• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sergey Gladyr: Gunslinger

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Averaging over fourteen 3PA/40 min (pace adjusted) for his European team. Wow.

His statistical numbers compare favorably with Belinelli's around the same age with two exceptions: he's not as good at getting to the line (kinda hard to when you're slinging it up from the perimeter like that) and he's more foul prone. Supposed to be quicker, stronger, and a better leaper than Marco, FWIW.

I hope the Hawks bring him over again in the summer to see if he's developed any.

Edited by mrhonline

• Premium Member

Don't tell him that. He reportedly (meaning, I read this online) signed a contract with an NBA opt-out clause after two years specifically in hopes of coming over.

He'd only be a sophomore in college at this point, so it's hard to project. (He's the same age as guys like Willie Warren and Scotty Hopson).

He looks like an old school 2 guard. Good scoring, great perimeter shot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw3Mo8GMfOw&feature=related

Just three quick shots, but I never saw this before so maybe some of you guys would be interested.

Hope he can come to ATL as soon as he can... he looks like someone that can really be a valuable piece to someone's bench...

• Premium Member

He's been extremely inconsistent, which is to be expected for a 20 yo making the jump from the middle of nowhere to the ACB.

When he's hot, he's JR Smith hot...he expressed some difficulty in adjusting to his new coach, who doesn't want him making any mistakes. So let's hope that if he's coming over in a couple of years that he irons that out before Woody gets a hold of him.