T-Mac why not?

Buzzard

JJ and Josh Smith for T-Mac straight up. I know most of you want to say Marvin and JJ and maybe that works; but I think it would take JJ and Horf or JJ and Smoove. Houston can match JJs best offer; or let him walk and they also get a solid young player. They still have the team option on Ming next season as well; which I am sure they are going to look hard at.

This gives us needed cap space to pursue a free agent plus we may be able to resign a healthy T-Mac much cheaper than JJ.

Philly supposedly is in the works with Iguodala for T-Mac; but I think what we could offer easily trumps that.

Edited by Buzzard

You're joking, right? You want us to give up our 2 best players who are still young and healthy for an old broken down T-Mac and the chance that we might be able to lure one of the marquee FA's? Don't get me wrong I'd love to be able to have the cap space to add a significant piece this off-season but I'm not trading JJ and Smith for anyone not named Lebron or Kobe and obviously neither of those are happening.

You're joking, right? You want us to give up our 2 best players who are still young and healthy for an old broken down T-Mac and the chance that we might be able to lure one of the marquee FA's? Don't get me wrong I'd love to be able to have the cap space to add a significant piece this off-season but I'm not trading JJ and Smith for anyone not named Lebron or Kobe and obviously neither of those are happening.

What I am thinking is if management does not think that this team, in its current form will ever get past the 2nd round, then this could be one of several moves to make before the trade deadline. And there are multiple FAs out there next off season beside Lebron and Kobe that could help this team win.

I am to the point of admitting first, JJ is a 2nd option at best and could be a 3rd option on a few teams and secondly, Smoove is still shooting jumpers like he thinks he is Reggie Miller, they are just 22ft instead of 27ft. I think we should move one or both while the iron is still hot or risk being stuck with them and 2nd round exits for the next 5 years.

If we could get T-Mac for just Smoove I would be all over it but we need another 12 million or so in salary to make it work. If you can find enough talent to make Houston bite without JJ being included then we should do that as well.

I am not joking at all, 50 win seasons is tops for us with these two players being our go to guys. Championships are not won by 50 win teams. Everyone keeps saying we should be like the Pistons...as long as we have Smoove at PF and Crawford or Bibby at PG we will never be like the Pistons. Sund knows this and anyone with half a brain should understand this as well. Its time to blow up BKs failed experiment. Horford is key; Bibby and Marvin are damn near untradeable right now. Move Smoove and JJ for T-Mac and get ready for next season.

Well when your two best players are one, a honorable mention all-star and two a never been all-star, reality needs to start sinking in. So unless your goal is 2nd round exits, while being content with Smoove making as many dunks as missed jumpers, and JJ playing I am the ISO hero watch me throw up bricks in the playoffs, we need to make a move.

Reality; Smoove is never going to hit jumpers and he is always going to shoot jumpers. He is a offensive liabilty that cancels out his weakside help defense. Rebounds come and go for him in spurts just like Crawfords jumpshot. Move him now or we are going to be stuck with him, his jumper, and no rebounding PF *ss for the next 3 or more years.

Reality; JJ is not going to carry anyone to a championship; and he will always play selfishly in the 4th quarter. He wants to be the man; this is why he left a championship contender in Phoenix. He is not good enough to be the man; this is why Phoenix let him walk.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

I don't see the point of spending 6 years rebuilding a franchise to respectability then as soon as we've gotten seriously competitive again, blow the whole thing up and start over. Fans will come out for a consistent winner even without a championship but as we can still see we haven't recovered a fan base from when we were a laughing stock. It takes several seasons in a row of winning to do that.

When did Garnett or Pierce or Allen ever lead a team to a championship until someone put them together in the right circumstance.

I don't see the point of spending 6 years rebuilding a franchise to respectability then as soon as we've gotten seriously competitive again, blow the whole thing up and start over. Fans will come out for a consistent winner even without a championship but as we can still see we haven't recovered a fan base from when we were a laughing stock. It takes several seasons in a row of winning to do that.

