• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Off to Bangladesh

frosgrim

I haven't been around the board much as I started a new job in August. Part of what I am doing is building international business. So I am off to Bangladesh tomorrow for a month. Y'all keep the Hawks winning and try to get them the 2nd seed in the east. We have a good team this year.

Take care,

Frosgrim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Back home. Long trip but set up some good research. Hopefully, we can have initial results sometime in September.

Food wasn't bad, but I did get tired of rice and chicken/mutton/fish. All food was very spicy. People are very nice and easy to get along with. But, the country is very over-populated and that is going to cause them a lot of problems in the short and long run. Hence the research we are doing.

Glad to see the Hawks hung in there and clinched a playoff spot last night in a win over the Spurs of all teams. Good job Hawks.

...But, the country is very over-populated and that is going to cause them a lot of problems in the short and long run. Hence the research we are doing....

I feel (not an expert) that over-population (humans) will be a huge problem in the future. I figure that each couple should just have replacements. Instead of having huge families....just have two...one for the Mom and one for the Dad. If everybody did that we would have less than zero population growth (since there would always be some who didn't want kids). Six or Eight child families were important at times when the population was expanding over the earth and labor was needed on farms. But that's not the case anymore.

Personally I have a daughter and a son. I realize that many fathers will have two daughters and will want a son though. We had a family in our little old small town that had a family with 8 daughters in a row. The old man kept it up until the 9th was a son.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel (not an expert) that over-population (humans) will be a huge problem in the future. I figure that each couple should just have replacements. Instead of having huge families....just have two...one for the Mom and one for the Dad. If everybody did that we would have less than zero population growth (since there would always be some who didn't want kids). Six or Eight child families were important at times when the population was expanding over the earth and labor was needed on farms. But that's not the case anymore.

Personally I have a daughter and a son. I realize that many fathers will have two daughters and will want a son though. We had a family in our little old small town that had a family with 8 daughters in a row. The old man kept it up until the 9th was a son.

DJ, I've meant to respond to this but I've been too busy.

You are hitting on what my research is about- so I won't go into huge detail as I could.

Suffice it to say fertility reduction appears to be linked to changes in the cost per child. When low, parents can "afford" to have a lot, when high you have to reduce. Its a lot more complex than that, but this is the general idea. If you are interested, PM me and I can send a more detailed explanation.