• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I wonder how it went down???

Diesel

• Premium Member

If the radio report is true... I wonder how it went down.

Hawks & Brothers finally meet after weeks of posturing.

Hawks pass along an offer of say... 7 years 50 Million.

Brothers say.... 'that's not enough for 4 years of loyalty.'

Kasten disagrees and says 'This is a fair deal'.

Brothers leave upset..

Kasten says... 'oh shoot, we have to do something now. Maybe we can apply a little bit of pressure. Artie... Get Jacque Vaughn on the phone'.

Vaughn. Hello.

Kasten ... 'JV, how would you like to be in the NBA again'.

Vaughn. ' This is not one of those Jokes. I have NBA Live already. Tell Tmac that I said quit messing with me.'

Kasten. 'You ninny, this is Kasten of the Hawks. We want you to play for us.'

Vaughn. 'For real. Who's the owner?.... Ah, never mind, I just want to go out and prove that I can still play. They don't call me car wash for nothing.'

Kasten... 'I'll send an offer to you by fax.'

Terry hears about the signing of JV and he's UPSET. He tells Brothers to make a deal with Utah.

OConner in Utah says... 'How much are the Hawks offering'.

Brothers.... 'about 7 million per year.'

OConner....' do you think they'll match if we go to 9.'

Brothers....'They are so disordered, that I don't think they have the funds to match. If they do, what do you lose by making an offer? IF they don't you get a great player.'

OConner... 'Well, just in case, I will front load this offer ala Miami. I know that poor Atl doesn't want to go into the luxury tax area. So how about we offer a deal with all of his raises included in the first year. I say 6 year 55 Million with the first year JT making 15 Million.' and the second year, JT making 12.5 Million.

Brothers.... 'I think that will guarantee you a replacement for Stockton.'

OConner... "Well, since we lost Stockton and Malone, we have to get somebody in here that can help us keep our good guy image and our fan base. [censored] Andre' Miller was afraid. Hopefully, JT can rival Miller!!"

Brothers....'I'll let JT speak his mind for the next couple of days and maybe the Hawks will get the message.'

Back in Atlanta.......

Stotts...... 'So now, we can match right.'

Knight..... 'I don't know.'

Kasten..... ' I don't know.'

Representative from AOL..... 'NO. Last year, we gave you permission to go over the cap and you brought home 35 wins. Terry doesn't know if he's a PG or a SG. As long as we hold the papers on this team, we can't do it.'

Kasten..... 'What about McDavid?'

Representitive from AOL........ laughs.

Knight..... 'So what are we supposed to do with Dickau, Knight, Shareef, Theo, and Diaw?'

Representitive from AOL.... ' you have to make fans come out'

Knight.....'First... I'm the lowest paid GM in the history of Basketball. Now, you have given me no chance to put together a good team. Big Dog... GONE. JT.... Gone. Draft... Wasted. FAcy... Dead.'

Stotts....'I better get my t-Shirt made that says... I became the coach of the Atlanta Hawks and all I got was Jacque Vaughn and this lousy t-Shirt. Hey BK, do you want want too.'

Kasten... 'Hey maybe we can give all the fans one. We are fans of the hawks and all we got this summer was Jacque Vaughn and this lousy t-shirt. Then maybe we can give all the fans bags as they come into the arena and they can wear them night after night like the Saints use to do.'

Somewhere in NY. Lon Kruger is laughing his ass off and Babcock is with him.