When did Garnett or Pierce or Allen ever lead a team to a championship until someone put them together in the right circumstance.

Garnet got to the conference finals before going to Boston; Pierce got there before Garnet and Allen coming to Boston. Allen, not on those crappy teams he played for. Of those three Garnet is the real deal franchise player. Pierce and Allen are above average all-stars. I think this is the year Sund looks hard at what BK put together. Its also the year he wants to see significant improvement in our young core. Smoove started off like gang busters but has now dwindled down to his same lacadasical self. Marvin is not doing squat. Bibby is getting older and slower. Horf is a stud. JJ is a solid 2nd option but he is not the man.

IMO, Horf and JJ are the only all-star type keepers BK aquired in our starting five. Marvin and Bibby are next to impossible to move this year. Smoove and JJ are the easiest. Keep Smoove past this season; with his salary rapidly going up he is going to be very hard to move if not impossible. 12 plus million a year for a PF who is only going to get you 6.5 boards a game. I do not see anyone breaking down the trade doors for that.

I could see trading everyone we have but Horf and JJ; I just dont know if we can get good value for Marvin, Bibby, and Smoove without including one of JJ or Horf.

Edited by Buzzard

JJ and Josh Smith for T-Mac straight up. I know most of you want to say Marvin and JJ and maybe that works; but I think it would take JJ and Horf or JJ and Smoove. Houston can match JJs best offer; or let him walk and they also get a solid young player. They still have the team option on Ming next season as well; which I am sure they are going to look hard at.

This gives us needed cap space to pursue a free agent plus we may be able to resign a healthy T-Mac much cheaper than JJ.

Philly supposedly is in the works with Iguodala for T-Mac; but I think what we could offer easily trumps that.

are you nuts?? lol no offense but that trade would be the worst trade made since Raptors gave the Nets vince for Mourning, Aaron Wiiliams and Eric Williams. T-Mac has been hurt and is getting old. JJ and Marvin are younger players and JJ is better than T-Mac and you wanna throw in Marvin?? They would have to give us Yao Ming to make that trade fair..wow, glad you're not a GM. that would put us far away from the top 3 in the East. As disappointing as Joe Johnson can be sometimes, T-Mac can be even more disapponting. He isnt a good defender like Joe and we already have a offensive machine In Crawford..i just dont see the point

• Like 1

are you nuts?? lol no offense but that trade would be the worst trade made since Raptors gave the Nets vince for Mourning, Aaron Wiiliams and Eric Williams. T-Mac has been hurt and is getting old. JJ and Marvin are younger players and JJ is better than T-Mac and you wanna throw in Marvin?? They would have to give us Yao Ming to make that trade fair..wow, glad you're not a GM. that would put us far away from the top 3 in the East. As disappointing as Joe Johnson can be sometimes, T-Mac can be even more disapponting. He isnt a good defender like Joe and we already have a offensive machine In Crawford..i just dont see the point

The idea is not to use T-Mac at close to a max deal to replace JJ for the long term. Its just to look into gaining 10 mill or more in cap space and have the option of resigning T-Mac for a lot less than JJs close to max deal.

Just a fantasy trade idea I wanted to throw out there. I think its obviously a high risk proposition but if we were able to sign a big with that money and get T-Mac on the cheap it would be interesting.

Next seasons lineup:

PG Bibby, Craw, Teague

SG Craw or T-mac

SF Marvin, Evans

PF Horf, Joe Smith

Center FA Big ZaZa

Or If Marvin was traded instead.

PG Bibby, Craw, Teague

SG Craw or T-mac

SF Smoove, Evans

PF Horf Joe Smith

Center FA Big, ZaZa

We keep two of our core three ( Marvin, Smoove, Horf) and replace JJs ALL-Star power with a big. Huge risk but until we get a frontline that can hang with Howard, 2nd round exits and 2nd place in the division is all we can hope for IMO.

Edited by Buzzard