• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jamal Crawford on Joe Johnson: "I love playing with him."

TheNorthCydeRises

Thanks for posting that North, it was an interesting, as well as scary, read thinking about Joe leaving and hearing the "inside source close to Joe" say that unless we make a hellacious run at the conference championship they see him leaving. I'm praying that JJ comes back next year and it nearly makes me sick to my stomach to think about him leaving and us getting nothing for him and not having any money to even remotely try and replace him.

• Premium Member

Thanks for posting that North, it was an interesting, as well as scary, read thinking about Joe leaving and hearing the "inside source close to Joe" say that unless we make a hellacious run at the conference championship they see him leaving. I'm praying that JJ comes back next year and it nearly makes me sick to my stomach to think about him leaving and us getting nothing for him and not having any money to even remotely try and replace him.

On the other hand, hometown papers frequently do write-ups where they go out and find a source that says what their fans want to hear. Remember how there were a spate of articles in the mid-90's talking about how Griffey wanted to play in Atlanta? All of which turned out to be bogus? Chicago sportswriters were also SURE they'd get Tim Duncan or Tracy McGrady back in 2000. Oops.

I don't doubt that there are some people in JJ's camp that want JJ to leave, and people on the Hawks that want JJ to leave. I also think that Chicago would be a very enticing destination for Joe given their roster setup. That being said, we're gonna see a billion articles citing "sources close to X" between now and this crazy free agent summer. Most of them will turn out to be pointing in the wrong direction.

On the other hand, hometown papers frequently do write-ups where they go out and find a source that says what their fans want to hear. Remember how there were a spate of articles in the mid-90's talking about how Griffey wanted to play in Atlanta? All of which turned out to be bogus? Chicago sportswriters were also SURE they'd get Tim Duncan or Tracy McGrady back in 2000. Oops.

I don't doubt that there are some people in JJ's camp that want JJ to leave, and people on the Hawks that want JJ to leave. I also think that Chicago would be a very enticing destination for Joe given their roster setup. That being said, we're gonna see a billion articles citing "sources close to X" between now and this crazy free agent summer. Most of them will turn out to be pointing in the wrong direction.

Excellent point and one that I'm more than happy to center my thoughts around rather than thinking about him potentially leaving.