• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Only 3 of the top 15 teams under the luxury tax

jerrywest

Only 3 of the top 15 teams under the luxury tax

Recordwise

#6 Atlanta, #10 Portland & # 12 Oklahoma.

Boston/Cleveland/Orlando are all more than $12 million over the luxury tax limit.

Atlanta, as one of the 14 teams under the luxury tax, will get $4.5 million rebate from the league.

Total luxury tax for the league = $135 million.

TEAM TAX OWED Lakers $21,430,778 Mavericks $17,891,714 Celtics $14,324,318 Knicks $14,107,734 Cavaliers $13,011,251 Magic $12,574,601 Spurs $10,185,572 Wizards $8,658,888 Nuggets $5,490,379 Suns $4,887,977 Jazz $4,858,225 Hornets $3,331,809 Heat $2,817,658 Rockets $2,611,747

Could we pick up someone from the Rockets & help them go under the luxury tax $? If Rockets can shave $2.6 million, it will save them $2.6+$2.6+$4.5= $9.7 million.

I think Sund will make sure that we get something good from someone without going over the luxury tax.

Edited by jerrywest

The problem is that the Hawks don't have a trade exception or caproom in order to just absorb salary. And the Hawks also don't have expiring contracts to use as trade fodder. After the crawford trade all the Hawks have left is Evans 2.5 million dollar deal and minimum salary contracts. (and Evans isn't really an expiring- he has a player option) I can't think of any way for the Hawks to help the Rockets offload 2.6 million without doing major surgery to the roster.

The problem is that the Hawks don't have a trade exception or caproom in order to just absorb salary. And the Hawks also don't have expiring contracts to use as trade fodder. After the crawford trade all the Hawks have left is Evans 2.5 million dollar deal and minimum salary contracts. (and Evans isn't really an expiring- he has a player option) I can't think of any way for the Hawks to help the Rockets offload 2.6 million without doing major surgery to the roster.

Yes and Evans is not opting out. The only way we can make a move is even swaps. We were not built this season to go over the cap or have room to go after a FA next season with anything more than an exception. I just don't see a move unless its done with one of our best six players that some GM likes.

Its tough not knowing whether teague is not playing because of Woodson or whether he simply isn't ready to help a playoff caliber team. But when it comes down to it, Woodson was a good judge of talent when it came to Acie, Shelden, and Salim so I think he has earned the benefit of the doubt.

Earl Watson is the guy I thought could have helped but it turns out that he is now starting ahead of TJ ford so thats out.

Edited by spotatl