and that win over Portland on the road.

I'd say either road win over Mavs or the one in Boston. Yeah we let the one in Orlando go. We just couldn't hit a shot. It was crazy.

Edited by AmishBoy

The most impressive win? The win @ Boston.

Having said that, I agree with JackB. A loss is a loss, no matter who it was against. It's just hard for me to dwell on the losses, when we've had some very good wins this season.

• Premium Member

Losing doesn't bother me... Well, that's a lie lol. It bothers us all. Though, for some of us, it isn't about the win or the loss - it's how the game was played. That heartbreaker we lost to the Celtics last year in Boston still burns me, but it made a statement about us. A powerful statement and it was a great game even though we lost.

In the same way, the way we GAVE that game to Orlando, the loss at Detroit, and the foolishness against the Knicks says something too. If we see much more of that, then it says we're not ready.

We have to beat the teams we're supposed to and we have to SHOW UP (for four quarters dammit) against the better teams.