• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why I Love The Atlanta Hawks

Colin

I think this would be a good team to write about what exactly I enjoy about the team that we all love (most of the time, at least). I know we go through some hard times with rough losses, but tonight is a good chance to rejoice in my opinion.

1. Joe Johnson Smiling- Such a rare sight, but always a welcome one. He is usually just cold-faced, unless something amazing has just happened. (EX: Zaza falling down, but making a shot) I am a huge Joe Johnson fan, and seeing him smile always makes me smile as well, because I know there is a damn good reason.

2. Zaza's Fist Pumps and Facial Expressions- Everytime Zaza has a nice play, such as a behind the back pass, or an And-1, he will pump his fist, or make a dace that tells you that, yes, he knows he is awesome.

3. Josh Smith Dunks- You can feel the stadium get excited whenever Smoove goes on a fast break, just waiting to see what he does, same with alley-oops, it's always a highlight, how can you not love it?

4. Jamal Crawford Making the Crowd "oooooooh"- Who doesn't love a badass crossover that makes even the opposing crowd ooh in appreciaton? Even better when it ends with a ridiculous layup over some outstretched hands.

5. Mike Bibby Skipping- Rare sight these days it seems, but it's always nice to see him bring the ball up court skipping, looks like he's having fun out there.

6. Josh Smith Towel Waving- Perhaps the best in the league with a towel in his hand, usually seen with Zaza leading a fast break, or Mario West dunking.

7. Marvin Williams Gaining Confidence- A rare sight, but a great one, is when Marvin starts out a game hot, hitting his first few shots, maybe getting a steal and an easy dunk. You can see him finally get the confidence to call for the ball and drive it in. We saw it in the Rockets game earlier in the year, and against the Spurs recently. If only it showed itself more often!

8. Jeff Teague Fast Break Blocks- The fact that he has done it more than a few times is great, it makes even the other team's fast breaks exciting for us these days!

9. Jamal Crawford 4-Point Plays- Absolutely beautiful.

10. Joe Johnson's Long 3-Pointers- You know what i'm talking about. There was nothing more beautiful than the one he drained in D-Wade's eye last year, Game 7, especially because he got fouled, (even though they didn't call it).

11. Mo Evans' Bald Head, and The Fact His Wife Is So Hot- Self expanatory.

12. Al Horford's Jumpers- Keep improving, and i'm surprised teams are still giving it to him so often. So smooth, most of the time it drops, you can tell right off his fingers.

13. Al Horford's Long Strides While Running To People Who Hit Game-Winners- Especially evident after Crawford's three against Phoenix, it was like a little kid winning the LL WS.

14. Hubie Brown Loving Us.

15. The Fact That JJ Never Complains About Calls- Just lets his play do the talking if he thinks he got a raw deal of a call, or no-call.

16. Mario West's Steals And Garbage Time Dunks- How can you not get hype when he does exactly what he is asked to do for 15 seconds?

I have plenty more, but those are just a few.

Here's to another big W against Cleveland in a few nights!

• Like 3

17. This team doesn't get pushed around. This started 2 years ago against the Celtics in the first round, when Zaza got up in KG's face. That's when this team made the statement "We're not lying down for anybody!" Our team isn't afraid to get physical with anybody. We saw that last night versus LA as well. Our boys are tough, and they seem to be concerned with protecting each other. That's a big deal.

Edited by HawkRock1123