• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al's consistency is a big factor in the better record this year.

Plainview1981

Through this time last year Al Horford failed to score double figures 11 times. This year Al has failed to score double figures only 3 times.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/gamelog?playerId=3213&year=2009

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/gamelog?playerId=3213&year=2010

His only downright rough game was the game against Orlando. Even though he failed to score double figures against Chicago it was only because of limited minutes. Some of the folks over at insidehoops has Noah ranked ahead of Al. Even when Noah has a good defensive night it's mainly due to having a number of offensive rebounds. Noah is a good hustle player, but it ain't right to have him listed as a top 3 center in the east. Even Perkins is better than him.

• Premium Member

Through this time last year Al Horford failed to score double figures 11 times. This year Al has failed to score double figures only 3 times.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/gamelog?playerId=3213&year=2009

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/gamelog?playerId=3213&year=2010

His only downright rough game was the game against Orlando. Even though he failed to score double figures against Chicago it was only because of limited minutes. Some of the folks over at insidehoops has Noah ranked ahead of Al. Even when Noah has a good defensive night it's mainly due to having a number of offensive rebounds. Noah is a good hustle player, but it ain't right to have him listed as a top 3 center in the east. Even Perkins is better than him.

I certainly don't disagree, but I would add that I don't think consistency has ever been as much of a problem for Al as the number of touches he's gotten, which is something that's largely out of his hands. He's shooting a good deal better this year, for sure, but I think that stems largely from the fact that he's getting enough touches every game to get a good rhythm going.

Edited by niremetal

Yea. He is playing well. His seems to have extended is range quite a bit. He's surprised me a few times this year by making shots from the wing that are only a couple of feet inside the 3 point line. I think he made a 3 from there earlier this year as well.

I just Al would be more agressive about taking shots and getting his points. Seems like he surprises us a lot with what he can do when he seems "determined". I am sure if he really wanted to, he

could be averaging 15 pts a night easy. The problem is we have so many scoring options now, but thats a good thing :)

When looking at Horford's offense the first thing i look at is how he is shooting on his midrange shots. So far this year his EFG% on jumpers is 48.1% which is a big improvement over last year and is well above average for a big man. If he can stay in that range and take a few more shots it will force bigs to come out on him which will open up a lot of possiblities.

When looking at Horford's offense the first thing i look at is how he is shooting on his midrange shots. So far this year his EFG% on jumpers is 48.1% which is a big improvement over last year and is well above average for a big man. If he can stay in that range and take a few more shots it will force bigs to come out on him which will open up a lot of possiblities.

His jumpers are a key to him going from good to really really good. His passing has come around to good levels as well. I love the way Al has developed over the past couple of years. He's the type of player you love: tons of heart, enjoys the game, gives 100% on every play.

Oh yeah, and he leads a break like a master.