• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Clearly DD the likely trade bait not JT.....

MoonKnight

with the signing of JV. JV was brought in as vet b/u according to the AJC so is JV going to back up DD? DD could not beat out JV at this stage of his career and possibly never. Whatever the roster I believe Stotts and Knight will try to win as many games as possible b/c they basically are interim employees. So if DD and JV are your only options at the 1 who do you start to give the team the best chance of winning? While JV is basically a career b/u he still is a better starter than DD. So, DD is the guy on the block probably as part of a package with Nazr. IMO I see little about the JV signing that indicates JT is on the block.

• Premium Member

Several things.

#1. The fact that JT remains unsigned and both sides claiming that they are far apart makes this pickup Suspect.

#2. What team would want DD after his rookie season. He was injured for half a season and the second half, he didn't show much. Plus he's small.

#3. Why not address SF or SG with the money we spent.

There is nothing clear about this deal. The only thing that's clear is that there's a trade in the air. From where I sit, there are more reasons our franchise would trade JT than there are for them trading DD.

Well they have Raul Lopez, a former first round pick who signed last season and was rehabilitating from an injury the whole time finally healthy now + they drafted Mo Williams in the 2nd round this draft. So I don't think Utah is looking for a young pg to develop, they have two of those already.

JT would be a starter, so it's either JT or Shareef that would fancy Utah, and what package could we get from them to actually interest us?

yeah, i think the hawks signed Vaughn for 3 reasons...

1)Hes proven himself in this league. What u see is what u get. Hes a veteran. He wont surprise anyone but he'll do his job and play hard with the given minute he has. If we didnt pick him up, another team would have picked him up w/ the minimum.

2)JT insurance. Maybe this move puts pressure on JT to complete the deal? Or maybe they want to keep their options open and see what others are offerin for JT (Sign and Trade).

3)Not enough faith in DD.

• Premium Member

Sorry folks, but with our latest roster moves, we are not shooting to win it. We are again in development. That being the case, faith in DD is overly relative. In fact, I think one of Stott's main objective is to figure out if DD is a Bum or if he is a Star. NO summer league game can prove or disprove his ability. If they could, Dion Glover and Raja Bell would be household names....Both were summer league MVPs... But Both are looking for jobs as we speak.

Knowing that we are not a win now kind of team makes the argument for why we picked up JV change.

1. He's definitely not insurance. Insurance for what? If JT did go down and we were forced to use DD and Diaw more and we ended up with 15 wins... Do you think the franchise would be happy or sad?

Logically, this would in a bitter sweet way make the franchise happy. Here's why.

a. They have just developed 2 players quicker than had JT been playing full time.

b. They would be able to resign JT cheap because of his state of being damaged goods.

c. They get a Lottery pick that could possible be a Franchise player.

For a history lesson...Look over the San Antonio Spurs history.

John Lucas was coaching.

David Robinson went down injured.

The only players that Lucas could really play were:

Dominique Wilkins, Vernon Maxwell, Sean Elliot, and Avery Johnson.

What happen was Elliot started to develop as a clutch shooter. Avery Johnson developed into a floor leader. The Spurs got the first pick of the draft which was Tim Duncan and they have had no regrets...

So I doubt that we are trying to win NOW..

2. If you think about it, the fact that he is proven as a pure PG is probably why he was picked up. If we traded JT for somebody like Rashard Lewis... What we would have is a PG who can be a transition guy for DD or a transition guy for the next PG we get.

Like it or Not, PGs are a dime a dozen. We can just as easy get Wilks or Anderson or some other PG waiting to hear from the NBA.